Damaged clothing on last day

MarkusToe

He folks

Was on X, Summit, last week.

Cruise was great but on the last morning my clothing was spilled with bleach or something similar.

We took farewell pictures on deck 4 an something dropped from deck 5, we thought it was drops of rain, because it rains the night before.

I've send mail to X but no answer yet.

Id like to have replaced the ruined stuff.....

Any Idea, phone number, mailadress for help?

Unfortunately, this probably should have been taken care of shortly after it happened. However, you can try sending an email - with photos to Celebrity. contactmichael@celebrity.com or concerns@celebrity.com It may take a few weeks for you to hear back from anyone.

Did you have travel insurance? You can make a claim through them.

Sorry this happened to you. :(

Edited by Iamthesea

I agree with Iamthesea, it should have been handled on the ship. Did you try and take care of it at the customer relations desk? I had a nice dress shirt reined by the laundry service, and I took it down to customer relations and they reimbursed me on the spot. We looked up the shirt on line where I purchased it, and they gave me the entire amount paid, and it was done. They kept the shirt, and when I got home I ordered another one.

Good luck to you, and I hope it all works out well for you!

Edited by DiamondSuiteCruiser

We realized damage at the airport...., tried to call X but no sucess

Waiting time more than 30 min announced.....

Not a good deal having a german mobile....:mad:l

I am sure you were not happy about it, nor would I be. I also would not want the added fee for waiting on hold for 30+ mins on an international phone. Try emailing the addresses that Iamthesea provided, and Good luck and I hope they can resolve it for you.

We realized damage at the airport...., tried to call X but no sucess

Waiting time more than 30 min announced.....

Not a good deal having a german mobile....:mad:l

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. Can you please email us at concerns@celebrity.com. Please also include your reservation number, as well as any images from the incident and what exactly happened. We'll have someone look into this.

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. Can you please email us at concerns@celebrity.com. Please also include your reservation number, as well as any images from the incident and what exactly happened. We'll have someone look into this.

It's always nice when you come on the boards and offer to help.

I would have thought it was water too and done nothing about it while on the ship.

to give you the final answer from X

we do not clean our ships using bleach or similar stuff - therefore we reject the claim - we are not responsible for.....

Thank's X - to be very honest: within the next few cruises (and there are a few) you will never had a more picky guest than myself.....:mad:

we do not clean our ships using bleach or similar stuff - therefore we reject the claim - we are not responsible for.....

Thank's X - to be very honest: within the next few cruises (and there are a few) you will never had a more picky guest than myself.....:mad:

OMG really what you been wearing that for 3 month you cannot get over it ? :cool:

The more I read these boards the more I regret booking our next cruise on Celebrity. I'm just a frugal person and dread the thought of giving up our deposit without at least trying them out first. When we first started sailing Carnival I had heard bad things about them, but none of those turned out to be our experience, so I'm trying to be open minded but to dismiss your claim like that is not acceptable. Perhaps they don't realize how many people will hear about this and will be turned off Celebrity? Or maybe they always sail full so they couldn't care less about their individual passengers because there will be another one in line to take their place.

I have avoided the boards for weeks now trying to get the bad taste for Celebrity out of my mouth...and the first morning back...I see they are still jerks.

The more I read these boards the more I regret booking our next cruise on Celebrity. I'm just a frugal person and dread the thought of giving up our deposit without at least trying them out first. When we first started sailing Carnival I had heard bad things about them, but none of those turned out to be our experience, so I'm trying to be open minded but to dismiss your claim like that is not acceptable. Perhaps they don't realize how many people will hear about this and will be turned off Celebrity? Or maybe they always sail full so they couldn't care less about their individual passengers because there will be another one in line to take their place.

I have avoided the boards for weeks now trying to get the bad taste for Celebrity out of my mouth...and the first morning back...I see they are still jerks.

More I read these boards more I wonder how much spare time people have. :rolleyes: It would never even cross my mind to spend time to wright letter after letter to cruise line to get 10$ for dry clean .

More I read these boards more I wonder how much spare time people have. :rolleyes: It would never even cross my mind to spend time to wright letter after letter to cruise line to get 10$ for dry clean .

I believe you missed the entire point. The clothing was RUINED with something akin to bleach. Dry cleaning it will only give them clean ruined clothes.

Not sure what the clothing was actually worth, but it appears it was significantly more than $10.

I'm so sorry you received that response, but it doesn't surprise me after the fact.

I have had first hand experience with bleach being used to clean around the ship during the Noro virus months. The crew wipe everything down with the stuff. The smell is overwhelming!

I just realized that Deck 5 contains the lifeboats above Deck 4. I don't know why they would be cleaning the lifeboats with bleach, but many other cleaners can contain ingredients that can fade fabric.

What port were you in? Perhaps the substance came from the port area. For instance, the port of Bayonne often gets complaints of paint flying around because of a factory next door.

Try to have fun on your next cruises. ;)

Edited by Iamthesea

You need to recalibrate your attitude. I can understand your dissatisfaction with X's response to your grievance. If you're still pissed off then take your business elsewhere. But to go on subsequent cruises with a chip on your shoulder will serve only to vent your frustrations on innocent crew members while robbing you of the opportunity to enjoy your vacation. Stuff happens. People make mistakes. If we can kick down the Marshall Plan and welcome Germany back into the family of nations then anything is possible. Try to put your ruined CK blouse and Levis jeans in perspective. Count your blessings, including your ability to cruise in luxury around the seven seas, and be a reflection of God's love to everyone you meet on your next cruise and every day before and after. And let me be the first to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving from America.

You need to recalibrate your attitude. I can understand your dissatisfaction with X's response to your grievance. If you're still pissed off then take your business elsewhere. But to go on subsequent cruises with a chip on your shoulder will serve only to vent your frustrations on innocent crew members while robbing you of the opportunity to enjoy your vacation. Stuff happens. People make mistakes. If we can kick down the Marshall Plan and welcome Germany back into the family of nations then anything is possible. Try to put your ruined CK blouse and Levis jeans in perspective. Count your blessings, including your ability to cruise in luxury around the seven seas, and be a reflection of God's love to everyone you meet on your next cruise and every day before and after. And let me be the first to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving from America.

What a wonderful post. Thank you. :)

was on starboard side....

was a brand new CK shirt - bought a week before for 90US, Jeans worn 2 times - Levis 501 - 49, Hair color at the hairdresser, 100...

I'll have fun, for shure, but X will not, for shure as well....

Yes ,take your shirt with you on all your future cruises and try to make them to pay for it . :eek::eek:

Hairdresser ???? :rolleyes:

OMG really what you been wearing that for 3 month you cannot get over it ? :cool:

Yes ,take your shirt with you on all your future cruises and try to make them to pay for it . :eek::eek:

Hairdresser ???? :rolleyes:

Wow, three posts that have added nothing to this discussion.

To the OP, wise words have been spoken about letting this go. No good can come from you holding a grudge against Celebrity for this. If you don't think you can do that then you probably should stop cruising Celebrity and take your business elsewhere since the only real loser will be you as you will not be able to enjoy your cruise with this hanging over your head.

Wow, three posts that have added nothing to this discussion.

To the OP, wise words have been spoken about letting this go. No good can come from you holding a grudge against Celebrity for this. If you don't think you can do that then you probably should stop cruising Celebrity and take your business elsewhere since the only real loser will be you as you will not be able to enjoy your cruise with this hanging over your head.

I added my opinion to this discussion . :rolleyes: