Could somone report back on the new Chocolate Deserts?

oskidunker

I haven't see any on the new ones yet on the Royal. They're are some of the older ones that should be replaced.;)

Thanks for the reply.

We sail Dec. 9th and Princess' info says "on all ships by Jan. 1, 2015" so maybe we have an outside chance.

I'm happy to read that they DO have the croissant/donuts. They didn't have them last winter and I really wanted to try them.

My husband was also looking forward to their new craft beers so hopefully that also may be added.

This is the press release about the Chocolate Journeys.

(happytovacation - you can click on "view chocolate desserts photo gallery" to see each dessert and a description of ingredients)

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/food_dining/chocolate-journeys/?utm_source=chocojourney&utm_medium=press%2Brelease&utm_campaign=Princess%2BSEO%2BPressReleases

Edited by chamima

Hopefully all of the chocolate deserts don't have nuts in it. My granddaughter is allergic to nuts and especially hazelnut?

Any answers will be appreciated.

The two chocolate desserts in the MDR were Raspberry Mousse with Chocolate and a Chocolate Tart with vanilla mousse. Neither had nuts. The Chocolate Tiramisu in Sabatinis also had no nuts. They were all fantastic!

Thanks for the reply.

We sail Dec. 9th and Princess' info says "on all ships by Jan. 1, 2015" so maybe we have an outside chance.

I'm happy to read that they DO have the croissant/donuts. They didn't have them last winter and I really wanted to try them.

My husband was also looking forward to their new craft beers so hopefully that also may be added.

The croissant/donuts they have (although deep fried) and also a few other new desserts that arn't on the other ships but not the new choclate ones. I didn't notice any new beers....wasn't looking.

Thanks for the reply.

Very good Cronuts on the Golden. Found it in the IC.ImageUploadedByForums1416843497.904788.jpg.a55bc19556eaf4ed74b0aa404b400a8d.jpg

Sent using the Cruis

Very good Cronuts on the Golden. Found it in the IC.[ATTACH]332191[/ATTACH]

Sent using the Cruis

[ATTACH]332149[/ATTACH]Had this on the Golden this past Friday. Only other Chocolate Journeys treat I saw were some chocolate chunk cookies. They were small in size but very, very good. Don't have a picture of the cookies though.

Attachment 332149

Sent using the Cruis

Is that where you had the chocolate hazelnut bar?

[quote name='chamima']Thanks.
The title doesn't sound like anything special so I might have missed it.
I won't now!!![/QUOTE]

I doubt you missed it. On both formal nights we had a Chocolate Journeys dessert. It was listed at the top of the dessert menu in bold type with a paragraph long description of the item, including identifying it as a Chocolate Journeys dessert. Almost impossible to miss unless you did not even look at the dessert menu.

Another vote for "look better than they taste". Several were served in the MDR, mostly on formal nights or special Chef dinner nights. They were good, but I'd much rather see Princess learn to make a decent brownie. The dry cake squares that they call brownies are a disgrace! Brownies should be fudgy, can be chewy or cakey, but never dry like those that were repeatedly served on our latest cruise (yes, I kept trying, hoping they'd improve!) My grandkids make better brownies - even the boxed brownie mixes are better! Edited by Kartgv

[quote name='Msail']The cake and brownies at times almost taste like they have been frozen. They have no love in them .:(
[/QUOTE]

The original press release doesn't mention fresh/frozen,
nor any content of love:

[url]http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/food_dining/chocolate-journeys/[/url]

Another think I thought was wierd on Ruby -- they had a big sign
board for the Crab Shack, announcing 'fresh crab'.

Seemed odd to me, as I certainly would have expected any crab
on a ship to have been frozen.

[quote name='Lovetocruiseprincess'][FONT=Comic Sans MS]They introduced the first new cholocate dessert in the dining room last night on the Royal- pistachio thingy ....not bad. [/FONT][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Magenta"]YAY!!![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Thank you :D

......Now to get back to that pre-cruise diet

:o :o :o