Carnival phoned me at 6:30 THIS MORNING

sanmarcosman

Carnival called to update me on an itinerary change for the February 7th Miracle sailing at 6:30 this morning. While I appreciate the information and I have agreed with many here that we should be alerted to these kinds of changes, I would have like to slept in. Now I'm awake and on here, of course. :)

Michelle with Carnival: perhaps your IT people could list the customer update call sheets in order of time zone. The agent who called said he was unaware he was calling me in San Diego and apologized for giving me a wake up call. Just a suggestion.

I'm a BIG TIME morning person and even I wouldn't think of making any kind of business call to somebody's residence before 10:00am. :( Even with the time differences, it could've been 7:30a, 8:30a, or 9:30a at different parts of the country. And for a change that is months away?? ugh. I'm surprised they didn't just e-mail you. I was never notified for port time changes for my cruise this weekend.

I'm a BIG TIME morning person and even I wouldn't think of making any kind of business call to somebody's residence before 10:00am. :( Even with the time differences, it could've been 7:30a, 8:30a, or 9:30a at different parts of the country. And for a change that is months away?? ugh. I'm surprised they didn't just e-mail you. I was never notified for port time changes for my cruise this weekend.

It was mid-afternoon in India....:eek:

I got a forwarded email from my TA about this for my February 1st cruise on the Miracle. Funny though, I can't remember what the original port times were, but it looks like Cabo was cut short?

Originally Cabo was 7:30am-3:30pm for my cruise on the 7th and the day switched to Monday from Thursday. I prefer the new times so we can go to breakfast and lunch before catching the tender into town.

Edited by sanmarcosman

Originally Cabo was 7:30am-3:30pm for my cruise on the 7th and the day switched to Monday from Thursday. I prefer the new times so we can go to breakfast and lunch before catching the tender into town.

We go the following week (the 14th). Checked our itinerary and Cabo is now from noon until 8. Never been to Cabo after about 3PM so that will be a first. Mazatlan shifted an hour later (arrival and departure). PV is still 8 to 8.

You mentioned the date change also, wonder if that's to allow for two days/three nights back to Long Beach due to the compromised propulsion (also explains the later arrival into Cabo).

No boat lunch for us tho. We'll make a b-line to Tacos Gus for tacos, tortas and pina agua. Now we'll need to find a good place for dinner.

We also have port time changes on our Miracle Hawaii cruise in Jan. Notice was not given by Carnival just a heads up from a fellow passenger that happened to notice. Some of us have private excursions booked and it would have been nice for an email from Carnival.

We also have port time changes on our Miracle Hawaii cruise in Jan. Notice was not given by Carnival just a heads up from a fellow passenger that happened to notice. Some of us have private excursions booked and it would have been nice for an email from Carnival.

Yup, still waiting for my phone call, e-mail, snail mail, or smoke signal, as well. :rolleyes: I won't hold my breath.

Same with the Dec. Hawaii cruise.

Carnival called to update me on an itinerary change for the February 7th Miracle sailing at 6:30 this morning. While I appreciate the information and I have agreed with many here that we should be alerted to these kinds of changes, I would have like to slept in. Now I'm awake and on here, of course. :)

Michelle with Carnival: perhaps your IT people could list the customer update call sheets in order of time zone. The agent who called said he was unaware he was calling me in San Diego and apologized for giving me a wake up call. Just a suggestion.

This happened to me one year when we had a cruise booked. Except it was at 3AM and it was a fax machine trying to send a fax to my home number.

This happened 2 nights in a row so I called Carnival customer service to find out what was going on. They said that somehow my phone number got listed as my fax number.

They apologized and fixed the error, but there is nothing like waking up to that middle of the night phone call - you always think that something is wrong!

A couple of summers ago, I was at work and we had a tornado warning and were evacuating our patients to safe areas. Additionally, other clinics were calling our cell phones since we couldn't be at our office phones. All four clincs calling each other trying to make sure all was safe, etc... As I am standing next to my supervisor, my cell rings and I say this isn't a good time, and then no a couple of times, he asks what is it?, I said it was Carnival PVP trying to get me to book a cruise. :D

Edited by klct39lg

We go the following week (the 14th). Checked our itinerary and Cabo is now from noon until 8. Never been to Cabo after about 3PM so that will be a first. Mazatlan shifted an hour later (arrival and departure). PV is still 8 to 8.

You mentioned the date change also, wonder if that's to allow for two days/three nights back to Long Beach due to the compromised propulsion (also explains the later arrival into Cabo).

No boat lunch for us tho. We'll make a b-line to Tacos Gus for tacos, tortas and pina agua. Now we'll need to find a good place for dinner.

I guess we will