Faster to the Fun - Sold Out!!

ldarcy

So 1 came available yesterday for my Splendor trip next week....I hesitated for about an hour whether it was worth it for us, as we are planning on already getting to the ship early, and we've got no tender ports, however, the thought of having our room ready and luggage there was definitely a plus in my mind. I went back to book it last night, and it was already gone. Grrrrrr Hoping they release some more as my cruise doesn't officially start until my luggage is there and I'm unpacked!

Moral of the story - if it's there, don't wait! It will be gone in a flash! :P

Based on the post I responded to, you seem to think the only usefulness of FTTF is to get on the ship early. Now if you had said "I didn't get on early, we had no tender ports, I never had to go to GS, etc......." then you would have presented the proper image of why FTTF was worthless to YOU. But instead, you made it sound like if you don't get on early then FTTF is worthless which is hardly the case!

Nope, didn't mean that getting on early was the only thing. I did tender ports in May and was on the first one to HMC and didn't care if I was first or not but there weren't many on line that early.

I used Guest Services once (to dispute internet connection) and went when everyone was off the ship (Bahamas). No wait.

I carry my own luggage (one bag) on and off so don't need priority embarkation/debarkation and don't care what time I get on or off.

Funny thing was that I met a couple on Splendor (Oct) who had FTTF and told me that it was a joke because they still had to wait for certain things.

I did lot of reading and there is tons of pros and cons that everyone shares about FTTF. We are not seasoned cruisers but we are a family of 5. While many will feel otherwise, my input would be if you have kids or maybe elderly persons with you, the last thing after spending $$$$ is to have them upset/grumpy, tired, anxious, etc. and in turn get you upset to start your trip. If you can get on the ship earlier, unpack and change into new gear after travel day, enjoy the trip right from the start its worth the money ... to me. Also if you need some questions answered or to get off at a port earlier, again with kids the faster you can do that the better in my mind. If it were just my wife and I, I would suggest it is likely not worth it, sit back, people watch, take your time getting on, read your Kobo while waiting, etc. Just my two cents.

Aside from that, when we decided to look at getting the FTTF it was sold out. I kept checking every other day kind of thing and 40 days prior to our cruise 15 spots opened up. So if you are interested keep checking. They will come available but I would not expect Carnival is going to email or notify you when they are and if they did it likely would be too late as they will get grabbed up as soon as they are there.

Will FTTF be worth it. Likely not, but after spending $$$ another $50 is not going to be that big a deal no matter what budget you have. If its not available ... it wasn't meant to be was my thinking.

I did lot of reading and there is tons of pros and cons that everyone shares about FTTF. We are not seasoned cruisers but we are a family of 5. While many will feel otherwise, my input would be if you have kids or maybe elderly persons with you, the last thing after spending $$$$ is to have them upset/grumpy, tired, anxious, etc. and in turn get you upset to start your trip. If you can get on the ship earlier, unpack and change into new gear after travel day, enjoy the trip right from the start its worth the money ... to me. Also if you need some questions answered or to get off at a port earlier, again with kids the faster you can do that the better in my mind. If it were just my wife and I, I would suggest it is likely not worth it, sit back, people watch, take your time getting on, read your Kobo while waiting, etc. Just my two cents.

Aside from that, when we decided to look at getting the FTTF it was sold out. I kept checking every other day kind of thing and 40 days prior to our cruise 15 spots opened up. So if you are interested keep checking. They will come available but I would not expect Carnival is going to email or notify you when they are and if they did it likely would be too late as they will get grabbed up as soon as they are there.

Will FTTF be worth it. Likely not, but after spending $$$ another $50 is not going to be that big a deal no matter what budget you have. If its not available ... it wasn't meant to be was my thinking.

One thing that people keep saying about FTTF is that they like to unpack when they get to their cabin. There is no part of FTTF that says your luggage will be there when you board. Its given priority, so it should get there before others, but I have seen numerous posts where the luggage has not arrived for people with FTTF until after 3 to 4pm. I am not saying its not worth it, but just want people to realize, you luggage may not arrive for sometime after you board.

So 1 came available yesterday for my Splendor trip next week....I hesitated for about an hour whether it was worth it for us, as we are planning on already getting to the ship early, and we've got no tender ports, however, the thought of having our room ready and luggage there was definitely a plus in my mind. I went back to book it last night, and it was already gone. Grrrrrr Hoping they release some more as my cruise doesn't officially start until my luggage is there and I'm unpacked!

