Dynamic Dining - online booking tips

Thank you! Going on Allure June 28th from Barcelona, assuming DD is in place there then? A bit disappointed about that, but will cope, I think. Going with extendet family of 8, and your advice will help!

Don''t know for sure, but I'd assume DD will be in place since that would be after the dry dock.

Thank you! Going on Allure June 28th from Barcelona, assuming DD is in place there then? A bit disappointed about that, but will cope, I think. Going with extendet family of 8, and your advice will help!

We're going to be on Allure too (out of Barcelona) a month before you...and were told that DD will be in place. We got an e-mail confirming it as well.

RCI's re-scheduling of a show on our upcoming Quantum cruise resulted in a conflict with one of our dinner bookings. We are a party of 3. I tried to modify our reservation several times on-line using My Cruise Planner but received error messages each time. I then called RCI and the agent told me that there were no available times left for pre-booking in our original venue and to check with staff once on-board. I started to wonder why times were showing as available but we could not book. Later that day I was able to modify the reservation for two of the three in our party. I closed out of the system then went back in and was able to modify the reservation for the 3rd person as well.

So, if you have more than two people in your party and receive an error message, you might give this method a whirl.

Based on the reviews from the Quantum TA you are asked when you reach the restaurant if you want to eat alone or with others so I do not think that this will negatively impact their system.

I've written a few tips based on my experiences of booking Dynamic Dining at the Royal Caribbean website on our sailing's roll call thread here. If anyone else has advice on how to beat the system's anomalies, however, I'm sure we'd all be pleased to read them.

We are a party of nine cruisers in four cabins. We all have separate confirmation numbers. Will we each have to make reservations for our dining and all try for the same time…or can one person (me) make a reservation for 9 people since we all want to sit together anyway. Or will the system know that there are only 2 people in my cabin so it will not allow me to reserve for 9? seems much easier for one person to book than try to do 4 separate reservations…can you clarify? ....also 3 of the cabins are mine..(myself and DH, in one and the other two have teens and young adults 21yrs.) the 4th cabin is another family of 3 traveling with us..if that makes a difference..

Thanks for sharing kccrzr for sharing. We put together are own tip sheets for dynamic dining based on our experiences trying to book for Anthem and Quantum this year. Glad to see we had some similar experiences when trying to make reservations; although, there were only two of us for reservations.

We also put together a complete guide to booking a Quantum class sailing, which we have been updating given the new information. If you have anything to add, please let us know in the comments section!

52 days and counting until our Quantum cruise! Can't wait.

All sounds too complicated to eat dinner!!:eek:

Having a thread on how to book DD and Help sites as well........we think we will pass thank you and see how it all works out before booking on a DD ship.

We are on the allure in august 2015 and haven't had an email about dynamic dining. Our reservation still shows late sitting and is linked to 3 other bookings. When i read threads about dd i rang royal and they queried it and i was told we will still get traditional as we booked it so early but i'm not convinced about this if all of the ship is going to be dd after dry dock.

Any thoughts please

EatSleepCruise, I see from your blog tht you were able to make DD bookings on the Anthem over a year in advance. That makes me very concerned for what's going to happen to the RCI website on January 1st when probably 60+ cruises x 5500 people x 7 dinners can all start being booked at the same time for the Oasis. :eek:

EatSleepCruise, I see from your blog tht you were able to make DD bookings on the Anthem over a year in advance. That makes me very concerned for what's going to happen to the RCI website on January 1st when probably 60+ cruises x 5500 people x 7 dinners can all start being booked at the same time for the Oasis. :eek:

I'm logging on when ball drops

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Originally posted by Jillmom2>We are a party of nine cruisers in four cabins. We all have separate confirmation numbers. Will we each have to make reservations for our dining and all try for the same time…or can one person (me) make a reservation for 9 people since we all want to sit together anyway. Or will the system know that there are only 2 people in my cabin so it will not allow me to reserve for 9? seems much easier for one person to book than try to do 4 separate reservations…can you clarify? ....also 3 of the cabins are mine..(myself and DH, in one and the other two have teens and young adults 21yrs.) the 4th cabin is another family of 3 traveling with us..if that makes a difference..

Based upon my experience making reservations (or attempting to) for us and another couple, with different booking numbers, I would say - definitely maybe!

The RCCL web site allows you to add people from a different booking, provided you have their booking number and names. The real proviso is that the web site is working correctly! Sometimes one of us was able to make reservations for all of us, sometimes we had to do it separately (while we were talking to each other on the phone), or we called C&A and they got it done for us. However it is done, each party will have to check their respective planner to make sure it went through properly.

I would suggest that you try doing it on-line, and if that won't work then call C&A and ask them to do it for you.

I'm logging on when ball drops

/QUOTE]

Lol! Four of our five cabins are together New Year's Eve so we've already joked about grabbing laptops at midnight.

Challenge accepted

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app