Transportation to Airport after PWS Tour

Travel_Maven

We are planning a 9 person family cruise that docks in Whittier early on July 1. Ages of family members range from mid-seventies to early teens. We would like to do the Major Marine Surprise Glacier Tour on the 1st and end the day at the Hilton Garden Inn. We fly out of Anchorage late on July 2nd and are hoping to secure a couple of rental cars for July 2 to do some light sight-seeing on the 2nd. Major Marine's bus drop off doesn't go to the airport or the Hilton Garden inn. The Bus drops off at the Egan Center, Comfort Inn and Embassy Suites. Our question: What is the best way to get to the Airport to pick-up Rental Car or to at least get to the hotel on the evening of July 1st?? We are trying to keep it simple for the grandparents. Thanks!!

Do you have a car reservation yet?

Sometimes there isn't a fee for picking up a car downtown but dropping it at the airport .... check and see. If that's the case, get dropped off at Egan Center and walk or catch a cab to the car rental office. Or price Enterprise since they will pick you up.

Is Major Marine charging $50 for transportation? Instead of using Major Marines transportation, price these options:

1. Magic Bus has a small and large vans. Get a quote for their 12 passenger van from Whittier to your hotel. It will probably be less than $450 but even at the same price, the convenience factor of private door to door service might be worthwhile.

2. rent cars in Whittier for the drive to Anchorage, OR for both days. AVIS is the only vendor in Whittier. One-way rentals are pricey but weigh the price of 9 bus fares vs 2 rental cars.

Do you have a car reservation yet?

Sometimes there isn't a fee for picking up a car downtown but dropping it at the airport .... check and see. If that's the case, get dropped off at Egan Center and walk or catch a cab to the car rental office. Or price Enterprise since they will pick you up.

Is Major Marine charging $50 for transportation? Instead of using Major Marines transportation, price these options:

1. Magic Bus has a small and large vans. Get a quote for their 12 passenger van from Whittier to your hotel. It will probably be less than $450 but even at the same price, the convenience factor of private door to door service might be worthwhile.

2. rent cars in Whittier for the drive to Anchorage, OR for both days. AVIS is the only vendor in Whittier. One-way rentals are pricey but weigh the price of 9 bus fares vs 2 rental cars.

Good suggestions! We don't have car reservations yet but if Enterprise will pick us up then that's a good option. I did see online that the Hilton Garden Inn can pick up at the train station but I'm not sure the rest of the family wants to do the train. My husband and I used Magic Bus 5 years ago from Anchorage to Whittier and that did work well. I need to email them to see if they can help us. As far as a car from Whittier goes, We would need 2 cars and from what the grandparents have said, I don't think they want to drive that road at the end of the day. Thanks for the suggestions! I'm going to check with Magic Bus right now!