Free Cabin

50 ford

You don't get a free cabin just 1 berth (50% off cabin). It is the average of the cabins in the group. Say you have 3 balconies, 2 OV and 9 inside the average would give you 50% off of an inside room. Most go for the perks ie free wine, meals in sp rest, or cabin credit.

You receive 1 free berth for every 16 sold.. So for every 8 cabins sold you receive 1 free credit (valued at the cruise rate of the category most sold ion the group) Port charges, taxes etc are additional.

Depending on the number of GAP points offered on a sailing you can get use them to reduced the number of sold cabins to free berth requirement down to 1 for 14, 1 for 12 or 1 for 10 sold.

I have booked several groups and it is 1 for every 15 (full price) sold. The 16tth person will get their cruise rate "free". Most cruise lines don't send the money until the week of the cruise. Sometimes the group bookings have points, that will count toward a bottle of wine, cocktail party, shipboard credit.....

I had a group sailing on the Triumph out of Norfolk that had no points, bummer!

I booked 10 rooms in November 2001 on the Adventure to southern caribbean for my daughter's wedding party and their honeymoon. Received one free room for her. Of course Dads & Moms went along too.

I booked 10 rooms in November 2001 on the Adventure to southern caribbean for my daughter's wedding party and their honeymoon. Received one free room for her. Of course Dads & Moms went along too.

Nothing like honeymooning with your parents, inlaws and a slew of friends ;)

Archived