NO Priority disembarkation on FR?

PH8

Just off the Freedom and we(Diamond Plus) did not have priority disembarkation. I know there are bigger world problems out there,but my point is: it is a benefit that Diamond and above are supposed to have.

Instead,ALL C&A members were to go to Pharoah's Lounge to wait.Only priority was for suites.

We had priority in August(on FR),but not this time.Not fun disembarking with over 1000 C&A members...It was a disaster both leaving the ship and getting on the first day(but that was a whole other situation).........

Good thing everything else in between went okay..:)

This is called the "Carnivalization" of RCL:mad:

Each and every one of us who is on this board and devoted to cruising suffers from what could only be called "first world problems." We are not trying to cure cancer. We are here to discuss our passion. And yeah - when the cruise line we are very loyal to, and that we spend a fortune on, takes away things we have "earned" (and seems to keep doing it)- we should be able to talk about it.

Kathy has been pretty clear she is not saying her world is falling down around her. Sheesh.

Edited by MattInFLL

Disembarking from Freedom in May was not one of our smoothest, but it was also partially self inflicted.

I am conflicted on whether or not our perks are earned or gifted. Companies change their perks programs all the time. I remember when we first "earned" several hundred thousand points with Marriott. At that time we could have used our points for a 7 night vacation in Hawaii at on of their resorts with a car for the week and other benefits. Today with the same points we might be able to manage 7 nights in Hoboken.

I have noticed they give those wanna be folks who have planes to catch first dibs on getting off the ship, what gives with that? ;)

Because we drive to the port (a good 8 hours) we are getting off as the arriving passengers are lining up to board.

Had to laugh at this thread. RCI provides a place for c&a members as they did here with set ups. The times we have used this they come and get you as a group and where do they take you.... To the back of the line:p

Kind of like priority embark. Does not mean a thing unless you check in before the ship is boarding, otherwise you board with the masses

Edited by setsail

Might not have been feasible. I mean, I've been on some cruises where there were more Diamond C&A members than Emerald and Platinum combined. If there's a thousand C&A members on board and 5 Pinnacle, 25 D+, 600 Diamond, and the rest spread below, how much priority do you think can really be offered? The average Diamond is STILL gonna be 300+ people back in line.

I understand your point; with so many D's, they cannot all be at the front of the line. Still those 300+ people in front of our average Diamond in your example are themselves D/D+. Lets extend your example. If instead all 1000 C&A members are sent to one lounge, then the average D is 500 people back in line. Some of those 500 ahead of that average D have been on 1-2 cruises. Sending all 1000 to one lounge is even less feasible.

Fortunately, we have a mid afternoon flight after our FOS cruise this month. So, we should have enough time no matter how they divvy us up.

If everyone has priority, then no one does. There are so many diamond plus and pinnacles on some voyages, it is impossible to have everyone be first. I am Diamond Plus and travel in a suite.

I have had priority as traveling in a suite, but I have never had it as diamond plus.

When we were on a cruise in May in a grand suite on Adventure out of Southampton, many things that were available to suites on other RC ships, were not on Adventure. But we did have priority disembarkation.

I do think as more people achieve higher status, more of the things that we took for granted will be gone. I have no hope of ever becoming pinnacle because I now am trying Celebrity (which is very nice).

Just off the Freedom and we(Diamond Plus) did not have priority disembarkation. I know there are bigger world problems out there,but my point is: it is a benefit that Diamond and above are supposed to have.

Instead,ALL C&A members were to go to Pharoah's Lounge to wait.Only priority was for suites.

We had priority in August(on FR),but not this time.Not fun disembarking with over 1000 C&A members...It was a disaster both leaving the ship and getting on the first day(but that was a whole other situation).........

Good thing everything else in between went okay..:)

when the cruise line we are very loyal to, and that we spend a fortune on, takes away things we have "earned" (and seems to keep doing it)- we should be able to talk about it.

Kathy has been pretty clear she is not saying her world is falling down around her. Sheesh.

