Ochios Rios with kids--HELP!

beth51279

Hi Everyone

We're going to be on the Epic Jan 4th and going to Ochios Rios...This is someplace I've never been and my husband hasn't been there since he was 14. Anyone have anything they can recommend? My kids will never do the Falls or Ziplining (they are 5 and 9).

Thanks so much for your help! :)

Beth

Having been to Ochos Rios many times on cruises, we have done 1. zip-lining (your kids might not reach the age/wt limit for this) 2. Dunn's River Falls - my kids were 4/7 the first time we went. We all had a great time - pulled them up when they couldn't do it themselves. Then the last time we went my kids were 20/23, and they pulled us up!!:p:D 3. Jamaica bobsled - we are doing this again in Dec. Lots of fun, and there is a nice pool up there also. The sky ride up to the top is fun - saw sloths in trees! 4. River tubing - lots of fun - but my kids were uncomfortable as the river water was really, really cold!

Screw all that lame noise. Go to Mystic Mountain (MM) and ride the bobsled.

:D

I agree. Live the Cool Runing story and ride the bob. Each sled is two seats one behind the other with a brake if it gets too fast - great ride. There is also a small garden with lots of humming birds that come really close to feed on the sugar water left for them. There is also have a small infinity pool so kids should take their swimwear.:cool:

We have 3 kids in our group who are 6 and 7, they are zip lining. The 3 and 4 year olds are doing the dolphin encounter. Are you on the New Years cruise or the one immediately after?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

We have 3 kids in our group who are 6 and 7, they are zip lining. The 3 and 4 year olds are doing the dolphin encounter. Are you on the New Years cruise or the one immediately after?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

We leave Jan 4th on the Epic

Hi Everyone

We're going to be on the Epic Jan 4th and going to Ochios Rios...This is someplace I've never been and my husband hasn't been there since he was 14. Anyone have anything they can recommend? My kids will never do the Falls or Ziplining (they are 5 and 9).

Thanks so much for your help! :)

Beth

Why won't they do the falls? I've seen plenty of young kids walk the falls. Plus, the way up is set up pretty much as a conga line.

Why won't they do the falls? I've seen plenty of young kids walk the falls. Plus, the way up is set up pretty much as a conga line.

My daughter will fight her way not to go...i dont want to pay for something and her not do it...just know her