Latest views of Cape Liberty

mery

We saw the progress they are making on our last cruise which returned on Nov.1st and they seem to be making great progress. I am going to miss those wonderful buses. lol

I'll bet that they shave an hour or more off the disembarkation process without those busses.

It looks like a real cruise terminal now...vs. a military encampment. Wonder if there's any initiative to clean up the surrounding area? When we cruised from there for first time last month, my husband was convinced our cab driver was taking us somewhere to rob and kill us. The approach certainly doesn't say "welcome to your luxurious cruise vacation"....LOL

It looks like a real cruise terminal now...vs. a military encampment. Wonder if there's any initiative to clean up the surrounding area? When we cruised from there for first time last month, my husband was convinced our cab driver was taking us somewhere to rob and kill us. The approach certainly doesn't say "welcome to your luxurious cruise vacation"....LOL

I don't know how much could be cleaned up. The first third of the peninsula (closest to mainland) is becoming residential, the next third is a working cargo dock, then you have active warehouses, some of which are now movie sound stages, then the cruise port and finally the active dry dock. At least the new terminal looks nice and is purpose built for the task.

• 1 month later...
Does anyone have an update on the new parking facilities .For the first time ever we are planning to drive to the cruise port on our next sailing .

I was wondering the same thing. We will be coming down in our cars, and will have my elderly parents with us (mid-80s) and I'm hoping we can park and walk to the terminal?

Thanks!