Onboard expense account

Question:

We are leaving on the Jewel on 12-06-2014. As of now I have it set up for us to have a cash expense account. What does that mean when we get to the pier to board? Will they make me put a cash deposit down or put a credit card on file?

I used cash account in April you don't have to do anything but once you charge certain amount they will call you down to pay money on it we never needed to put anything on it since we checked on it and paid towards end of cruisr

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I got told cash acc min $500 USD for them to put on your account, anything you don't use by end of cruise will be refunded

Royal will allow you to charge $500 before they ask you to pay down the account. No cash is needed up front. Any charges must be paid off on the last evening.

Royal will allow you to charge $500 before they ask you to pay down the account. No cash is needed up front. Any charges must be paid off on the last evening.

Oh so i dont actually have to put the 500 on it first?

Oh so i dont actually have to put the 500 on it first?

That's the way it works on the cruises we have been on. Note that we've never cruised out of Australia, so I suppose it's possible they could have different policies down under.

Edited by clarea

That's the way it works on the cruises we have been on. Note that we've never cruised out of Australia, so I suppose it's possible they could have different policies down under.

We'll be cruising out of Singapore :)

That's right...you'll check in, no money down, and if you start spending a bunch on the ship, they will ask you to put money toward those expenses, once you've hit $500 in spending.

Ahhh that sounds better to me haha.

Only thing we'll be buying on ship is prob random drinks here and there. The drink packages I don't find worth it for us. Excursions we'll be paying before boarding.

I would recommend giving them a CC number when checking in...

Then, on the last day, you can pay off the current balance when it's not too crowded at Guest Services. The last purchase that night will then go on the card, with no need to go to the counter the last morning!

Aloha,

John

I would recommend giving them a CC number when checking in...

Then, on the last day, you can pay off the current balance when it's not too crowded at Guest Services. The last purchase that night will then go on the card, with no need to go to the counter the last morning!

Aloha,

John

Do they allow register with a cc then pay by cash?

Go to Guest Relations and either Put up a CC then using your cash on hand, you can pay it off during the cruise up to final evening. They allow up to $500 then it will need to be paid. Guest Relations can get very crowded the final day of the cruise, so you might want to go earlier. If you already have a Cc on file thru Online checkin, you can change to another CC at guest relations. We did that once. I think some people have a CC on file then use their cash to pay it off.

Edited by Desert Cruizers

Go to Guest Relations and either Put up a CC then using your cash on hand, you can pay it off during the cruise up to final evening. They allow up to $500 then it will need to be paid. Guest Relations can get very crowded the final day of the cruise, so you might want to go earlier. If you already have a Cc on file thru Online checkin, you can change to another CC at guest relations. We did that once. I think some people have a CC on file then use their cash to pay it off.

Thanks heaps for clarifying that :) this is all new to me