Carnival announcement scheduled for Nov.17th

jimbo5544

Thanks for the links!

All that speculation and guessing for nothing. That's why I don't get wrapped up in Carnival is going to make an announcement stuff. I just wait until the day of to tune in. It never seems to be anything. I remember the day when they said tune into their website for something exciting and it ended up being a sale...

Carnival has nothing to do with any disappointing us. We here at cc got our own hopes up what it might be. All carnival corporation did was say they wanted media time for today.

I could not agree more. This 'disappointment' has nothing to do with Carnival, and everything to do with Cruisecritic. All Carnival did was request media time using standard methods. This was picked up here and the speculation began! What could they possibly want to tell us? China? Ship movements? Vista?

Note that the general population (that are not on Cruise Critic regularly) would know nothing about this before the announcement. It is just some of us that got our expectations out of whack.

I could not agree more. This 'disappointment' has nothing to do with Carnival, and everything to do with Cruisecritic. All Carnival did was request media time using standard methods. This was picked up here and the speculation began! What could they possibly want to tell us? China? Ship movements? Vista?

Note that the general population (that are not on Cruise Critic regularly) would know nothing about this before the announcement. It is just some of us that got our expectations out of whack.

Not me. My expectations were not "out of whack." I have grown perfectly accustomed to Carnival's announcements, including announcements that are announcements that simply announce a date they will announce their announcement. Nearly all of their announcements are disappointing and below expectations. In my opinion, Carnival is no longer an industry leader in innovation. Innovation is nonexistent throughout Carnival Corporation.

I think what happened is that members of the media were invited to a telephone conference with Arnold Donald. He was going to be making remarks on the "announcement" that was supposed to come out that morning.

So at least one media outlet announced the plans for the conference and announcement - without having any facts other than these things were going to take place Monday.

Of course everyone starts speculating ...

But since it was the CEO of Carnival Corp., it appeared it was going to be an announcement of a more general nature, and that is precisely what it was.

It is big news, because the company is putting a lot of money into marketing its nine brands across all platforms.