Breeze - Price Drop

kam2718

I am looking on booking the breeze for Oct 24, 2015. I hope the prices drop a little but I really want to book now. I see a couple different options to select from for a balcony room.

Early Saver

Fun select

Past guest with 2 upgrades

Out of those 3 which should I book so I can receive a price drop if it does change.

early saver gives you price protection up til final payment but you can not make changes.. nor can youcancel without it costing you 50.bucks,

--

carnival will give price guarantee-- up until final payment.

for that I would book the past guest rate with a 2 category upgrade.

and watch prices for that

in 24 cruises I have only 2 cruises ever come down in price.

Even my upcoming one for February-- the halloween sale was more then what I paid. Booking early like this is giving you the best rate possible

early saver gives you price protection up til final payment but you can not make changes.. nor can youcancel without it costing you 50.bucks,

--

I don't think this is correct. Early saver will give you price protection up to final payment in the form of a price adjustment (i.e. your total amount due at final payment will decrease to the lowest price you've found and requested adjustment for). AFTER final payment, you can still send in price adjustment requests, and the amount will show up as OBC. This has been our experience for two different cruises.

Your chances of seeing price drops will depend on the type of cabin you choose--if you choose a standard balcony room, you are more likely to see price drops than if you choose a less common room, like an aft wrap balcony.

Early saver does go beyond final payment, that's really the point of getting it, and reserving a cabin far in advance I would use ES.

As mentioned, price reduction before final payment, choice of cabin upgrade or Sign and Sail card credit after final payment. My experience is different than posted above, I just got a $200 credit because of a price decrease for my Breeze cruise in eleven days, last year got a credit on our Dream cruise.

I recommend early saver all the way if you think the price is reasonable now. At some point there could be an awesome sale and if prices drop you will benefit.

We booked the The Breeze in Feb '14 for our trip in Sept '14 using early saver and over the year we scored $600 credit and upgraded all the way to lido balcony after I thought we got a great deal originally on an interior room.

If you don't see a drop or prices increase, then you know you played the game well and got the best price. If you see a price or room today you want then grab it. I just wouldn't chance waiting because the price could jump.