Social media plan?

newlights

Was just taking my post cruise survey today and it asked me if i purchased wifi I answered no then it asked if I was aware carnival had a social media plan for $5 a day... Anyone know what this is?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by newlights

Just borded freedom and thought I would give a quick update. Social media plan started this week. For $5 a day or $25 for entire cruis you get access to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, iMessage, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Facebook messenger, what'sapp and snapchat. My sure how fast it's going to be.

Also got cheers and match play is still in effect, although there are no signs.

Just borded freedom and thought I would give a quick update. Social media plan started this week. For $5 a day or $25 for entire cruis you get access to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, iMessage, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Facebook messenger, what'sapp and snapchat. My sure how fast it's going to be.

Hmmm.... So with iMessage you can text each other and even back home... That could be really interesting! Even I guess with the FB messenger you can do something similar. Wonder if you can do two devices so you can communicate on the ship

Awesome, please let us know if you get the social media plan and if it worked well for you. Have a great cruise!

This will be interesting. We're on Freedom for Thanksgiving and my 13 y/o will be ELATED to have social access. I, on the other hand, will enjoy being disconnected.

Amen to that. One of my favorite things about cruising, forces me to not check my email. After my first day withdraw, I relax.

We, too, cruise to disconnect from the job. So I have mixed feelings about this. However, we are cruising without the kids this coming week so this will be very convenient if it's working properly.

I am curious to see how it works with the devices. I'm not assuming it's not only at the hub.

how does the social media stuff work without turning on the phone.

I do not want to rack up sea charges while doing that.

At least for he iPhone you can put it in airplane mode. By default it also turns of the wifi, but the selection is right below the airplane selection to turn it back on. Airplane on and the wifi on will prevent cellular connections but enable wifi.

We, too, cruise to disconnect from the job. So I have mixed feelings about this. However, we are cruising without the kids this coming week so this will be very convenient if it's working properly.

I am curious to see how it works with the devices. I'm not assuming it's not only at the hub.

We too are cruising without the kids on our next trip so that's why we are interested. On the other hand sometime out of site out of mind for them might be better too!

I'm saying that it isn't just on the hub because it includes iMessage which is Apple/Mac specific.

Wonder if that's only for their computers in the hub or for kindle/iPad in your cabin or lido? How will they able to see which apps you're using?

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg

Since it is going through the wifi, they can limit and restrict access to only certain sites. Some people may have experienced this as work when sites are filtered or blocked, same premise.

how does the social media stuff work without turning on the phone.

I do not want to rack up sea charges while doing that.

If you have a smartphone, you can turn off data and just keep wifi on. That's what I do with my iPad when I don't want to use the LTE service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk