Fancy Beaded Dress

geopa

Wife bought a nice Beaded dress for our first cruise years ago on the Nordic Empress. She has not used it in years and wants to know if they are still in fashion for the formal night.
( Carnival Legend -8 night NYC)

On our cruise two months ago, I saw very few women wearing a beaded dress. Again, I think there is a decline in the dining room over the years. I have often stated that not too long ago there was a percentage of 80 that wore a tux...today, that number is 30% wearing a tux. So sad.

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=FFA000&cdt=2005;04;02;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
OUR NEXT ONWARD JOURNEY!

Has she tried it on? I had a very sharp suit that I hadn't been able to fit into for several yrs. Due to a recent fitness kick, the lbs have dropped. I was thrilled--I could wear that suit again! It had NFL lineback shoulders. I wore it to church once just so I could say I wore it one more time then it went into the charity bin.

So even if it fits, she may want to reevaluate it.

I wear my floor length black beaded dress on formal nights. (one night per cruise) I love it! I feel so dreesed up, not something I can do at home. Tell her to wear it & feel elegant.
Have a great cruise!

Ecstasy '91
Ecstasy '93
Triumph '01
Conquest '03
Imagination '04
Mariner of the Seas '05

A couple of years ago stores were showing nothing but beaded dresses. They are showing fewer now. However, cruised the Victory 3/28/04 and quite a few women (myself included) wore beaded dresses of the formal nites. Personally, I have a skirt and 2 tops, one very and one slightly beaded. That is what I took. cut down on packing, especially shoes and bag.

Holly

M/S Boheme 11/69
Rhapsody 2/77?
Azure Sea 3/89
Panama Canal 11/90
Mexican Riviera 3/98
Carnival Triumph 12/99
Carnival Spirit 12/01
NCL Dream 11/17/02
Celebrity Mercury 6/1/03
carnival Victory 3/28/04

Beaded dresses are lovely and providing they do not have those massive shoulder pads, look wonderful on formal nights. However, with the new luggage weight restrictions I would think long and hard before taking one.

Archived