windsurf gym

kindgen2

The facility on the Wind Surf is decent. Not on a par with those on the modern mega-cruisers, but you'll find several cardio machines (elipticals, treadmills), weight machines, and some loose weights. As of March of this year there were 2 TVs, and I think a VCR or DVD player, but I don't recall any software. The TV was usually tuned to an international news broadcast. I preferred to listen to my ipod as I did my penance for the night before...

There were several yoga mats, but you'll be hard pressed to find enough space to practice. I'm pretty sure they had classes (for a fee) for the basic Sun Salute-type routine, but I didn't participate in them.

Don't know about the 24-hour thing. I was usually in there between 6AM and 7AM and never had a problem getting on the machine I wanted. I often had the place to myself at those hours. It did get busier later in the morning...

Are you already booked for a cruise? I'm sooo jealous. We reallyed loved it on the Wind Surf. Easily my favorite of our cruises! Enjoy!

thanks for all of the great info !! yes i am booked for the

sept 4th trip from barcelona.

I'll be on that itinerary next year! When you get back, would it be possible to let me know which area of the port the ship docks or if it is tendered? I'd really appreciate it...

Have a wonderful cruise!

I cruised the Surf in the med two years ago. a friend of ours hired the gym director for daily personal training sessions. I went up there and "borrowed" a yoga mat for the length of the cruise. I did my own practice on deck somewhere or in my room but i think they might have offered some fitness classes. have fun!

I just got back and have my daily programs in front of me. The fitness center is open from 6am to 11pm. There are also classes such as yoga, pilates, fit ball, kickbox, steps, (looks like they were all at 8am, 9am, 10am and 6pm). They are in the nautilus room. I didn't do them, but want to say you might have to pay for them. The gym is pretty decent and has windows on both sides. You overlook the people laying out, but it got a lot of use. Enjoy your cruise. We had a different itinerary, but had a great time.

• 3 weeks later...

barcelona-- beautiful city but be very, very wachfull-- lots of pick pockets!!

2 in our group hit !! also take trip insurence 4 in our group did not get

luggage until halfway through the cruise.

ship was beautiful !! breakfast and lunch were great. dinner so so with

very slow service ( we had a large group so that could be why)

if possible arrange your own shore excursions. the one that i took to

tangier was very bas. they should have paid me !!

barcelona-- beautiful city but be very, very wachfull-- lots of pick pockets!!

2 in our group hit !! also take trip insurence 4 in our group did not get

luggage until halfway through the cruise.

ship was beautiful !! breakfast and lunch were great. dinner so so with

very slow service ( we had a large group so that could be why)

if possible arrange your own shore excursions. the one that i took to

tangier was very bas. they should have paid me !!

A couple of questions, on the lost luggage, did you arrange for the air transportation through Windstar? How long before the cruise did you arrive in Barcelona?

As for Tangier, when we were there, the basic tour was nothing to rave about but was OK. However, after the "formal" tour the tour guide offered to take everyone back into the city for some "shopping". The "shopping" turned out to be taking us to one store where the guide received a kick-back from the owner for any sales. For safety reasons I would not go "on my own" to the city.

on the lost luggage. we arrived in barcelona 4 days before

the cruise. air was through a travel agent. they all had the

insurence so they got $200 each per day but would have

liked to have their own things. the windsurf also gave all of

them free laundy every day. they all went through madrid and

felt that it was iberia air that lost the luggage.

tangier tour-- i would not sugest going on your own but hiring

a private guide. i have been there a few times and the ships

tour was one of the worst i have ever been on. took us to a

very bad show-- drums and belly dancer. the belly dancer had a

blond ponytail and tan lines !! she also could not dance. they then

took us to the " only good store" in the city !! this was a true rip off.

they also had too large a group for one guide ( over 50)

Wlecome home & thanks for your feedback!

The Tangier tour is sounding like a rip-off. Maybe we will have to look for our own guide after all...

Did the ship dock in ports close to town? (I'm hoping we won't have to take tenders.) Also, was the sports platform ever down?

Maryann

all were close to the towns !! no tenders. the ship provided buses

into towns if we were too far away.

we took a great sight seeing bus in palma. it ran right where we

came off the dock. ome in our party rented moter scotters !!

ibiza wa a walking town and that i what we did there. the people

that took the granada tour from the hip loved it.

the port platfom wa used for cirtified scuba divers only.

lot of dvds in the libary and had sky news and cnn most of the time.

When we were in Tangier there were either 3 or 4 different tours. We went on the "Taste of North Africa" tour and it was OK. Others went on the "The White Dove of Tetouan" and also said that it was OK. We went on the "Taste" tour because it seemed that you would get to see more of the area and not be subjected to the normal tourist show.

On our tour there were about 30 people and two "guides". The first guide stayed at the front of the group and the second "guide" stayed at the back to make sure that no one was lost.

As for being concerned about tenders, the Windstar ships are so small that you do not need to worry about tendering. We have gone on 4 different Windstar cruises and have tendered into many ports. This has not been a problem in that they have tenders running every 15-30 minutes in each direction. Normally everyone that is waiting can get on the tender.

On the lost luggage, it does not seem like Windstar was responsible for the luggage problem. From what you said, Windstar went out of their way to help everyone. I give them credit for that.

Archived