Royal Princess - Piano Man in Crooners

jackieo

Hi there

We got off the Royal on Tuesday, and had a brilliant time.

We just wanted to let everyone know that Kory Simon is the Piano Man in Crooners. He advised me he would be there until next April. He had the bar rocking and the audiences singing along. Great shows. Enjoy.

We've never sailed Princess (Diamond on Royal and have also sailed HAL, Carnival and Norwegian) .... but we were just looking at a deal that came thru email for $399 pp for a 5 night mini suite, cats MC, ME and MF on the Royal Princess .... trying to work the 'timing' out since it's right after we get back from Thanksgiving travel, but seems like a very good deal .... just not sure on the MC, ME and MF .... all on Lido and Mariner decks ... any thoughts?

Thanx in advance from any Princess cruisers with responses! :)

just not sure on the MC, ME and MF .... all on Lido and Mariner decks ... any thoughts?

Thanx in advance from any Princess cruisers with responses! :)

The MC, ME and MF just indicate what Princess considers to be better or worse locations for the same type cabin. In the Princess way of thinking, higher is better and closer to the center of the deck is better. So to Princess, MC is a better location than ME and ME is a better location than MF.

The MC, ME and MF just indicate what Princess considers to be better or worse locations for the same type cabin. In the Princess way of thinking, higher is better and closer to the center of the deck is better. So to Princess, MC is a better location than ME and ME is a better location than MF.

The MC on the diagram looks to be pretty center as well as on a higher deck. So, thinking the location is good ... the pictures of the 'mini-suite' look good, so I'm thinking for $399 it's a good deal maybe we should try and take advantage of. Do people like the Royal Princess overall? I haven't really had time to check out all the reviews. Just looking for input here before it's gone, LOL!

Hi there

We just wanted to let everyone know that Kory Simon is the Piano Man in Crooners. He advised me he would be there until next April. He had the bar rocking and the audiences singing along. Great shows. Enjoy.

What time did he start playing? On previous patters for Royal or Regal the time is listed around 10pm.

What time did he start playing? On previous patters for Royal or Regal the time is listed around 10pm.

He did start a little later than other ships. Usually between 10 or 10.30 some nights, he did two sessions. The later one starting about 11.30pm for the night owls

The reason is that anything happening in the main piazza downstairs the sound drifts up to crooners, so only one event at a time happens in the main area now.

The MC on the diagram looks to be pretty center as well as on a higher deck. So, thinking the location is good ... the pictures of the 'mini-suite' look good, so I'm thinking for $399 it's a good deal maybe we should try and take advantage of. Do people like the Royal Princess overall? I haven't really had time to check out all the reviews. Just looking for input here before it's gone, LOL!

There are mixed reviews about the Royal. However we loved her.

Just be aware there are no central stairs in the middle of the ship only elevators for cruisers to use. This can cause issues at busy times. We simply reserved a cabin at the back stairs which worked well for us. Also there is no wraparound prom deck. However the larger deck areas at the front middle and back I think make up for this.

Enjoy

Re: Kory Simon..This is very good news!! My DW and I have the great pleasure of being "regulars" at his shows last year on the Royal. Many of the Crooners musicians we haven't cared for but we very much enjoyed Kory Simon!! We are going to be boarding the Royal in 18 days and look forward to Kory Simon being a part of the experience again.

As a note about multiple events in the Piazza, this was something we noticed on our cruise. Kory Simon had to wait to start his show until after a Beatlemaniacs show ended in the bottom part of the Piazza.

Re: Kory Simon..This is very good news!! My DW and I have the great pleasure of being "regulars" at his shows last year on the Royal. Many of the Crooners musicians we haven't cared for but we very much enjoyed Kory Simon!! We are going to be boarding the Royal in 18 days and look forward to Kory Simon being a part of the experience again.

As a note about multiple events in the Piazza, this was something we noticed on our cruise. Kory Simon had to wait to start his show until after a Beatlemaniacs show ended in the bottom part of the Piazza.

I really enjoyed Kory Simon too last year. And the Beatlemaniacs! So much fun in one evening.

Hi there

To each his own....Kory Simon is my least favorite Crooners entertainer. We were on with him last spring and I found him insulting to passengers (I.e. When one man got up to leave, Kory stopped singing to tell the man that he could only leave while he was playing if the man had an emergency. And he said "by emergency, I mean, are you having diarrhea?") He may think he is funny, and some passengers may think he is funny, but I did not. But as I said, to each his own. Thanks for letting me know he is on until April. I will be sure not to book any of those last minute specials on the Royal.

Hi,

We were on the Royal Princess last December. She is a beautiful ship. Yes, the Crooner's singer had to wait until the atrium entertainment was over before he could start. I don't remember our person was, so I guess he didn't make an impression. I would like to know where Barty Brown is now. We've lost him since the Fall of 2012. We first saw him in 1998, and then not again until the 2012 cruise. I was happy to see him, as I didn't know that he'd be there ahead of time.

Have a great cruise---once you know your way around, you'll be fine because the floor plan is pretty similar to the other ships. Club Fusion in the back and Princess Theater in the front. Everything is just more spacious-like the scale is larger.

I will have to check our Patters to see who was in Crooners our week. Now I'm curious.

Lynne

Hi,

We were on the Royal Princess last December. She is a beautiful ship. Yes, the Crooner's singer had to wait until the atrium entertainment was over before he could start. I don't remember our person was, so I guess he didn't make an impression. I would like to know where Barty Brown is now. We've lost him since the Fall of 2012. We first saw him in 1998, and then not again until the 2012 cruise. I was happy to see him, as I didn't know that he'd be there ahead of time.

Have a great cruise---once you know your way around, you'll be fine because the floor plan is pretty similar to the other ships. Club Fusion in the back and Princess Theater in the front. Everything is just more spacious-like the scale is larger.

I will have to check our Patters to see who was in Crooners our week. Now I'm curious.

Lynne

Barty Brown was on the Emerald Princess in March.

Hi there

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thanks for the update on Barty. That's probably the "home" ship for him. We had a good reunion and I had my picture taken with him. However, his business card did not have a valid web address so I couldn't find him again.

Lynne

• 2 months later...
Hi there

Great News, we were on the maiden voyage and Kory was excellent, look forward to hearing him again next month.