Glory: No popcorn until the movie has STARTED!

NoName

If they insist on waiting UNTIL the movie, maybe they could send a bartender out with some bags of popcorn.

When we cruised on the Crown Princess a deck attendant came and passed out Popcorn bags to us while we watched the big screen. In fact I believe we weren't even watching a movie, but the NCAA men's Final Four.

It was a really nice gesture because we were watching "our team" play and there was no way I was missing the game waiting for popcorn.

But I didn't have to. They had some sort or tray or something and carried around a bunch of bags and passed them out all over the deck to people.

Now why can't Carnival do that??

here, in the spirit of your problems with room service - this is what i was thinking of concerning some of my own experiences with room service, and how you have to kind of work with them :)

To get the full effect it should be read aloud. [You will understand what 'tenjewberrymuds' means by the end of the conversation.]

Room Service (RmSv): Morrin. Roon sirbees.

Guest: Sorry, I thought I dialed room-service.

RmSv: Rye...Roon sirbees...morrin! Jewish to oddor sunteen?

Guest: Uh..yes..I'd like some bacon and eggs.

RmSv: Ow July den?

Guest: What??

RmSv: Ow July den?...pryed, boyud, poochd?

Guest: Oh, the eggs! How do I like them? Sorry, scrambled please.

RmSv: Ow July dee baykem? Crease?Funny toast

Guest: Crisp will be fine.

RmSv: Hokay. An Sahn toes?

Guest: What?

RmSv: An toes. July Sahn toes?

Guest: I don't think so.

RmSv: No? Judo wan sahn toes??

Guest: I feel really bad about this, but I don't know what 'judo wan sahn toes' means.

RmSv: Toes! toes!... Why jew don juan toes? Ow bow Anglish moppin we bodder?

Guest: English muffin!! I've got it! You were saying 'Toast.' Fine. Yes, an English muffin will be fine.

RmSv: We bodder?

Guest: No...just put the bodder on the side.

RmSv: Wad?

Guest: I mean butter... just put it on the side.

RmSv: Copy?

Guest: Excuse me?

RmSv: Copy...tea...meel?

Guest: Yes. Coffee, please, and that's all.

RmSv: One Minnie. Scramah egg, crease baykem, Anglish moppin we bodder on sigh and copy...rye?

Guest: Whatever you say.

RmSv: Tenjewberrymuds.

Guest: You're very welcome.

:D I cried

We pay for the movie and popcorn when we pay our cruise fare, right? That is the point.

By that logic I guess you pay twice on Royal.

I did a quick search on the cruise ticket contract and could find any mention of popcorn. Not sure why people think they are entitled to popcorn in the first place.

If the choice is free popcorn on Carnival at their choice of serving time, or pay popcorn at my choice, I choose free or not at all.

By that logic I guess you pay twice on Royal.

I did a quick search on the cruise ticket contract and could find any mention of popcorn. Not sure why people think they are entitled to popcorn in the first place.

If the choice is free popcorn on Carnival at their choice of serving time, or pay popcorn at my choice, I choose free or not at all.

The OP said nothing about entitlement. They brought up why they can't get dang popcorn that's being served anyway a few minutes before the movie starts. And thought it odd that Carnival employees are policing it in such a fashion. Most people like to have their snacks with them before the movie starts, and it's pretty lame of Carnival to act all strict about it. There are a host of customer service courtesies that are not outlined in your cruise contract. GMAB.

The OP said nothing about entitlement. They brought up why they can't get dang popcorn that's being served anyway a few minutes before the movie starts. And thought it odd that Carnival employees are policing it in such a fashion. Most people like to have their snacks with them before the movie starts, and it's pretty lame of Carnival to act all strict about it. There are a host of customer service courtesies that are not outlined in your cruise contract. GMAB.

The first night they did get the popcorn before the movie. Makes me wonder what is missing from the story.

A bartender doesn't make policy, why are they receiving blame? If I actually cared about popcorn, at least make the effort to contact the bar manager, cruise director, somebody who might have an answer on if that really is the policy and if so, why? There would be a reason other than Carnival prefers people to fill up on more expensive food.

I find complaining about something that should have been addressed on the cruise to be a little lame.

On room service, again, I think there is missing information about the BLT. On wanting two sides with a sandwich, order the sandwich with one side and a side order of the other. People have done that. If they were to balk at that, fine, order two sandwiches with one side each. A non-problem solved.

The first night they did get the popcorn before the movie. Makes me wonder what is missing from the story.

