Faster to the Fun Question ...

kristie64063

Hey everyone ... quick questions. We are going on a cruise in January with my in-laws. To obtain a Past Guest appreciation rate for my in-laws, I've put my son in their room and my MIL in ours. We plan to switch once on board, which was all ok with the people booking.

My question is about Faster to the Fun; we've purchased this for our cabin, but not our in-laws. Because my son is a minor and in the other room, can the people in the other room board with us? Technically in the reservations, that is my FIL and son.

Thanks in advance! :) We've done faster to the fun before and loved it! Also, we may get there and be able to board before the in-laws even arrive ... my son of course would be with us.... ???

Hey everyone ... quick questions. We are going on a cruise in January with my in-laws. To obtain a Past Guest appreciation rate for my in-laws, I've put my son in their room and my MIL in ours. We plan to switch once on board, which was all ok with the people booking.

My question is about Faster to the Fun; we've purchased this for our cabin, but not our in-laws. Because my son is a minor and in the other room, can the people in the other room board with us? Technically in the reservations, that is my FIL and son.

Thanks in advance! :) We've done faster to the fun before and loved it! Also, we may get there and be able to board before the in-laws even arrive ... my son of course would be with us.... ???

As crazy as it sounds, your son should be allowed to board with you because he is a minor BUT because your in-laws are not minors and he is in their cabin, he might not be OR he might be but not them...

It really depends on the Port and who is "manning" the FTTF line at the time you arrive :(

Your best bet, if you still can, is purchase FTTF for their cabin as well..

Edited by Elaine515

the technical answer is no. They are not allowed.

Your son has an adult with him so he is not alone. if there were only children in the other cabin, then it would be allowed.

having said that, some ports 'might' let it go but if you try this, be prepared for them to say no

The real question is, why would you do this, if traveling with the in-laws? Why not just stay together as a happy family? Either pay for both rooms, and give Carnival an extra $100.00 for free services, or not pay for any room, and get the same service for free. (Ok, so you wait an hour for your room).

The real question is, why would you do this, if traveling with the in-laws? Why not just stay together as a happy family? Either pay for both rooms, and give Carnival an extra $100.00 for free services, or not pay for any room, and get the same service for free. (Ok, so you wait an hour for your room).

Not really the question, and the snarkiness wasn't necessary. But thanks anyways... And skipping past all the people in the guest services line every time we went up for a question (which was probably 5-7 times) was COMPLETELY worth every dime. My vacation time is not a time I want to spend in line, and those lines were LONG. We all choose to spend money for different reasons, and what benefits us personally ... So if something doesn't work for your and your family, doesn't mean you need to be rude, and doesn't mean it doesn't work for others.

Thx for the other replies. We bought FTTF before we re-arranged the cabins for the special rate and the in-laws are probably arriving after us and it wouldn't have been as beneficial for them.

I will offer this suggestion. Print all boarding passes separately. Your son boards with you and spouse. His sail and sign account would be on yours anyway (if you elect to give him privileges.) He is a minor so he can board with you. What probably wont be allowed is to have your in laws board with you. There is no rule that says all persons booked in a stateroom have to board together. That rule work for you and against you.

I will offer this suggestion. Print all boarding passes separately. Your son boards with you and spouse. H.

Because his card will NOT be in the area for checking in for the FTTF.

A few months ago this was being allowed but workers are now showing people to go to the right spot.

Oh you will think this is "snarky" or negative, but I don't care.

This is another example of somebody wanting to get something without paying for it, after already shuffling around to get the cheapest rate for those that did not earn it.

Classic Carnival cliental and more support for the "Walmart of Cruising" reputation Carnival and Carnival customers have earned.

Just pony up the $50 for the other room so they call can get FTTF. If you cannot afford that, I might suggest you probably cannot afford the cruise.

Flame away, flame away.

Not really the question, and the snarkiness wasn't necessary. But thanks anyways... And skipping past all the people in the guest services line every time we went up for a question (which was probably 5-7 times) was COMPLETELY worth every dime. My vacation time is not a time I want to spend in line, and those lines were LONG. We all choose to spend money for different reasons, and what benefits us personally ... So if something doesn't work for your and your family, doesn't mean you need to be rude, and doesn't mean it doesn't work for others.

Thx for the other replies. We bought FTTF before we re-arranged the cabins for the special rate and the in-laws are probably arriving after us and it wouldn't have been as beneficial for them.

They still would get the benefits of direct access to the cabin upon boarding, early luggage arrival, Priority Guest Service line, priority tendering, priority debarkation. It's not all about getting on the boat a little earlier.

Just pony up the $50 for the other room so they call can get FTTF. If you cannot afford that, I might suggest you probably cannot afford the cruise.Flame away, flame away.

It just might not be available for multi families to purchase it.

But imagine if 1 out of every 100 people took extra family members into an area that they should not-- the chaos that will bring.

I think this is why Carnival is getting a little bit more heavy on what is allowed. Like I said-- it was allowed once upon a time

If I understand the situation, you, your husband and MIL can board together as the on-record cabin occupants for which FTTF has been purchased. As your minor child is registered in a different cabin, I believe he will be permitted to board with you.

However, your FIL will not be able to board with you as he is registered in a cabin without FTTF. He will be permitted to board based on the order he arrived, checked in and received a boading zone assignment.

The whole issue is moot if the inlaws are arriving after you have already boarded as you suggested is possible. Should you arrive together, FIL will be boarding after you (alone, if MIL leaves him in the dust in favor of the FTTF benefit :D).

