What is the benefit of booking a future cruise whilst onboard

I have two RCL cruises coming up in April 2015. There is a cruise from Australia to Hong Kong in 2016 that I like. Would i get a better deal booking with RCL whilst onboard? Thanks

There would be no difference in price, but you would pay a lower deposit and get on board credit for the future cruise.

Since RC changed the benefits of booking onboard and doing a future cruise certificate, it is much more in your interest to book onboard at the next cruise place. You'll get more onboard credit doing so.

The offers ...

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/NextCruise/14037219_Onboard_NextCruise_Flyer_2015.pdf

Edited by royzer76

It is true. We normally purchase the next cruise certificate and decide later but when we were on the Brillance we booked the Freedom for nextLabor dayin a JS and got $200 OBC in which our TA matched that and gave us prepaid gratuities and dinner for two. It's a great deal.

Since RC changed the benefits of booking onboard and doing a future cruise certificate, it is much more in your interest to book onboard at the next cruise place. You'll get more onboard credit doing so.

The offers ...

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/NextCruise/14037219_Onboard_NextCruise_Flyer_2015.pdf

Based on the offers shown in your link, I can get better OBC by booking through Costco Travel (starting at $45 for inside, compared to $25 for booking on board). Is there any other benefit besides reduced deposit to booking on board? Reduced deposit is hardly a benefit since it all balances out after final payment anyway. Looks like - if you have a Costco membership - that's the best way to go.

Based on the offers shown in your link, I can get better OBC by booking through Costco Travel (starting at $45 for inside, compared to $25 for booking on board). Is there any other benefit besides reduced deposit to booking on board? Reduced deposit is hardly a benefit since it all balances out after final payment anyway. Looks like - if you have a Costco membership - that's the best way to go.

First off, it's against CC Guidelines to name specific TAs.

When booking with a TA, make sure that you ask the question, do you honor price reductions if any should occur before final payment, and if you do, will you deduct any benefit you are giving me to book with you. Or will you charge me a fee for repricing my cruise.

Reduced deposits do help those that book a year in advance.

The OBC offered for onboard booking is a joke now for the most part. Use to, a NextCruise open booking would get you 100.00 OBC for a 7 night cruise. I agree with you on the reduced deposit. Not really a benefit to me. When I book, I pay mine in full at time of booking. The peace of mind in knowing my cruise is paid in full is greater than the pennies the money would earn in a savings account.

Sorry, I wasn't saying the Royal Caribbean next cruise offers would beat a Travel Agent.

I was just highlighting the difference between booking on board or doing a next cruise certificate.

Obviously go with the best deal!

The OBC offered for onboard booking is a joke now for the most part. Use to, a NextCruise open booking would get you 100.00 OBC for a 7 night cruise. I agree with you on the reduced deposit. Not really a benefit to me. When I book, I pay mine in full at time of booking. The peace of mind in knowing my cruise is paid in full is greater than the pennies the money would earn in a savings account.

OBC does increase if you are booking a specific cruise. The booking a NC is worthless now IMHO.