A bartender doesn't make policy, why are they receiving blame? If I actually cared about popcorn, at least make the effort to contact the bar manager, cruise director, somebody who might have an answer on if that really is the policy and if so, why? There would be a reason other than Carnival prefers people to fill up on more expensive food.

I find complaining about something that should have been addressed on the cruise to be a little lame.

On room service, again, I think there is missing information about the BLT. On wanting two sides with a sandwich, order the sandwich with one side and a side order of the other. People have done that. If they were to balk at that, fine, order two sandwiches with one side each. A non-problem solved.

Why stop at the cruise director? This should be escalated to the brand ambassador. He will get to the bottom of this.

It was 3 bucks for a tiny bag on oasis. Then again JR cost $7.95....so go figure

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Ahhh yes, jimbo. According to Tapi, you and I are the only people who would rather sail a smaller Carnival ship than one of the huge monsters. LOL Paying for popcorn (and every other darn thing) was one of the reasons for me. Did you know that on Quantum they have Johnny Rockets as counter service and ala carte pricing? $2.50 for a hot dog. Yum.

Actually, we're both wrong, it happened 2 out of 3 times.

Whole thing makes me glad I hate popcorn.

Are we sure this isn't another Diamond/Platinum perk and FTTF benefit program in development. "Priority Popcorn"?

indeed we were! I wonder how much they could charge for FTTFP? (Faster to the free popcorn.)

No, it should be addressed ON the ship while ON the ship. The hotel director would be the court of last resort. If you want popcorn on the cruise.

I believe you're forgetting about the Food and Beverage Director.

Personally, I'd reach out to whoever the Frank Weber of Carnival is, if this concerned me. As I don't sail with Carnival, I don't really care.

You should reach out to the brand ambassador for us, get to the bottom of this and let us know, andy.capitan.

Edited by Disconnections

Personally, I'd reach out to whoever the Frank Weber of Carnival is, if this concerned me. As I don't sail with Carnival, I don't really care.

You should reach out to the brand ambassador for us, get to the bottom of this and let us know, andy.capitan.

Food and Beverage Manager? On some ships the post has been divided. Best to deal with problems (seriously, popcorn a problem?) ON the ship.

Please post (NOT) more emails so spammers can harass them.

The BLT story I dunno. Maybe they don't make that item during the morning hours. Don't see why there would be an issue with chips AND potato salad. I said as much in my first response in this thread. But I think the popcorn thing is valid and a tad petty for Carnival. We didn't have a problem getting popcorn on the Freedom before the movie started. And one night we walked through and didn't even watch the movie!:eek: No the bartender doesn't make policy, but I don't know that what happened to the OP WAS policy; especially since it worked one way one night, then different the other nights. And I've never encountered that issue. Yeah it could have been addressed at guest services. The OP did question it. But I saw the post more as feedback of some sour notes more so than advice on how to escalate an issue that's already over.

Edited by cruizinisthebest

The BLT story I dunno. Maybe they don't make that item during the morning hours. Don't see why there would be an issue with chips AND potato salad. I said as much in my first response in this thread. But I think the popcorn thing is valid and a tad petty for Carnival. We didn't have a problem getting popcorn on the Freedom before the movie started. And one night we walked through and didn't even watch the movie!:eek: No the bartender doesn't make policy, but I don't know that what happened to the OP WAS policy; especially since it worked one way one night, then different the other nights. And I've never encountered that issue. Yeah it could have been addressed at guest services. The OP did question it. But I saw the post more as feedback of some sour notes more so than advice on how to escalate an issue that's already over.

I think the BLT thing has more to do with there were so many pre-orders they were still dealing with on the door hanger cards ahead of custom orders.

Edited by andy.capitan

Ahhh yes, jimbo. According to Tapi, you and I are the only people who would rather sail a smaller Carnival ship than one of the huge monsters. LOL Paying for popcorn (and every other darn thing) was one of the reasons for me. Did you know that on Quantum they have Johnny Rockets as counter service and ala carte pricing? $2.50 for a hot dog. Yum.

indeed we were! I wonder how much they could charge for FTTFP? (Faster to the free popcorn.)

Tapi has said that we are a "special" few but I think we number much more than that;). I did see that about Quantum which totally dispel's those chosen "few" who post here who used to berate me saying it was a "sit down meal" and that is what you were paying for....

I also saw that the ejector pod was $49 for a two minute ride, which actually makes even Disney prices pale in comparison. Not only that but you have the opportunity to "buy" a dry aged steak in chops for only an additional $18 on top of the $35 you pay to sit down in the restaurant for a whopping total of $53.... where will it all end?:eek: Now that really is WOW.

I think he is correct that the Hotel manager is the "last" resort for complaints (although not needed for this example;)).