Moral of the story - if it's there, don't wait! It will be gone in a flash! :P

I told you somebody would snag the FTTF I cancelled. I'm on the Splendor next week too.

One thing that people keep saying about FTTF is that they like to unpack when they get to their cabin. There is no part of FTTF that says your luggage will be there when you board. Its given priority, so it should get there before others, but I have seen numerous posts where the luggage has not arrived for people with FTTF until after 3 to 4pm. I am not saying its not worth it, but just want people to realize, you luggage may not arrive for sometime after you board.

No, your luggage will not be there as soon as you walk into your cabin but usually it will arrive shortly thereafter. In my case, about 30 minutes after I got to the cabin 1 piece arrived and the other arrived about 10 minutes after that. Both pieces were there by 12:30. In most cases, luggage will arrive before muster drill whereas, again in my case, without FTTF it usually arrives while we are at early seating dinner.

• 2 weeks later...

If you arrive early at the post and receive a number one zone number you will board right behind the FTTF passengers.

Other than early boarding. With FTTF you get expedited luggage delivery. It is not guaranteed to be at your cabin when you get there.

You also get priority tender boarding. This is nice if you are sailing to Grand Cayman, Belize or Half Moon Cay.

You also get a different phone number for guest services if you want to call them. Also a short line at the guest services desk if you want to go there.

Don't worry...I think FTTF is a waste of money.

I was on the ship in 20 minutes from drop off to being in my cabin...(arrived around 1:00) and I'm not in a preferred group. (This is on 5 cruises on Splendor from NY since Feb)

I just don't get the hype...the real fun begins once the ship leaves.

Is it really important to be on that early? Not flaming....just curious why this is such a big deal....

Faster to the flatulence is a waste of money.. you got it right.

But hey if people want to throw money away on a prrceived benefit, thats cool.

Other than early boarding. With FTTF you get expedited luggage delivery. It is not guaranteed to be at your cabin when you get there.

your cabin is ready. When you board with zone one its usually before NOON so you will be carrying all your stuff with you until the cabins are available at 1:30

People with the FTTF when giving the luggage to the porter are not making sure that their bags are going into the correct bin.

Bins for FTTF are uploaded as soon as they are filled.

Faster to the flatulence is a waste of money.. you got it right.

But hey if people want to throw money away on a prrceived benefit, thats cool.

I so agree. Beer, (aka faster to the flatulence) IMO is a waste of money. Also, IMO Faster to the Fun is worth $50 to me. Had it, loved it and have it again. Each to their own.

You are correct its my 50.00 so if I want to put my carry on in my suite right away so I don't have to carry them around it is worth in to me I have a suite also perhaps you think that is a waste of money also. Everybody makes there own choices when they go on vacation and I never question what somebody else does.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Getting onboard early is not that important to us but FTTF is worth it for us because:

No dragging around luggage once onboard

No waiting in line at service desks once on board

Priority tendering

Priority debark which is particularly important when trying to get from florida to canada east coast on early flights

Edited by mcgratru

I don't hang out at these forums much and it becomes pretty clear why. Just bantering no real help to those that are looking for it. There are obviously those exceptions and to those helpful people thanks because we appreciate the help.

People such as myself come to these sites because they are new to cruising, or considering a new idea or option about cruising looking for ADVICE/EXPERIENCE. We don't come to these sites to waste time reading post after post of arguing about who is stupid for doing this or that or crazy to even think of doing this or that, etc.

For example, someone such as myself will post something like "Never had FTTF before and considering it" "Please provide your experience" Here is the key, we want your experience not your opinion with no explanation why you feel that way.

A useful response would be "I don't ever purchase FTTF because our family usually goes to the port very early 10am and for this reason we don't find it useful as we get on pretty early anyway" Case closed. So now if I am going to the port very early maybe I won't consider purchasing FTTF. This is helpful experience or advice.

We do not need to get response "You are an idiot of throwing $50 away" !!

Provide your experience why something is good or bad and again "why" so others can use that information to make their OWN decision from there.

Jeesh. Some people are very helpful but their information gets flooded away from many posts of useless opinions that are no help to those looking for it.

Enjoy your cruises.