Upsell offer

Daydaes

Got another email offer of going from our OV to a Suite (cat A-VQ) for $399 pp. I would love to grab this but my husband said he doesn't want to spend another $700 for a cabin. I still think it's a good deal but I will be happy with my aft OV. I'm not sure if HAL is doing these offers because the suites aren't selling at the $3499 pp and they need them occupied. My OV cabin would probably sell much quicker so to offer it to us, they would rather make some money than have an empty suite. Perhaps I'll get an even sweeter deal later this week. We sail this coming Saturday!!!

My advice - take it asap - it's a good deal for 17 days, and with that itinerary you should have some good warm days to enjoy the balcony. The only cool days will be the first few and the last few, sea days, near the CA coast.

Got another email offer of going from our OV to a Suite (cat A-VQ) for $399 pp. I would love to grab this but my husband said he doesn't want to spend another $700 for a cabin. I still think it's a good deal but I will be happy with my aft OV. I'm not sure if HAL is doing these offers because the suites aren't selling at the $3499 pp and they need them occupied. My OV cabin would probably sell much quicker so to offer it to us, they would rather make some money than have an empty suite. Perhaps I'll get an even sweeter deal later this week. We sail this coming Saturday!!!

Exactly which category are they offering you? Your post says A-VQ and these are NOT the Neptune suites that come with all the perks.

Need to be sure you know what you are getting.

DaveOKC

Edited by DaveOKC

The email offer stated a Vista Suite category A-VQ for $399 pp. So I am thinking it could be any one of those categories. Doesn't state specifically a category. I like knowing where my cabin is, and right now it's all the way aft and that's ok with us.

The email offer stated a Vista Suite category A-VQ for $399 pp. So I am thinking it could be any one of those categories. Doesn't state specifically a category. I like knowing where my cabin is, and right now it's all the way aft and that's ok with us.

Though not a Neptune Suite, the Category A-VQ is a suite with less room then a Neptune Suite but certainly nicer then your present cabin.

For the length of your cruise I think it is not a bad deal, I would probably take it.

Two weeks ago, we took the Vista "suite" (it is a balcony room with a sofa/sitting area, no suite privileges other than a one-touch phone concierge that only does what the front desk can do, and less smoothly according to reports) upsell from a low down OV, for $499pp, for a 14-day cruise around Cape Horn. Now to be sure that is a VERY scenic itinerary with several days cruising the fjords and channels unlike Hawaii RT which is A LOT of water. OTOH, the weather we'll encounter will not be suitable for laying out on the balcony, more like bundling up for the balcony!

We were also able to choose our cabin rather than any kind of "guarantee" -- I don't know if that is always part of the offer. It made the deal for us, as I did not want to be in the very front of the ship (DH prone to seasick).

Now, we got another upsell offer today (yes, HAL calls them upgrades). It was for a Neptune suite at $649pp. The only ones currently available are on the starboard (i.e. ocean) side of the ship although they are very centrally located between the midship elevator and the Neptune Lounge. That's #2 reason (after the money) that we won't be taking the offer. Reason #3 is -- I know this is sacrilege! -- I really don't want to feel like I own the boat OR am in a penthouse somewhere! I *like* feeling like I'm on a ship! even including the narrow halls and small bathroom!

I'm kinda fond of balconies, when there is something to see from them, though! and even when the weather is such that one is not into laying out there (either too hot/muggy or too cold) -- the floor-to-ceiling "window" is great!

Oh well, I'm not even giving advice here, just presenting some of my reasoning FOR a Vista (but against ? a Neptune suite). Mostly because it's getting VERY SOON for me!

40cdb225e0fedaed039027232f0029c5.png

We got another offer for the same type cabin but a little less expensive. I'm not sure why these cabins aren't selling. Maybe they aren't in a good area? Being that they are Vista ones it can't be that bad. We are still happy where we are so we're letting this go. If we get another offer at an even lower price we might rethink this.