Moving from connecting standards on deck 9 to "hump" cabins on deck 12 of Allure

So last night I was playing around on RCI's website and was able to find 3 adjacent (with two connecting) "hump" cabins- 12600, 12602, and 12604 and put a courtesy hold on them. We are currently booked for 9572,9574, and 9576. Since the BOGOHO sale ended I was able to have the middle cabin have a sleeper sofa, since we will need to sleep 3 (kids) in that room connected to ours. This will also get us closer to the kids club and sports deck- which our kids will love, but much further away from central park, boardwalk, promenade and pretty much everything else. Since we are cruising during a peak vacation time, I expect the ship to be packed. If I book these, how long can we expect to wait for the central elevators to get to the lower decks? As far as the hump decks, anyone else book a group of 2-3 in a row like this? We have one of the central through the back of the hump booked. If we get the dividers removed, how easy will it be to move back and forth between them and what will the views be like? Thanks!

So last night I was playing around on RCI's website and was able to find 3 adjacent (with two connecting) "hump" cabins- 12600, 12602, and 12604 and put a courtesy hold on them. We are currently booked for 9572,9574, and 9576. Since the BOGOHO sale ended I was able to have the middle cabin have a sleeper sofa, since we will need to sleep 3 (kids) in that room connected to ours. This will also get us closer to the kids club and sports deck- which our kids will love, but much further away from central park, boardwalk, promenade and pretty much everything else. Since we are cruising during a peak vacation time, I expect the ship to be packed. If I book these, how long can we expect to wait for the central elevators to get to the lower decks? As far as the hump decks, anyone else book a group of 2-3 in a row like this? We have one of the central through the back of the hump booked. If we get the dividers removed, how easy will it be to move back and forth between them and what will the views be like? Thanks!

The divider is just a portion of the partition between the balconies, so it won't be like one huge balcony, but it will be easy to walk back and forth.

It's more expensive... I'll find out by how much when I go to book today. I understand the cabin with 3 costing more, but I'm not sure that I understand how a single in one of the cabins costs just as much as two in it. I'd like to move one of the kids back to grandpa's cabin, because I find that just silly which could cut off most of the increase. Hopefully that won't mean that they won't let me book the cabin with the sofa bed again :rolleyes:

I'm also hoping for some onboard credit. Isn't that the sale going on right now?

Okay, so here is what I did. I couldn't get them to move one of the kids on the reservation to Dad's room since that would leave the sofa bed room with only two occupants when it sleep 3 :rolleyes:. And I just couldn't get myself to pay an extra $1500 for a week just for the privilege of having a sofa bed in the room. So... I asked her to look for any 3 connecting humps that all have 2 to a room. She found 3 on deck 7-- 7600, 7602, and 7604 and I was able to get them for about $100 LESS total than my original booking on deck 9 (non-hump). I'm pretty happy with that. We will be once again further from the kids club and pool deck but only 1 floor away now from the boardwalk and central park and on a "hump" for the same price. The 5-year old boy will just have to sleep on a sofa, or in the king bed with his sisters (or crawl in bed with us or Grandpa) that week, I guess.

Edited by spazzyjanet

Okay, so here is what I did. I couldn't get them to move one of the kids on the reservation to Dad's room since that would leave the sofa bed room with only two occupants when it sleep 3 :rolleyes:. And I just couldn't get myself to pay an extra $1500 for a week just for the privilege of having a sofa bed in the room. So... I asked her to look for any 3 connecting humps that all have 2 to a room. She found 3 on deck 7-- 7600, 7602, and 7604 and I was able to get them for about $100 LESS total than my original booking on deck 9 (non-hump). I'm pretty happy with that. We will be once again further from the kids club and pool deck but only 1 floor away now from the boardwalk and central park and on a "hump" for the same price. The 5-year old boy will just have to sleep on a sofa, or in the king bed with his sisters (or crawl in bed with us or Grandpa) that week, I guess.

All the beds separate so Grandpa and the 5 YO could share a cabin but have separate beds.

It sounds like a good move to me!!