Need some last minute info

Hi all we book the Vision November 6th cruise last minute and live in fl. We will be flying from Tampa to Fort Lauderdale. I have a question what is the best way to get from the airport in Fort Lauderdale to the port I know they are a hop skip and a jump from each other. We are parking at the airport in Tampa and taking a taxi back from Port of Tampa since it is a max flat rate of 25$ unless any of you know another way.

I have also posted this in the roll call but it does not seem to be very active this close to the cruise.

Thank you all for your help and wish everyone a great cruise and safe travels!.

progress.gif

Hi all we book the Vision November 6th cruise last minute and live in fl. We will be flying from Tampa to Fort Lauderdale. I have a question what is the best way to get from the airport in Fort Lauderdale to the port I know they are a hop skip and a jump from each other. We are parking at the airport in Tampa and taking a taxi back from Port of Tampa since it is a max flat rate of 25$ unless any of you know another way.

I have also posted this in the roll call but it does not seem to be very active this close to the cruise.

progress.gif

If Vision is leaving from Port Everglades, then a taxi would be the best choice.

If Vision is leaving from Miami, then I'd check for shuttle ideas with the Florida Departures board:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

Edited by clarea

We'll be on the same cruise! I was watching and those last minute rates were really good! I hope you have a great time.

Uber (or Lyft) is usually the least expensive way to go (just be sure to set it up on your phone ahead of time, so you're not fumbling with the registration while waiting). Quick and easy.

You can also take a taxi. A little more expensive, and not as nice, but they will be right there at the airport. It's a quick ride to the port. Just a couple of minutes.

Edited by ehfl

progress.gif

Hi,

we will be on the same ship about a month from now, so I have been reading many posts about the ship and the port.

Is the 'max 25" per day or for the parking total for 10 days ?. If per total - that is great ....... if per day......

I would do a little different arrangements for the parking.

You are flying out of Tampa to FLL. The Vision is changing the home port on your cruise and goes Fll to Tampa.

I would park close to Port of Tampa ( some posters listed some parking lots that offer lower rate than the "25" and they will pick you up when you get back to Port of Tampa after the cruise.) You will save some parking money and will be a lot easier to get to your car after the cruise.

Take the taxi from the parking lot to TPA to catch your flight to Fll.

In Fll take taxi to PE .... about 15 dol.

Edited by wieslaw

FYI... Uber is quoting $10 - $14 from FLL to Port Everglades. I've always gotten the low end of the rate. Also, they don't charge for extra passengers.

For those that need a ride at the other end, Uber is $18 - $25 from the port in Tampa to the Airport.

Just FYI - I read on Florida departures board that Uber cars were having trouble getting thru security at Port. :(

Good point. Security at Port Everglades is tighter than at other ports, and they usually ask for some type of proof that you are picking up or dropping off. If using Uber, consider texting or e-mailing the driver some official looking confirmation of the cruise.

Hi,

we will be on the same ship about a month from now, so I have been reading many posts about the ship and the port.

Is the 'max 25" per day or for the parking total for 10 days ?. If per total - that is great ....... if per day......

I would do a little different arrangements for the parking.

You are flying out of Tampa to FLL. The Vision is changing the home port on your cruise and goes Fll to Tampa.

I would park close to Port of Tampa ( some posters listed some parking lots that offer lower rate than the "25" and they will pick you up when you get back to Port of Tampa after the cruise.) You will save some parking money and will be a lot easier to get to your car after the cruise.

Take the taxi from the parking lot to TPA to catch your flight to Fll.

In Fll take taxi to PE .... about 15 dol.

When I say we are parking at the airport I should point out it is at A1 express which is right at the entrance to Tampa International airport. They have a shuttle to the airport and then we are taking a taxi cab from the Port of Tampa to A1 express.

A1 express for our 10 day stay is 81.00$ total and it is a beautiful facility.

The taxi from the Port of Tampa to A1 express or Tampa international airport is a max flat rate of 25$

Thanks to all for your info it is greatly appreciated.

progress.gif

The roll call was never very active. There was a big FB group that only checked into the rol call every now and then.

We have been booked on this cruise since 3 days after it opened. :D

We parked our car at the port of Tampa and we are taking a one-way car rental.

The parking at the Port of Tampa parking garage is a flat rate of $15 per day.

A1 express for our 10 day stay is 81.00$ total and it is a beautiful facility.

That seems to be a good rate, you would pay about the same by the port. ( http://www.theparkingdoctors.com/tampa-cruise-parking-pricing.html )

Have a nice fun filled cruise and please let us know how was your cruise.

Edited by wieslaw

Good point. Security at Port Everglades is tighter than at other ports, and they usually ask for some type of proof that you are picking up or dropping off. If using Uber, consider texting or e-mailing the driver some official looking confirmation of the cruise.

Good idea. Thanks

Why would you fly from Tampa to FFL?

Isn't it like a 2 hour drive?

When you include arriving early, waiting, boarding, flying, deboarding, etc.

You could have already been there....

Apparently it is a repo cruise where the home port changes from FLL to Tampa. So if they drive frame Tampa to FLL they would then have to fly back to FLL after the cruise to pick up their car. Then drive back home to Tampa.

Apparently it is a repo cruise where the home port changes from FLL to Tampa. So if they drive frame Tampa to FLL they would then have to fly back to FLL after the cruise to pick up their car. Then drive back home to Tampa.

Now it all makes sense.......

Not for everyone.

But I guess it is Florida.

Where the majority drives 10+ below posted speed limit...

No need to insult. Legitimate question of 4-5 hour drive and pay for parking vs. if there is a cheaper flight.

Besides, Florida has an issue of too aggressive driving on major roads vs. too slow...

I will be on Allure for Thanksgiving and airfare from Tampa to FLL was pricey. Who you flying with and how much is it?

Hi,

I just opened email from Southwest with some "special prices" , and among many others they have TPA to FLL and FLL to TPA at 105 dol each way. It seems high to me for this short distance .... but I do not know what are the "regular pricing and not the special.

Edited by wieslaw

Hi,

I just opened email from Southwest with some "special prices" , and among many others they have TPA to FLL and FLL to TPA at 105 dol each way. It seems high to me for this short distance .... but I do not know what are the "regular pricing and not the special.

Seems high to me too, but might be the new norm. It's been a few years since we've been able to get $79 fares on any flight.