Mountain Top

cpa cruiser

Has anybody been to Mountain Top? It looks like it's different from Paradise Point and the Tram ride. If so, which is better?

Mountain top is a location 2100 ft above sea level with beautiful views of many surrounding islands on a clear day. They claim to be the location where the banana daiquiri was created. This location was a former US military site for a communication station. Currently it is a place to find a drink, snacks, a clean restroom, a great view and a very LARGE gift ship. I have been there once for the experience of the view and a daiquiri but would not drawn back there for any reason. Laurie

We visited Mountain top September 29 and it was a spectacular view. I think it burned and was rebuilt. It is a very large modern gift shop with tons of nice stuff in there, clothing, liquor gift ideas, and hats were things we quickly looked at. We were there as part of a all over tour with Godfrey Tours.

Our tour I think was $35 and included one of the frozen banana daiquiris they sell there (looked like they were charging $10 for them) It was really good, maybe because it was REALLY hot, but with the breathtaking view and that drink we enjoyed the stop. Mountain top was rather touristy, but since I was a tourist it met my needs.

Then we also went to the Great House another view/cocktail and shopping and beach time. I personally appreciated the beauty of the Meagan's Bay a lot more having seen it from mountain top before going there later in the tour. The turquoise color is so intense. For the price I thought that covered a lot compared to the cost of just the tram ride.

The original MT did burn down and the newer version is more a large souvenir store and lacks the charm of the original in our opinion. There's a great view of Magens Bay there, but there's also a nice view from Drake's Seat.

Paradise Point overlooks Havensight and has a spectacular view of the harbors. They have an aerial tram you can take up or you can taxi/drive. Small cafe and bar, and the birdlady has her bird show there which is fun for kids of all ages.

We'd take an island ytour that takes in Drake's Seat and the scenic overlook on Skyline Dr and a beach then get dropped at PP. Stanley provides private tours at reasonable rates. If so inclined I've posted his contact info in other threads on that subject.