Xmas and New Year's on The Insignia

I_r_a

Based on a holiday cruise several years ago it is fairly low key.

Ship is decorated but not overboard. Nice holiday meal and for New Years eve there was a celebration in the lounge but we heard there was good but not great attendance.

If there are kids on board they try and do a Santa Claus but only if a crew member will do it.

Christmas eve there is a wrapped gift for each on the bed when you get back from dinner. Ours was a box with the route of the sailing on the cover. Not sure if the women got the same.

In short on our cruise we knew it was the holidays but we were not "hit over the head" with the fact.

We were on MARINA for Thanksgiving last year. There was a lovely Thanksgiving dinner in the GDR (no, you didn't HAVE to have turkey but it was very good) and I remember a fancy Sunday brunch one day on that cruise. We left the ship on December 8th but some Christmas decorations were already up.

I'd agree with Ed -- they acknowledge the holidays but don't go over the top.

Mura

Except for last year, we have been on Seabourn and Regent for six years over the holidays. This year will be our first on the Insignia for Christmas, New Years, and my birthday......looking forward to a wonderful cruise!

Agree with that.... This is a second Xmas/New Year and birthday cruise on Insignia. Last year was Silversea Explorer and previous was Celebrity Expedition. See you at the M&G....