Documents

caddie1

When does RCI normally send docs as I have only booked with a travel agent in the past but this time went direct with RCI. 46 days to cruise.

Electronic documents are normally ready at 49 days before the cruise.

Things like Choice Air on the booking can delay the docs.

RCI will not send your documents unless you have paid for them. Go to your "my cruises" account on their website. On the right hand side of this reservation will be an area that notes cruise documents - "issued" or "not issued". If they have been issued, you click on that button and it takes you to an area that you can choose to view or print the documents. The print selection brings up a PDF document. You can save it on your computer and/or print the pages you want. You do not need the documents to board the ship. You need the set-sail pass, passport and credit card. Hope this helps. Barb

RCI will not send your documents unless you have paid for them. Go to your "my cruises" account on their website. On the right hand side of this reservation will be an area that notes cruise documents - "issued" or "not issued". If they have been issued, you click on that button and it takes you to an area that you can choose to view or print the documents. The print selection brings up a PDF document. You can save it on your computer and/or print the pages you want. You do not need the documents to board the ship. You need the set-sail pass, passport and credit card. Hope this helps. Barb

I have been there and it says not issued and yes I paid the balance well in advance so my docs are paid for. I have asked for them electronically but have still not had an email to confirm they are issued.

In order to get docs mailed to you you have to pay extra which is why most of us rely on edocs. On my roll calls the 1st folks hear at 49 days from the sail date. For some reason I usually hear about 35 days. You just go on there and can print the luggage tags (order them if in a suite). And you can see your edocs. You can decide what if anything you want to print off. If you've repurchased anything like excursions or beverage packages etc, I'd print proof. Otherwise, other than your Sea Pass, you don't need to print off anything.

I have been there and it says not issued and yes I paid the balance well in advance so my docs are paid for. I have asked for them electronically but have still not had an email to confirm they are issued.

Just keep checking.

Since they aren't mailed unless you pay *extra* (or are of a certain high status), electronic versions are what you'll get.

Have you completed your on line check-in? Once done you can print out docs.

Sign in to RCCL and go yo cruise planner.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes I have completed cruise planner. Will ring on Monday I think.

Thanks to all for help and info.

Yes I have completed cruise planner. Will ring on Monday I think.

Thanks to all for help and info.

Once completed you have the option to print your set sail pass (I think that's what it's called). Give RCCL Sunday.

When you sign in and click into your cruise planner, under the CRUISE DOCUMENTATION header does status show ISSUED? If so, click on that and it will take you to another page. Under GUEST VACATION DOCUMENTS, click CHECK STATUS and there you can print the docs. The only thing needed in all that from what I can see if the luggage tags.

You can avoid printing out all the other docs (it's just a generic pamphlet with your itinerary and then general info)....and just print your luggage tags and SET SAIL PASS which you need to board from your on line check in link.

**** I just noticed it does say the following at the top of the page: You have selected to receive your documents electronically, but they are not yet available. You will receive an e-mail when your documents are ready to download. but you can print below.

Again, all you need are the luggage tags and Set Sail pass from on line check in.....

Edited by brenderlou

Have you completed your on line check-in? Once done you can print out docs.

Sign in to RCCL and go yo cruise planner.

The 'on line check-in' is a different set of documents - mostly the set sail pass and is not connected to the "Guest vacation documents".

Few weeks ago I printed the 'guest vacation documents' for our friends who are going on a cruise with us while their "check-in" information was not done yet.

The "check-in" can be done on line up to 3 days before start of the cruise ...... or even during the actual 'check-in' at the terminal - if someone forgot to do it or whatever ...... that will slow down everybody.

They got their notification (email) from RCI that their documents were issued and ready to view/print.

If one purchased the Cruise Care insurance all the information what is covered will also be included in the "Guest vacation documents'.

I think boeweck meant they will not postal mail them to you unless you pay an extra charge for them. As others have said, 49 days out is probably the soonest but not the latest. Once, I also had to wait until 35 days out to print my docs.

we just completed our online checkin so will see when our guest vacation documents are ready..as of now, they are not and we sail in 21 days :)

I would contact whoever booked your cruise and inquire about the delay in your documents. Something might be amiss with your booking.

Email arrived this morning saying all docs ready to print including all flight and transfers and hotel. Thanks to everyone for their input into this topic.

The fact that you booked flights with the cruise line is usually one of the reasons that cruise docs are delayed longer than the typical 49 days before the cruise.