Exactly my point...........it is a benefit listed on the C&A page...I cruise with RCCL because ,not only do I like their product,but they have a great loyalty program with many perks.

I was merely pointing out the lack of this perk on this ship.It has always been there before when I was on the FR and now it's not.

I really can not believe all the snide remarks.Are they really necessary??

EDIT.....I see now the snide remarks are gone...

Edited by PH8

Exactly my point...........it is a benefit listed on the C&A page...I cruise with RCCL because ,not only do I like their product,but they have a great loyalty program with many perks.

I was merely pointing out the lack of this perk on this ship.It has always been there before when I was on the FR and now it's not.

As a D+ with an upcoming FOS cruise, I appreciate the information.

Unless, heaven forbid, the airline changes my flight time, I have no rush to get off the ship. But if I wanted to catch an earlier flight, the info you provided would cause me to self disembark rather than hope in vain for priority disembarkation.

First world issue, as are all cruising topics....

Thanks for sharing.

Each and every one of us who is on this board and devoted to cruising suffers from what could only be called "first world problems." We are not trying to cure cancer. We are here to discuss our passion. And yeah - when the cruise line we are very loyal to, and that we spend a fortune on, takes away things we have "earned" (and seems to keep doing it)- we should be able to talk about it.

LIKE!!!!!

I'm with you my friend!!! Edit That little red triangle works wonders getting rid of some unnecessary stuff :)

Edited by molly361

I think if they are not going to have the perk on a particular sailing, they should have at least been honest and sent out a notification and explained why they weren't having it. Then passengers could have been ready for it.

I so want to post all my opinions. But I am going to try to keep it to a minimum!!

For those of you that have been "Loyal" to Royal for more than 6 years, know what I'm talking about.

We have spent thousands of dollars to get to where we are. Getting to Diamond was really exciting for us, then as soon as we get there, RCI changes the rules and adds Diamond Plus. So we cruise & cruise to get to the Diamond Plus status. Finally there and then they change all the rules, cruises vs. days cruised, adding Pinnacle to the list.

I usually cruise 5-10 times a year and it used to be all on Royal. We were actually treated "Royally" on their cruises. We were "welcomed back" when we cruised. Our status gave us extra amenities that we truly enjoyed, even if it was just a ball cap.

Not anymore...They are taking away more and more amenities, that they told us we earned, but I feel we paid for in the cruises we took. The coupon books turned into an automatic discount, only we do not get it unless we ask for it and then it seems to take several trips to customer service to get resolved.

Our Independence cruise last Nov...was a disaster! We did not sleep for almost the entire cruise because a slamming door in a crew corridor next to our room. We spent days at Customer Service trying to fix the problem. They wanted to stand in our cabin at midnight to listen for the noise...Uh no, go stand in the crew corridor! Full ship, meant we were stuck in the cabin. They messed up our dining times, traveling with Daughter, SIL and Grandson. We both signed up for MTD at 7:00 and we were stuck in main seating....Again another 3 day ordeal to sit with our family. No one seemed to care!

Now when you call them, try to get an English speaking rep....They have outsourced their call centers to other countries!!! And it is sad when you know more than the rep you're speaking to.

OK I'm getting off my box!

Cry me a river. Are you serious, hubby needs to be first off for a 4 1/2 drive. How about those who need to catch flights? You guys need to chill and when you get off, whether early or a bit later, it's still going to be 4 1/2 hours.
Maybe you can talk him into "chilling". We don't have to be first off -- just off with one of the early tags.

I so want to post all my opinions. But I am going to try to keep it to a minimum!!

For those of you that have been "Loyal" to Royal for more than 6 years, know what I'm talking about.

We have spent thousands of dollars to get to where we are. Getting to Diamond was really exciting for us, then as soon as we get there, RCI changes the rules and adds Diamond Plus. So we cruise & cruise to get to the Diamond Plus status. Finally there and then they change all the rules, cruises vs. days cruised, adding Pinnacle to the list.

I usually cruise 5-10 times a year and it used to be all on Royal. We were actually treated "Royally" on their cruises. We were "welcomed back" when we cruised. Our status gave us extra amenities that we truly enjoyed, even if it was just a ball cap.

