Cosol or Herod's Tours

tsxgray1

WE just got back from our tour with Cosol which was very entertaining and informative. It was a long day - like most of these islands they roads are hilly and windy but no one suffered any motion sickness. Cosol is evidently well-known and well-liked on this island and we had a good tour. I would be comfortable going with him. The day before we had gone with Lawrence of Antigua who had used a speaker to amplify his voice and I worried when I saw Cosol didn't use that system but he speaks loudly and clearly! Great tour!

WE just got back from our tour with Cosol which was very entertaining and informative. It was a long day - like most of these islands they roads are hilly and windy but no one suffered any motion sickness. Cosol is evidently well-known and well-liked on this island and we had a good tour. I would be comfortable going with him. The day before we had gone with Lawrence of Antigua who had used a speaker to amplify his voice and I worried when I saw Cosol didn't use that system but he speaks loudly and clearly! Great tour!

I appreciate the very current report - sounds like you had a great time! Any more pointers you can give us regarding the Cosol Tour? It does sound like a long day so I was a little concerned it was too long....? ~Joyce

I am looking at either Cosol Tours or Herod's tours for our St Lucia stop in January. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

We just did Herod's Island splendor tour on 11/7 and it was great. I did write about it on t.a. I will say this: If you want to avoid a long car ride or any car ride, do this tour. It was completely by boat. I do know that he did raise the price on this tour to $75 or $80 a person. You need to have at least 9-12 people confirmed. There is no deposit. He is very difficult to reach but keep trying at his gmail address on his website. He does have a land and sea tour. If you like snorkeling and not being at one place for 15 minutes then the next place for 15 minutes...etc... do this. Hope this helps. We have a seven port cruise and so far this was the best excursion

I appreciate the very current report - sounds like you had a great time! Any more pointers you can give us regarding the Cosol Tour? It does sound like a long day so I was a little concerned it was too long....? ~Joyce

We had actually booked this as a 4 hr tour but it did run more like 6 hrs which was longer than we had wanted. All parts were good and I don't know what we could have skipped to shorten the trip - maybe the walking tour of the private estate? It was a little long and we were tired by then. Of course, with 5 islands in 5 days, we definitely were just plain tired!!

If you do book him with a 4 hour tour, I would make it very clear to him that that is all you want. There was a little trouble with payment at the end of the tour. He had said $65 for 4 hrs but charged $75 for the 6 hrs. However, I gather this is good advice always to agree verbally before you start to drive!

Edited by chickadee1