Glory: No popcorn until the movie has STARTED!

NoName

The captain is the master of the vessel.

LOL, as usual you are correct.;) That being said the buck for complaints stop (in 99.999% of problems raised by cruisers with the Hotel Director which along with the chief engineer are the two direct reports for the Captain.

Maybe I should complain to the captain on my next Princess cruise about the popcorn. I'll report back. I think I'll bring my own butter spray, too. Maybe that will fix it. Who knows? At least I won't have to wait in a line to get some and they'll bring a basket around handing it out. :eek:

Maybe I should complain to the captain on my next Princess cruise about the popcorn. I'll report back. I think I'll bring my own butter spray, too. Maybe that will fix it. Who knows? At least I won't have to wait in a line to get some and they'll bring a basket around handing it out. :eek:

Bowl is way we always did it as a kid. Good thing your next cruise is not on royal or it would've 3 bucks for a tiny bag, regardless of when you would get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Bowl is way we always did it as a kid. Good thing your next cruise is not on royal or it would've 3 bucks for a tiny bag, regardless of when you would get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If the popcorn was similar to what I could get at an iPic or even Regal, I'd gladly pay $3 for it.

Sorry I am late in getting back to this thread. Going back to work is always tough following a vacation. Just wanted to address the discussion of complaining on the ship about the popcorn......I did not feel the need to do so....it is POPCORN after all. It is not my job to train Carnival employees, nor do I want to waste any of my vacation to "complain". There are plenty of things I would complain about, but popcorn isn't one.

To address the question of the food in the dining room. It was my 2nd experience with the American table. It worked on the Liberty...it did not work on the Glory. The food was not good and the service was borderline horrible. Again...for the price I paid, this was acceptable. It wasn't like I was in a hurry to get anywhere....It wasn't like I went hungry. We only went to brunch one day and we walked out before the food was all delivered as we were thinking we had been forgotten. Again, didn't really care.....just went to the deli and got a little something....

These things are just not very important to me. I got out of this vacation exactly what I wanted....warm weather, time with my sister and I worked my kindle almost non-stop! This cruise was a bargain...we paid about $440 each for a balcony cabin (including port charges and taxes).

I am actually planning another trip on the Glory in April. I am picking Carnival because of the price (we are taking our family of 6, so cost is a major factor-our airfare is costing about the same as the cruise!) (and because I turn platinum on my upcoming Feb cruise) and the Glory for the itinerary.

Thanks!

Kim

here, in the spirit of your problems with room service - this is what i was thinking of concerning some of my own experiences with room service, and how you have to kind of work with them :)

To get the full effect it should be read aloud. [You will understand what 'tenjewberrymuds' means by the end of the conversation.]

Room Service (RmSv): Morrin. Roon sirbees.

Guest: Sorry, I thought I dialed room-service.

RmSv: Rye...Roon sirbees...morrin! Jewish to oddor sunteen?

Guest: Uh..yes..I'd like some bacon and eggs.

RmSv: Ow July den?

Guest: What??

RmSv: Ow July den?...pryed, boyud, poochd?

Guest: Oh, the eggs! How do I like them? Sorry, scrambled please.

RmSv: Ow July dee baykem? Crease?Funny toast

Guest: Crisp will be fine.

RmSv: Hokay. An Sahn toes?

Guest: What?

RmSv: An toes. July Sahn toes?

Guest: I don't think so.

RmSv: No? Judo wan sahn toes??

Guest: I feel really bad about this, but I don't know what 'judo wan sahn toes' means.

RmSv: Toes! toes!... Why jew don juan toes? Ow bow Anglish moppin we bodder?

Guest: English muffin!! I've got it! You were saying 'Toast.' Fine. Yes, an English muffin will be fine.

RmSv: We bodder?

Guest: No...just put the bodder on the side.

RmSv: Wad?

Guest: I mean butter... just put it on the side.

RmSv: Copy?

Guest: Excuse me?

RmSv: Copy...tea...meel?

Guest: Yes. Coffee, please, and that's all.

RmSv: One Minnie. Scramah egg, crease baykem, Anglish moppin we bodder on sigh and copy...rye?

Guest: Whatever you say.

RmSv: Tenjewberrymuds.

Guest: You're very welcome.

Freaking Hilarious!!! lol:D

I was on this same cruise and experienced some of the same problems. I never tried to get popcorn at the movies so I don't know about that but it was really annoying when Dr E made a super long announcement right at the beginning of The Other Women. He knew a movie was starting then so he should have done the announcement before the movie started. It was no big deal but just kind of annoying.

When we had booked the cruise, both anytime dining and early dining was full so we got stuck with late dining. As soon as we boarded, we went to the Matre D' and asked for anytime dining. He told us that he would put us on the wait list. We went to the late dining the first night and it was horrible. There were three of us and we were sat at a table for ten. There was one other couple sitting with us (half the seats at the table were empty) and they didn't speak English. They tried to talk to us but it was very awkward. The waiter (Jackie Chan - that's his nickname, don't remember his real name) was slow at everything and seemed to forget about us often. The bread was cold and stale. No one filled our water glasses so we had to do it ourselves. We spent 2 hours waiting on our food that night and the food itself was not good.

The 2nd day, we found out that we had been relocated to early dining. It was like night and day. For the rest of the cruise, we had a private booth in a quiet area of the dining room. We got warm, fresh bread served as soon as we sat down and our water glasses were always filled. Our new waiter, Nolly, was quick, efficient and friendly. We never took more than 45 minutes to eat and the food was excellent. If we hadn't been moved to early dining, we probably would have eaten in the Lido every night. That first night was horrible. No one should have to wait 2 hours to get their food.

Another problem we experienced was that we never got any beach towels. We asked the steward to bring us some but the towels never showed up. We asked one employee where we could get some and he told us the towel hut by the midship pool. Whenever we went there, it was closed. Then we went to guest services and they told us that they would have some towels delivered to our room. Never showed up. We ended up taking our bathroom towels to the beach with us. Finally, the last sea day, three towels magically appeared in our room. We never used them because the cruise was pretty much over by then.

Overall, we had a blast and thought it was a great cruise. The problems weren't a big deal and we would cruise on the Glory again. :)

i agree with your sentiment that 'it's no big deal'... They have to set some point for when to serve it... Maybe it should be 5 or 10 minutes before, but when exactly would serving free popcorn be suitable to everybody? It is free popcorn regardless. Maybe they want to control for kids coming around 30 minutes before if that's when they served it, and making a mess - i don't know, but don't look gift popcorn in the bag lol.

For room service, you kind of have to work with them. They have certain 'points' too that they hit. They're not used to putting 2 things on one plate. I believe you can order a plate of chips etc. Additionally. If they say no, can't do that, then order another sandwich - with chips on the side, without the sandwich. Then perhaps they'll get the idea.

The blt thing too is probably a ymmv thing. Some have got it by writing it on the continental card, others call in... It seems like you may have had a 'by-the-book' type of room service person taking the orders. It reminds me of a hilarious dialogue regarding room service orders i read some time ago. You need to kind of work that interaction to get what you want sometimes.

Anytime dining varies too imo - mostly based on the wait staff. If you find one you like ask for them to mitigate the 'damages' to your mdr experience.

But in the end, i cannot imagine being so miffed by popcorn... And i'm sure there'll be plenty of 'going to get the popcorn' comments to this thread...

tendjewberrymud:d