Edited by KevInPitt

Because his card will NOT be in the area for checking in for the FTTF.

A few months ago this was being allowed but workers are now showing people to go to the right spot.

Staff can go get his card. It's not that big of a place. Also more terminals are going to POS printing. When we boarded in Vancouver The card was printed and our photo was taken all in one stop.

If I understand the situation, you, your husband and MIL can board together as the on-record cabin occupants for which FTTF has been purchased. As your minor child is registered in a different cabin, I believe he will be permitted to board with you.

However, your FIL will not be able to board with you as he is registered in a cabin without FTTF. He will be permitted to board based on the order he arrived, checked in and received a boading zone assignment.

The whole issue is moot if the inlaws are arriving after you have already boarded as you suggested is possible. Should you arrive together, FIL will be boarding after you (alone, if MIL leaves him in the dust in favor of the FTTF benefit :D).

That'd be pretty funny, LOL!! But really, I was just wondering if DS could board with us, since he's arriving with us, and IL's are coming later; looks like it might be iffy; and FTTF is something I can afford, I can afford what ever I wish to budget and spend. I bought it for us, because we're getting there earlier than IL's. But I did learn something good (in and around all the ugly comments ??), that DS's information will be in a different area, and not where we check in with FTTF ... good to know in advance, thanks to who mentioned that!!

I just want to say; I'm not cheap, and I am not attending vacations and functions that I cannot afford. As with all things, I like to pay a good price and get a good deal. We're not cheating by putting my DS in with FIL to get the good rate; I told the Carnival employee exactly what we were doing and asked her if it would be allowed to switch him back once on the boat, and she checked with superviser and all was well. That enabled my two cabins to get the same rate. If getting a good deal makes me a trashy, lowly, "Walmart" person (whatever that means), then ok ... you're just weird for thinking like that. You go ahead, don't bargain hunt, and pay more than me, for the same thing. Your decision... lol.

I just want to say; I'm not cheap, and I am not attending vacations and functions that I cannot afford. As with all things, I like to pay a good price and get a good deal. We're not cheating by putting my DS in with FIL to get the good rate; I told the Carnival employee exactly what we were doing and asked her if it would be allowed to switch him back once on the boat, and she checked with superviser and all was well. That enabled my two cabins to get the same rate. If getting a good deal makes me a trashy, lowly, "Walmart" person (whatever that means), then ok ... you're just weird for thinking like that. You go ahead, don't bargain hunt, and pay more than me, for the same thing. Your decision... lol.

No reason to explain to anyone on these boards the whys and why not with what you do. Sorry that you are getting backlash. Its really a simple question- no reason to throw flames

That'd be pretty funny, LOL!! But really, I was just wondering if DS could board with us, since he's arriving with us, and IL's are coming later; looks like it might be iffy; and FTTF is something I can afford, I can afford what ever I wish to budget and spend. I bought it for us, because we're getting there earlier than IL's. But I did learn something good (in and around all the ugly comments ??), that DS's information will be in a different area, and not where we check in with FTTF ... good to know in advance, thanks to who mentioned that!!

I am also sorry you got bashing answers rather than honest ones to help you juggle your "legally obtained" arrangements.

Unfortunately, that's how most responders are here. Close your eyes and think happy thoughts - soon enough you'll be on that cruise. Enjoy!!

Edited by KevInPitt
typos - i hate them

If I find it necessary to go to guest services 5 to 7 times a cruise I guess it's worth it, but my question would be WHY so many times?

Oh you will think this is "snarky" or negative, but I don't care.

This is another example of somebody wanting to get something without paying for it, after already shuffling around to get the cheapest rate for those that did not earn it.

Classic Carnival cliental and more support for the "Walmart of Cruising" reputation Carnival and Carnival customers have earned.

Just pony up the $50 for the other room so they call can get FTTF. If you cannot afford that, I might suggest you probably cannot afford the cruise.

Flame away, flame away.

This is exactly the response that let all of of low rent trashy walmart cruisers know we are correct about the self righteous elitist attitudes that you fancy line people have. So get out of our gutter before you get some mud on your shoes and not worry about what the other person wants to do if you have no real input to add.

If I find it necessary to go to guest services 5 to 7 times a cruise I guess it's worth it, but my question would be WHY so many times?

last cruise i took my dad with us. There was sooo many issues the entire week with his sign and sail card. I guess in that week we must have visited at least 10-12 times. For some reason he kept demagnetizing the card-- have no idea how.

Kristie....

Couldn't help but add......IF you were a "Walmart" kind of person, you just might have more money than most of us, especially if you cashed in your stocks at the right time! It is a strange world we live in.....

And the son can board with his grandfather if they all arrive at the same time.

If possible I would get FTTF for your in-laws, regardless of whether or not they let your child go on with you. It really is easier for an older person or for a person with physical challenges to avoid a two hour long line every time they have a question. So give your in-laws a nice gift of FTTF so they don't have to do that! Carnival only came out with the FTTF program after I became platinum but I would definitely purchase it if I didn't already get those privileges. The priority line at the information desk is my favorite platinum perk.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Edited by Jana60

Did your rooms share the same booking number? When we did this and shared a booking number, we were told to only by one FTTF because it is for everyone in our party. We checked in together for our two rooms and we got our FTTF pass.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

last cruise i took my dad with us. There was sooo many issues the entire week with his sign and sail card. I guess in that week we must have visited at least 10-12 times. For some reason he kept demagnetizing the card-- have no idea how.

I've heard that keeping the card next to your cell phone can cause this.