cruise not on website anymore

CJcruzer

October 25/2015 Millennium sailing Tokyo to Hong Kong is gone from website! Even if it were completely sold out, would it not appear with sold out under all categories, or "call for quote/availability"

the two previous sailings around Japan have been chartered out, and we went through this exact same thing - and Celebrity swore up and down it was sold out, so taken off the site.......and then we found out about the charters.

Does Celebrity actually take off sold out cruises? Because it is so early, there are always people cancelling, changing their minds, etc before final payment (due August 2015) -

I am a real doubting Tom in this instance - and I fear the worst....just wish I knew, since there are lots of sales/promos/bargains around for cruising.

Carol

We were booked on the September 27, 2015 14 night Japan cruise, and when that cruise (and the following one) suddenly disappeared from the X website I suspected that the Millennium was being chartered.

It was a frustrating time for those of us who had booked that cruise as Celebrity took some time to finally admit that it indeed was chartered. I would have accepted the situation better had Celebrity immediately acknowledged that they were in negotiations to charter the ship and that there was a good likelihood that sailing would be cancelled. The alternative cruises offered to us didn't appeal to either my husband or me at all, and then I had to deal with a rather snippy customer service person when I transferred those bookings (the Japan cruise was the second leg of a B2B) to a set of Equinox cruises. Good luck to those booked on the October 25th sailing.

I was watching a trans pacific cruise last year that was ALMOST sold out, when it did sell out it disappeared, but if there was a cancellation it again showed availability.

So, based on that one small sample I conclude that yes it could have disappeared without a charter being involved.

There are web sites that will track and email you any available cabins or price changes by the way. It does all the work for you.

I was watching a trans pacific cruise last year that was ALMOST sold out, when it did sell out it disappeared, but if there was a cancellation it again showed availability.

So, based on that one small sample I conclude that yes it could have disappeared without a charter being involved.

There are web sites that will track and email you any available cabins or price changes by the way. It does all the work for you.

I subscribe to that website...... have not had any notice/email as of yet.

Carol

October 25/2015 Millennium sailing Tokyo to Hong Kong is gone from website! Even if it were completely sold out, would it not appear with sold out under all categories, or "call for quote/availability"

the two previous sailings around Japan have been chartered out, and we went through this exact same thing - and Celebrity swore up and down it was sold out, so taken off the site.......and then we found out about the charters.

Does Celebrity actually take off sold out cruises? Because it is so early, there are always people cancelling, changing their minds, etc before final payment (due August 2015) -

I am a real doubting Tom in this instance - and I fear the worst....just wish I knew, since there are lots of sales/promos/bargains around for cruising.

Carol

I suspect the cruise is sold out. As of a couple of days ago, only insides were available.

We originally booked the Century around Japan set for April and they sold the ship and the Century moved to a Singapore to Dubai cruise, which we are now on.

Then, the Millie's two cruises around Japan, in Sept and Oct were chartered, after we booked the Sept Japan cruise.

We then rebooked the 25 Japan and China. If Celebrity charters and cancellel that cruse, then its three strikes. Not sure if we would book any more X cruises.

I suspect the cruise is sold out. As of a couple of days ago, only insides were available.

We originally booked the Century around Japan set for April and they sold the ship and the Century moved to a Singapore to Dubai cruise, which we are now on.

Then, the Millie's two cruises around Japan, in Sept and Oct were chartered, after we booked the Sept Japan cruise.

We then rebooked the 25 Japan and China. If Celebrity charters and cancellel that cruse, then its three strikes. Not sure if we would book any more X cruises.

I was thinking of you when I read the original post as I remember from the roll call that you had re-booked on the October 25th cruise (Papa and I were originally both booked on the same September cruise).

We would have 3 strikes if this one is cancelled. First, the one we booked for April 2015 and then Sept. 2015. I've emailed our contact at Celebrity who notified us of the prior cancellation, as well as our TA. We are now, (again) in the wait and see mode. For sure, we won't book this itinerary again if we are cancelled!