Gem Renovations

pixiedustdawn

Unrelated to Carlos but any word on Dan Dan returning from his vacation yet? Or a date he is returning? I will be sailing my 7th time on the Gem and Dan Dan has spoiled me the last 4 times aboard. He is truly the best CD. I have asked a few souces onboard but they don't know. I think he's been off for about 2 months. Any info is greatly appreciated

Unrelated to Carlos but any word on Dan Dan returning from his vacation yet? Or a date he is returning? I will be sailing my 7th time on the Gem and Dan Dan has spoiled me the last 4 times aboard. He is truly the best CD. I have asked a few souces onboard but they don't know. I think he's been off for about 2 months. Any info is greatly appreciated

Sorry we also love DanDan,but after he returns

from his vacation he is going to be the CD on

the Breakaway, he will be missed on the Gem

Marion

Thanks for that Marion. Is it official because that's been rumored for the last 8 months and he told me he wasn't sure he wanted to. I think they are doing anything they can to get the breakaway to the level the gem is at in regards to service and entertainment. Breakaway has yet to have an outstanding CD. So each experience on that ship has been ok not fantastic like the Gem. I had reached out to him via email and text but assume he is enjoying his vacation. So I left all alone for now. Heard his temporary replacement is boring. Breakaway needs a great CD to take over as New Yorks ship but until

Then gem will prevail. Lol

Thanks for that Marion. Is it official because that's been rumored for the last 8 months and he told me he wasn't sure he wanted to. I think they are doing anything they can to get the breakaway to the level the gem is at in regards to service and entertainment. Breakaway has yet to have an outstanding CD. So each experience on that ship has been ok not fantastic like the Gem. I had reached out to him via email and text but assume he is enjoying his vacation. So I left all alone for now. Heard his temporary replacement is boring. Breakaway needs a great CD to take over as New Yorks ship but until

Then gem will prevail. Lol

Yes it is official, I'm just not sure when his

vacation is over and when he starts on the

Breakaway. We have never cruised on the

Breakaway but will in Oct the we have something

to compare the Gem to, but we love the Gem

and pretty sure we always will!

Marion

Marion you were on same may 30th sailing as I last year. Just realized. Do you know how I can add my cruise history to pop up on my threads like everyone else ??

We had a great time on that cruise, even

with all of the rain 😀I'm not sure how to add

the cruise history, I just always did the count

down clock and that's how it showed up on

mine. You have to do that in your CP panel

You find that tap on the very top on the left

Wished I could be of more help with this

Marion

No problem I'll figure it out. And yes this will be 7th time on Gem and breakaway I did 3x. Breakaway is stunning. But nothing compares to the Gem experience. Service. Friendliness. You name it. First time on breakaway was disappointing but it was only 2 weeks old. Each time after got better and better. And I'm sure Dan Dan will certainly take that to the next level. Just hope he is not overshadowed by the activities on that ship. Like I said earlier I have yet to see a fantastic CD on breakaway yet. Now that Dan Dan will be on there I'm certain to book breakaway again. Possibly on this next cruise :):)

No problem I'll figure it out. And yes this will be 7th time on Gem and breakaway I did 3x. Breakaway is stunning. But nothing compares to the Gem experience. Service. Friendliness. You name it. First time on breakaway was disappointing but it was only 2 weeks old. Each time after got better and better. And I'm sure Dan Dan will certainly take that to the next level. Just hope he is not overshadowed by the activities on that ship. Like I said earlier I have yet to see a fantastic CD on breakaway yet. Now that Dan Dan will be on there I'm certain to book breakaway again. Possibly on this next cruise :):)

We are on the Gem in May again and

looking forward to it, enjoy your next cruise.

Marion

Marion you were on same may 30th sailing as I last year. Just realized. Do you know how I can add my cruise history to pop up on my threads like everyone else ??

When you are logged on, in the upper left corner of the main forum page, click on "User CP" [control panel]. The next screen will have a menu on the left side of the page. Select "Edit Signature" under Settings & Options, then a box will open for you on the next screen where you can add whatever you want to show as your signature, including your cruise history. (And note that you can select your fonts and colors, etc.) And there's a preview screen where you can check it out before you hit the "save signature" button; once you hit that, whatever you created for your signature will show on every post you put up, unless . . . .

BIG TIP: when you do post on a thread, you have the option NOT to include your signature (e.g., your full cruise history) on that post, simply by scrolling down below the dialog box in which you type you post and under Additional Options/Misc Options, de-selecting "show your signature." I did not know about this option for a long time and was grateful to find out about it, as there's really no reason to take up space in most posts with long cruising histories. I wish more people would avail themselves of this option and turn off their signatures unless it's really relevant, especially those whose sigatures have graphics and other things that take up half a page. (And yes, I know I can block all of that, but sometimes it is relevant to see info from other posters.)

Hope this was helpful.

Edited by Turtles06

When you are logged on, in the upper left corner of the main forum page, click on "User CP" [control panel]. The next screen will have a menu on the left side of the page. Select "Edit Signature" under Settings & Options, then a box will open for you on the next screen where you can add whatever you want to show as your signature, including your cruise history. (And note that you can select your fonts and colors, etc.) And there's a preview screen where you can check it out before you hit the "save signature" button; once you hit that, whatever you created for your signature will show on every post you put up, unless . . . .

BIG TIP: when you do post on a thread, you have the option NOT to include your signature (e.g., your full cruise history) on that post, simply by scrolling down below the dialog box in which you type you post and under Additional Options/Misc Options, de-selecting "show your signature." I did not know about this option for a long time and was grateful to find out about it, as there's really no reason to take up space in most posts with long cruising histories. I wish more people would avail themselves of this option and turn off their signatures unless it's really relevant, especially those whose sigatures have graphics and other things that take up half a page. (And yes, I know I can block all of that, but sometimes it is relevant to see info from other posters.)

Hope this was helpful.

Thank you , I figured somebody would know

and Thank you for the tip

Marion

Thank you for that information Marion.

On my upcoming cruise in less than two weeks, we are using Le Bistro for the M & G. :)

Don

Ok so far the last 3 times our was held in the Bliss

I guess maybe it depends on what is going on and how

many cruisers are in a Meet and Greet. Enjoy your upcoming

cruise

Marion

Ok so far the last 3 times our was held in the Bliss

I guess maybe it depends on what is going on and how

many cruisers are in a Meet and Greet. Enjoy your upcoming

cruise

Marion

Marion,

Our group was somewhat disappointed it was not in the Bliss.

I guess it has to to with the group size or what they have scheduled.

My last Panama Canal cruise on the STAR, we had it in Le Bistro.

Don

They do things during the day in there but mostly a dance club at night....like a disco

Kevin...

The last time I was on the GEM, it was the Disco.

They used the Spinnaker for the evening activities.

I hope they still have the White Hot Party and it is in the Bliss. :)

Don