Assigned seating on cruise tours

rslinky

From other threads and research, it sounds like seats on the McKinley Explorer are assigned. So can I assume that the seats on the bus from Denali back to Seward will be assigned? And if the seats are assigned for both, how so? Would it mean that loyal customers and/or early bookers would get the better seats? Would hate to think that I booked in October for May and would get stuck in the back of the bus near the bathroom. I know all of you will share what you know. Thanks.

From other threads and research, it sounds like seats on the McKinley Explorer are assigned. So can I assume that the seats on the bus from Denali back to Seward will be assigned? And if the seats are assigned for both, how so? Would it mean that loyal customers and/or early bookers would get the better seats? Would hate to think that I booked in October for May and would get stuck in the back of the bus near the bathroom. I know all of you will share what you know. Thanks.

I'm not sure how a specific bus trip would be handled. On our cruisetour in 2012, we had 3 days during the tour that were long bus days. The first night our host divided everyone into 3 groups. Day 1, group 1 got to board first; day 2, group 2 got on first; and day 3, group 3 got on first. Each group was something like 12 people (about 5 or 6 different parties). So everyone had a shot at getting the seat they wanted at least once.

Now, if you're like my husband and me, we don't always go for the seats in the front of the bus, so we pretty much had the seats we wanted every time.

Edited by Shmoo here

We were on a Princess cruise tour and had assigned seats for the train. The train car had Holland America logos but was used interchangeably for Princess. The employees just changed their jackets and aprons accordlng to whose passengers were on board.

We were in the two level domed car, dining room and bathrooms were downstairs. Passengers were sent to the dining car in small groups. It was one of the best travel experiences we ever had.

There were no assigned seats on the bus segments.

Edited by sammiedawg

Thanks for the clarifications. I just hate sitting by bathrooms whether its in a bus, plane or restaurant. Hopefully we can avoid the very back of the bus and if not, its just one day in the 12 day cruise tour and I will be OK.