Early saver question

dogchopper

I've booked with early saver several times in the past but it's been a year or so since I did. I've booked a cruise for February thru early saver and when checking the rates I see there is no early saver rate. Only fun select, let the sunshine and super saver. Yesterday there was a different one too.. So, how do I get early saver price reductions . Which rates can I use?

Edited by dogchopper

ES is only available up until 5 months before the cruise, so that is why it is gone.

For price matching, you can do this with any rate/sale that is NOT a GTY cabin. There is a new form on the Carnival website that you have to submit for this.

I thought the lower rate match only applied to same date, same cabin type (I'm in a 4j on the dream spring break cruise) same everything. I know there are no 4j cabins left on this sailing. Is there something I'm missing? How would do I even check on lower prices if all like cabins are booked?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

I thought the lower rate match only applied to same date, same cabin type (I'm in a 4j on the dream spring break cruise) same everything. I know there are no 4j cabins left on this sailing. Is there something I'm missing? How would do I even check on lower prices if all like cabins are booked?

You're correct. It has to be on your sailing of course and there has to be cabins left in your category that you're pricing against. With the scarcity of 4J's and aft corner wraps, the price drops for those 2 categories can be tough to obtain.

But, you CAN price match versus a guarantee cabin situation as long as you are willing to give up your assigned cabin and place yourself in the guarantee pool. I know this from first hand experience because we just did it during the Halloween sale for our Freedom cruise in January.

You're correct. It has to be on your sailing of course and there has to be cabins left in your category that you're pricing against. With the scarcity of 4J's and aft corner wraps, the price drops for those 2 categories can be tough to obtain.

But, you CAN price match versus a guarantee cabin situation as long as you are willing to give up your assigned cabin and place yourself in the guarantee pool. I know this from first hand experience because we just did it during the Halloween sale for our Freedom cruise in January.

But that is not a price match. You forgo your ES status for the GTY cabin. Depends on the rate category (cabin type) for me to do this. Going from a 4J to a GTY interior is NOT a good decision IMO.

But that is not a price match. You forgo your ES status for the GTY cabin. Depends on the rate category (cabin type) for me to do this. Going from a 4J to a GTY interior is NOT a good decision IMO.
Would you consider it to be a good decision if you would save 250-300 dollars?

Would you consider it to be a good decision if you would save 250-300 dollars?

For me, I passed up a GTY on the Splendor last Sept for $350. So, no, I would much rather have the cabin where I wanted it then be placed in a location that was not desireable. And I had one last year that I chose in the aft that was subjected to cigarette smoke. So I will stay with my forward cabin on decks 7, 8, or 9. It may cost me a little more but if I couldn't afford it, I wouldn't be doing the cruise.

But your situation may be different and you have to evaluate it based on your own criteria.

I'm very pleased with my cabin location and category. I just wanted to see if I could save a little money. What does the guarantee thing do?

You select a cabin class (Interior, Oceanview, Balcony, Suite) and Carnival assigns you a cabin within that class. It can be anywhere on the ship. So, if you want to select your own cabin, you have to pay more. If not, the GTY is cheaper but you may wind up in a cabin beneath/above the galley, theatre, or nightclub.