Tampa

I just yesterday received a job offer in the Tampa area. After finally being able to move to Florida, I'm most excited about watching the ships said under the bridge. Being close to cruise ports, and water were a main reason we wanted to move, so now it's time to start planning those quick get aways!

Congrats on the job offer and your upcoming move to Florida!

I'm always envious of people here on CC who live close to a port, and don't have to factor in air fare (or a road trip) every time they cruise.

Congrats on the job offer and your upcoming move to Florida!

I'm always envious of people here on CC who live close to a port, and don't have to factor in air fare (or a road trip) every time they cruise.

Thanks!

Cruising is our preferred vacation so FL made sense. I also have had a knee surgery and don't do well in the cold weather of Colorado. I grew up in WI, and my partner in MD, so we have always been near water. There isn't much of that here in CO unless it is in that frozen variety.

I also think I will see my Mom and Dad more often, as they like to cruise as well. That could be a good thing or a bad thing (don't tell her I said that.....). Love you mom (if you see and read this :))

I live in the Tampa Bay area and have sailed out of this terminal several times and can say that it is the easiest terminal in Florida to negotiate, park in, etc. I can drive to three other ports in Florida and do a couple time per year and put them in the following order as far as ease of operation goes....Best to worst...

1. Tampa

2. Port Canaveral

3. Miami

4. Ft Lauderdale

The two Royal ships here are very nice, certainly not the biggest or newest in the fleet but still quite nice.

I'll be on Radiance in Alaska next year and certainly looking forward to it.

I've never sailed out of Tampa, but we did visit the Aquarium, which is right at the cruise port. We took the harbor tour in a boat, and noticed that it's quite the journey from the dock to the open sea. And going under that bridge would be an added coolness factor.

That must be a pretty cool port from which to leave. How long of a journey is it to open sea? 20-30 mins maybe?

I've never sailed out of Tampa, but we did visit the Aquarium, which is right at the cruise port. We took the harbor tour in a boat, and noticed that it's quite the journey from the dock to the open sea. And going under that bridge would be an added coolness factor.

That must be a pretty cool port from which to leave. How long of a journey is it to open sea? 20-30 mins maybe?

Longer, it takes just over 2 hours to get to the Skyway Bridge.

We're looking at a January 2016 cruise from Tampa on Vision. It would be our first time on one of the smaller ship classes and sounds like an interesting itinerary.

The Vision Class is one of RCL's smaller class ships!

It is limited in food options, food availability later in the evening, and limited in on board activities, especially if it rains, and the outside deck activities are cancelled!

Our opinion is the Brilliance also sailing out of Tampa, a Radiance Class ship, our favorite on RCL, offers a lot more food, and entertainment options then the Vision Class!

Either way, have fun!:D

We are sailing on the Brilliance in March. We have never sailed out of Tampa. We usually sail from Pt. Canaveral or Ft. Lauderdale. Can someone tell me where to park for the port. We have been to the aquarium a few times and have parked in the parking garage across the street. Is this the same parking garage that we need to park at?? Thanks in advance

We are sailing on the Brilliance in March. We have never sailed out of Tampa. We usually sail from Pt. Canaveral or Ft. Lauderdale. Can someone tell me where to park for the port. We have been to the aquarium a few times and have parked in the parking garage across the street. Is this the same parking garage that we need to park at?? Thanks in advance

http://tampaport.centralparking.com/

That's too funny! Small world indeed! That Dream cruise was quite a wild ride, wasn't it? :eek:

Are you on the roll call? I haven't signed up yet.

Yes the Hurricane Sandy cruise was a ride.....cured me from ever getting another Cove balcony!!!!!........:eek:.

No I haven't signed up for the Brilliance Roll Call yet. Sometimes we sign up on Roll Calls and sometimes we don't.......:rolleyes:.....just depends on our mood.....LOL

Had no idea it took that long! Very excited to sail out of a new port.

Yes, it's fun because the sailaway seems like it lasts forever because everyone is waiting for the bridge to come up. And once you go under the Skyway, you're still in the channel for a bit before you hit the open sea. You pass Ft. Desoto on the starboard side, then Egmont Key to the port side a few minutes later. Once you're past that, then you're out in the open and the ship will pick up speed. It's pretty cool passing under that bridge. It seems like you can almost reach up and touch it.

Yes, it's the same parking garage, but you enter on the north end for long term parking and pay in advance. They will give you a plastic token to exit the parking garage when you return from the cruise.

Last time we sailed from Tampa, I was able to purchase wine at Wine Design at Channelside. I understand this store is closed. Is that correct? Could you suggest where to buy wine between the airport and port. Thank you

Ross

I'd try this:

http://www.totalwine.com/eng/storeLocator/redirect.cfm?sectionID=b2c/storeLocator/storeDetails.cfm&storeid=1&locationId=17768

After entering this post i'm more confused than ever............... The November 22nd sailing for the BRILLIANCE is boarded at 815 CHANNELSIDE DRIVE Tampa

is it not?

First time in Tampa will be cabbing from hotel in morn.

After entering this post i'm more confused than ever............... The November 22nd sailing for the BRILLIANCE is boarded at 815 CHANNELSIDE DRIVE Tampa

is it not?

First time in Tampa will be cabbing from hotel in morn.

That address is for terminal #3, which does not match the port's schedule which says Brilliance is at terminal #2.

This is not a big deal. Tell the cab driver to go to the cruise port, there's only one. You will be able to see which terminal is the one for Brilliance once you get near.

That address is for terminal #3, which does not match the port's schedule which says Brilliance is at terminal #2.

This is not a big deal. Tell the cab driver to go to the cruise port, there's only one. You will be able to see which terminal is the one for Brilliance once you get near.

Thank You.

Yes, it's the same parking garage, but you enter on the north end for long term parking and pay in advance. They will give you a plastic token to exit the parking garage when you return from the cruise.

According to the port website it says you can pre-pay your parking online. Is this correct? I was hoping we could, but I don't want to have any mix up once we get there

Thanks!