Eclipse to be diverted

WestLakeGirl

I was supposed to be on this cruise today but had to cancel last week due to a medical emergency. The only reason I booked it was Bermuda & NYC . Cried all week, but now realize as everybody was saying to me is things happen for a reason. I guess it was not meant for me to go there this year. Waiting for the new TA to open up next week for fall 2016 to book it again. I'm sure there are a lot of other very disappointed people

If you really want to go to Bermuda and NYC I would recommend a sailing out of NYC that goes to Bermuda in the summertime...... This is total off season for Bermuda and the weather in NYC is not much to write home about. Even a late May or early June sailing, which is not as pricey as a summer sailing makes more sense and most people really enjoy spending two overnights in Bermuda........

Bermuda in warm weather is the best!!!!!!

You were lucky, C Dragons! We were on Quantum of the Seas last week, and had at least (if not more than) our share of roller coaster rides. The heaving sea reminded me of the title sequence from the ABC series "Revenge" :) -- and we used up two (small) bottles of Dramamine. I use the royal "we" -- my husband was just fine!

Carolyn

Carolyn Spencer Brown

Editor in Chief

Cruise Critic

PS Oddly, we got an extra port on our trip due to a medical evac. We stopped at Punta Delgada, in the Azores. We didn't get to get off but it was a nice change in the view (plus the seas were really calm there).

The weather for our TA on Reflection this year was wonderful, no issues at all. Guess we were lucky. :)

I have friends on the Eclipse and have not heard anything? Does anyone have any updates?

I have seen the weather and it looks ugly.....I wonder if they will skip NY also.....While #1 is safety, #2 is getting to Florida for the next cruise......

Safe Sails to all!

Hi Cruiseerf,

I agree that safety always should be the prime concern. Hoping everyone onboard is having a great time. We're onboard Eclipse on the 23rd, and hoping Eclipse will arrive in Miami on schedule. I suspect she will - not worrying at all :)

Hi Cruiseerf,

I agree that safety always should be the prime concern. Hoping everyone onboard is having a great time. We're onboard Eclipse on the 23rd, and hoping Eclipse will arrive in Miami on schedule. I suspect she will - not worrying at all :)

Andy -- take good care of Eclipse for us! We'll be onboard for the Holiday Cruise. Looking forward to hearing your updates and review! Hope you and your mom have a great cruise! :cool:

Hi Cruiseerf,

Hi Andy,

I would not be going on Eclipse this year - going on Equinox instead, because of my family.

Will be thinking of all the gang, singing along with Perry....

Have a great time, say hello to your Mom and Happy Thanksgiving.

Isabella

• 3 weeks later...
Curious as to the reason, is it to alleviate the double US immigration clearance?

No but this certainly was the lemonade ...

Even before the fiasco of New York Immigration, those on board were saying "at least we only have to go through US Immigration once".