Not anymore...They are taking away more and more amenities, that they told us we earned, but I feel we paid for in the cruises we took. The coupon books turned into an automatic discount, only we do not get it unless we ask for it and then it seems to take several trips to customer service to get resolved.

Our Independence cruise last Nov...was a disaster! We did not sleep for almost the entire cruise because a slamming door in a crew corridor next to our room. We spent days at Customer Service trying to fix the problem. They wanted to stand in our cabin at midnight to listen for the noise...Uh no, go stand in the crew corridor! Full ship, meant we were stuck in the cabin. They messed up our dining times, traveling with Daughter, SIL and Grandson. We both signed up for MTD at 7:00 and we were stuck in main seating....Again another 3 day ordeal to sit with our family. No one seemed to care!

Now when you call them, try to get an English speaking rep....They have outsourced their call centers to other countries!!! And it is sad when you know more than the rep you're speaking to.

OK I'm getting off my box!

Is the call center for the US being outsourced to other countries something new. I always get someone from Oregon. I know that that for UK and Europe, they have outsourced to Guatemala (I think).

Disembarking from Freedom in May was not one of our smoothest, but it was also partially self inflicted.

I am conflicted on whether or not our perks are earned or gifted. Companies change their perks programs all the time. I remember when we first "earned" several hundred thousand points with Marriott. At that time we could have used our points for a 7 night vacation in Hawaii at on of their resorts with a car for the week and other benefits. Today with the same points we might be able to manage 7 nights in Hoboken.

I have noticed they give those wanna be folks who have planes to catch first dibs on getting off the ship, what gives with that? ;)

Because we drive to the port (a good 8 hours) we are getting off as the arriving passengers are lining up to board.

I bet the 7 nights in Hoboken also comes with a car and probably a meal plan. :eek:

Is the call center for the US being outsourced to other countries something new. I always get someone from Oregon. I know that that for UK and Europe, they have outsourced to Guatemala (I think).

They do have a call center in Guatemala now too (for US)...but the C&A center is still in Oregon.

Edited by PH8

Our disembarkation from the Freedom on 10/26 was absolutely awful. I do understand why they are taking so much time to disembark, so I just wait my turn and growl under my breath. LOL!

Port Canaveral has several ships disembarking and then shuttles are timed to pick up passengers. If the ship is delayed, like ours was on 10/26, due to sniffing dogs and late arrival, it may have been better.

Ft. Lauderdale is becoming a mess since there are so many ships in port! Allowing folks to just get off the ship with D, D+, etc. is becoming a real problem since there are so many of them now.

I have circumvented the long wait to get off by trying to find lines that have people walking off the ship with their luggage. I also use LUGGAGE VALET which is amazing if you are flying home! The cost is worth every penny and if you are Pinnacle, it is free!

For those traveling by car and residing in Florida, maybe wait to get off the ship later until those traveling by airline have disembarked.

Customs and Immigration are the biggest problems though. They have reduced officers which really slow up the lines. Having too many people in the luggage area can cause serious injuries, and I've seen plenty!

You can't wait to get on the ship, try relaxing and take your time getting off the ship if at all possible.:D

If I think of it I will ask on this week's roll call when they get back to see if it was offered. Maybe it was just that one week that did not have it. (Not that it was right for them to NOT offer it on your sailing)

Thanks...........I asked my friend on there now,to let me know.......IF he remembers:p

Thanks...........I asked my friend on there now,to let me know.......IF he remembers:p

It was not offered on the 10/19 or 10/26 sailing ...but I have to agree this trip showed me that luggage valet when available is the best $20 pp I can spend !!!

Thanks for the info. I think We will self disembark next time.. That means I will need to be a better packer I guess and take less "stuff!"

If u want to leave or whatever time u wish do so, just go down to the baggage terminal n look for "disembarkation time" luggage..find it get a porter first to help u load ur bags n out of the terminal. We do all the time, when we have to stay a day or two we stay as long as we can until last call!