Jw marquis miami

Cruisin' Again 86

It was AMAZING! I scored two rooms from hotwire for under $100 each last April. Requested adjoining rooms by calling the hotel directly a couple of weeks prior to check in.

We walked to Bayfront park for the Thriller boat ride and to The Filling Station for burgers. I recommend both! (People with long hair will need an elastic for the boat ride, I didn't have one --- my hair was a mess!) CVS and a liquor store within walking distance.

The only slightest complaint I had was the lack of coffee in the morning. The "to go" place was closed but the restaurant packed up a couple of cups for me when I asked if there was a place to get coffee. There is a fancy coffee maker in the room.

DS and his friend still talk about the hotel room and asked if we could go back.

We stayed there prior to our last cruise and LOVED it -- cannot say enough good things about the staff and service. The pool area was closed due to high winds (it's on a rooftop) and the girl who came out to tell us was so apologetic she offered to let my family bowl and play pool for free. She also brought us coffee. The restaurant staff was also wonderful, as was front desk, valets -- really everyone.

We had a suite with floor to ceiling windows and the best bathroom ever, even had a built-in tv in the mirror. I wouldn't stay anywhere else before a cruise.

This thread should have been posted on the Florida Departures Board.

With that said:

It's a very nice hotel. It is relatively new and is around three years young.

It is located about 10 minutes from port.

It is not far from Bayside and if you like to walk around a 20 minute walk from Mary Brickell Village with another large selection of restaurants.

It is near the Intercontinental which is also recommended.

It is a large hotel that attracts not only tourists but also is used for business meetings and the like. Some cruise lines use it for pre and/or post cruises.

Keith