Guests visiting the ship

longton

My mother and sister are taking the Sojourn from Barcelona to Cape Town later this month. They are due to arrive in Cape Town in the morning of 20th December and disembark on 21st. Would I be allowed to have lunch or dinner on board with them on 20th? Of course, I would be happy to pay for that.

What is the policy on shipboard visitors?

My mother and sister are taking the Sojourn from Barcelona to Cape Town later this month. They are due to arrive in Cape Town in the morning of 20th December and disembark on 21st. Would I be allowed to have lunch or dinner on board with them on 20th? Of course, I would be happy to pay for that.

What is the policy on shipboard visitors?

You should be ok if your mother and sister give your passport details and anything else that Seabourn requires to guest services in Seabourn Square when they board.

I have done this and also been a guest on board a Seabourn ship for dinner this year.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I suggest they that shortly after boarding in Barcelona they ask the Hotel Manager if that would be possible. If he sees no problem with it he would clear it with the Captain and then secure the necessary information about you from your sister.Good luck!

On our Quest cruise last month, we had guests join us in Newport and in Charleston. The process I had to use was a little more complex. I contacted Seabourn Guest Services in Seattle and told them what I wanted to do. I had to fax copies of our guests' passports (and if you're faxing, be sure they're in black and white) to Seattle. (You could email the scanned documents, but I couldn't manage to do this.) After quite a wait (and intercession by the Captain, whom I had earlier alerted), I received an email the night before we left saying that fleet security had approved my request and that they had sent it on to the head of Guest Services on the Quest and to the Captain. After some help from the wonderful Lauren in Seabourn Square, everything was approved, and our guests really enjoyed their visits. The names of guests appear on a list for every port, so your mother and sister will want to check with Seabourn Square shortly before the port to make sure your name does appear. Hope this helps.

On our Quest cruise last month, we had guests join us in Newport and in Charleston. The process I had to use was a little more complex. I contacted Seabourn Guest Services in Seattle and told them what I wanted to do. I had to fax copies of our guests' passports (and if you're faxing, be sure they're in black and white) to Seattle. (You could email the scanned documents, but I couldn't manage to do this.) After quite a wait (and intercession by the Captain, whom I had earlier alerted), I received an email the night before we left saying that fleet security had approved my request and that they had sent it on to the head of Guest Services on the Quest and to the Captain. After some help from the wonderful Lauren in Seabourn Square, everything was approved, and our guests really enjoyed their visits. The names of guests appear on a list for every port, so your mother and sister will want to check with Seabourn Square shortly before the port to make sure your name does appear. Hope this helps.

We had guests aboard in Charleston on this same cruise and had similar problems in Seattle. There were multiple issues with fax receipt and/or clarity until our guests finally submitted them by regular mail. Then they sat around in the mail room for some time until DH finally reminded Seattle that we wanted to bring these friends aboard as potential new clients for Seabourn. This seemed to mobilize someone in Seattle to go searching for the passport copies and they were located in the mail room. This person was apologetic as could be, went looking and located them in the mail room and then walked the request through the process. We had approval within hours, all before we left on our cruise. It was a lovely evening and our guests are now deciding which Seabourn itinerary to book first.

Yes, quite a hassle to do through Seattle--- which is why I suggest doing it on board the ship. As long as your sister brings a copy of your passport with her on the trip you are not only more likely to get a "yes" rather than a "no" answer but they will take care of the approvals with the authorities.

Thanks for the advice and suggestions.

I emailed Seabourn in the UK and had an immediate reply. They asked for my passport copy which I scanned and emailed. I have just received another email telling me that my request and passport copy have been sent to Guest Relations in Seattle. Apparently they will contact the captain and fleet security before contacting me.

Excellent service from Seabourn. It's the first cruise on Seabourn for my mother and sister and they are counting the days, 12 to go!

• 2 weeks later...

My mother's request for me to go on board for lunch has been approved. The approval was made quickly and without fuss. It left us all with positive feelings.

My mother and sister have just boarded the Sojourn in Barcelona (GMT12.00) today, Wednesday 19 November. They're having lunch as I write!

My mother's request for me to go on board for lunch has been approved. The approval was made quickly and without fuss. It left us all with positive feelings.

My mother and sister have just boarded the Sojourn in Barcelona (GMT12.00) today, Wednesday 19 November. They're having lunch as I write!

Thanks for getting back,a successful conclusion.

Have a nice time.

I board the Sojourn when your family get off.

Edited by Mr Luxury