Who supplies the meat?

Boatharbour

Of course poor hygiene is a major concern, but improperly stored foods (refrigerated too long, at the wrong temp, etc) are ALSO a serious issue.

To say we don't need to be concerned about the food is just not accurate.

Storage and preparation of food is within the control of the food department on board. The personal hygiene of passengers touching serving implements is not.

I also wonder if the "Colorado Rack of Lamb" is from New Zealand or Australia".
Good question, and what about the source of the New York strip steak?

Or that French toast I had for breakfast?

Was the Italian crepe at Cafe Al Bacio air shipped from Italy?

Now I am wondering if the Canada geese at our lake really came from Canada or are merely imposters.

Storage and preparation of food is within the control of the food department on board. The personal hygiene of passengers touching serving implements is not.

I agree with that statement. I will also state that the control of the food department on board is NOT without flaws. Simply look at almost any health department test results. There are usually at least a few minor issues - any of which MIGHT cause food poisoning or other food borne dangers.

I don't agree with the statement that the poor hygiene of passengers is what causes the food poisoning problems, which was stated previously. It MIGHT cause some of the issues, but it certainly isn't THE ENTIRE CAUSE.

We can agree to disagree on that.

Edited by DinaS

I also wonder if the "Colorado Rack of Lamb" is from New Zealand or Australia".

Good question, and what about the source of the New York strip steak?

Or that French toast I had for breakfast?

Was the Italian crepe at Cafe Al Bacio air shipped from Italy?

Now I am wondering if the Canada geese at our lake really came from Canada or are merely imposters.

DOH!

I guess I'm feeling a little silly. I'd presumed that the name inferred the meat was from Colorado rather than being the name of the cut of meat. From your reply I'm now guessing it's the latter (name of the cut of meat).

DOH!

I guess I'm feeling a little silly. I'd presumed that the name inferred the meat was from Colorado rather than being the name of the cut of meat. From your reply I'm now guessing it's the latter (name of the cut of meat).

Being from Colorado, I've never heard of "Colorado rack..." As we're known for beef, buffalo, elk but not lamb at the big time level. Never heard it being a cut either.

Ah, the joys of marketing....l:confused: Don't feel bad. You forgot Rocky Mountain oysters :)

Edited by blindrid

DOH!

You are actually correct; Colorado lamb does refer to the origin of the lamb (Colorado). Colorado lamb is generally regarded as more flavorful, tender and less gamey than lambs of most other origins as they are breeded specifically to maximize the quality of the meat rather than for the quality of the wool (as is more common elsewhere).

DOH!

I guess I'm feeling a little silly.

My reply was intended to be silly too, not to imply that I know anything about Colorado lamb.

In actuality the only thing I know about Colorado rack of lamb is that I enjoy it, and really do not care where it comes from, just that it tastes very good on Celebrity cruises. :)

I do not have an answer for you - but must say we found the meat in MDR and Speciality restaurants top notch. And i was expecting some sub par servings of meat thinking along the line of 'mass production' of meals. Boy was I wrong - always hot, cooked perfectly and we did not encounter a single chewy piece of meat!

But the title of this thread did make me think of a funny story from our recent cruise. They were serving Rack of Lamb for dinner, and one of the ladies at our table asked "Where does the Lamb come from?" wondering if it was US or possibly NZ Lamb (we were on the way from Tahiti to NZ at the time!).

The waiter hesitated, as if he wasn't sure, then promptly replied 'Well Madame, it is from the Store Room' :p Our waiter, Rosario had such a wonderful sense of humour only outweighed by his excellent skills in totally spoiling us and making us believe we must be royalty!!

So from that point on we always just asked for 'Store Room Lamb' whenever a lamb dish was on the menu :D

Edited by QE2_Fan

You are actually correct; Colorado lamb does refer to the origin of the lamb (Colorado). Colorado lamb is generally regarded as more flavorful, tender and less gamey than lambs of most other origins as they are breeded specifically to maximize the quality of the meat rather than for the quality of the wool (as is more common elsewhere).

Vindicated!

Thanks Gonzo

In any event, I too don't really care where it comes from. Just love the rack of lamb on the ship.