Damaged clothing on last day

MarkusToe

Gee..we did much better on Silhouette after a whole bunch of folks got sooted in an instant burst from the engines.

we were seated outside on a side area of Sunset Bar listening to music... it happened so fast and covered people, tables, deck and part of the bar with oily black stuff. As requested by pax, an officer was called....he made a report, had a cleaning crew wash the area, arranged for new drinks, med care for those who got it in their eyes, & nostrils, etc., & took cabin nos for free laundry...plus sent champagne and a sorry about that note.

we also had new white clothes...soot got on everything...socks & undies too...but amazingly the expedited laundry order came back perfectly clean! We were told someone used wrong mix in the fuel???? We were satusfied with tge way it was handked but are always a bit nervous sitting out back since then,.,

sorry OP did not get better results but the late discovery and report was no doubt a factor...

• 2 weeks later...
What a wonderful post. Thank you. :)

Jules

I wanted to respond to you about a post on the "other" thread that closed. I've been on these boards for quite some time . I want to assure you not to be concerned about those negative nellies. We just got off the Reflection and met many wonderful people.

Enjoy your cruise and ignore those :eek: folks.....:p

CC

we were seated outside on a side area of Sunset Bar listening to music... it happened so fast and covered people, tables, deck and part of the bar with oily black stuff. As requested by pax, an officer was called....he made a report, had a cleaning crew wash the area, arranged for new drinks, med care for those who got it in their eyes, & nostrils, etc., & took cabin nos for free laundry...plus sent champagne and a sorry about that note.

we also had new white clothes...soot got on everything...socks & undies too...but amazingly the expedited laundry order came back perfectly clean! We were told someone used wrong mix in the fuel???? We were satusfied with tge way it was handked but are always a bit nervous sitting out back since then,.,

Loved your story -- especially the positive outcome. It's one of those things that you can probably laugh at, in hindsight -- but, at the time...:eek:!

Several years ago, we booked our first aft balcony cabin on RC. Well, that was before I joined CruiseCritic -- so, nobody warned me about the soot issue associated with those cabins. I had put on a nice clean pair of white shorts, before enjoying my morning coffee, sitting out on the balcony. When I went up to the Windjammer for breakfast, I noticed that I was getting some stares. My DH caught up with me in line, and told me that I had black stripes on the seat of my pants! :eek: Fortunately, they came out in the wash! :cool:

To the OP -- sorry to hear that your clothes were ruined, and you didn't get a positive response from X. For future reference, any time you can get something like that taken care of onboard, the better your outcome will be.

But, I think Seabourn Pearls gave you some very good advice -- hope you'll take it. In the immortal words of Princess Elsa from Frozen, "Let it go....." ;)

Edited by wwcruisers

• 4 weeks later...
Jules

I wanted to respond to you about a post on the "other" thread that closed. I've been on these boards for quite some time . I want to assure you not to be concerned about those negative nellies. We just got off the Reflection and met many wonderful people.

Enjoy your cruise and ignore those :eek: folks.....:p

CC

Thank you curiouscat. I had to take a break for a bit but I'm back and looking through posts again. I would have responded privately but I can't find a way to do that. Thanks again. J. :)

I do disagree...,

in the past I've never complaint, not about some hairs at the bathroom nor dirty bed linen, nor well done steak, I've ordered med rare....

Now I will complain - as I've seen very often, you guys do.....

I am sorry the problem was not resolved to your satisfaction. But to go on future cruises looking for things to complain about?? Really?? Why would you want to do that to yourself, let alone to completely innocent crew members on other sailings? If I had that much hatred and animosity for Celebrity I would never sail on that line again. I go on all vacations with a positive attitude and a supreme gratefulness that I am lucky enough to be able to afford, and healthy enough, to enjoy what so many people can only dream of. I am SO thankful, I cannot imagine embarking on a trip looking for things to complain about. I am so very sorry for you that you can't do that.