Carnival announcement scheduled for Nov.17th

jimbo5544

I hate to burst your bubbles about Carnival's good works a'la Hurricane Katrina, but they were handsomely paid for the use of their ships. The Washington Post placed the pricetag in the neighborhood of $236 million. Carnival did break even, but they did not give away$236 million worth of goods and services.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/09/27/AR2005092701960_pf.html

I'd also second (third?) the building of more Sprit class ships. :-)

Edited by Carnival_Brides

I hate to burst your bubbles about Carnival's good works a'la Hurricane Katrina, but they were handsomely paid for the use of their ships. The Washington Post placed the pricetag in the neighborhood of $236 million. Carnival did break even, but they did not give away$236 million worth of goods and services.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/09/27/AR2005092701960_pf.html

I'd also second (third?) the building of more Sprit class ships. :-)

No fear of bubble bursting on my account.;) They should have been made whole(which they were), the point is they were there for a home port that they supported. Front and center as a good corporate citizen, one might even venture more than some gov agencies (but let's not go down that path).:cool:

CCL stock continued it's climb today, up another 60 cents a share, and it is up 19% in the last month. That's a nice climb. Apparently investors are expecting a positive announcement.

"Bulls Want to Cruise With Carnival:"

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/bulls-want-cruise-carnival-173408210.html

Maybe the announcement is that NCLH is buying CCL. Norwegian is up $1.09 today and up about 30% in the last month. Closing price per share above CCL.

Maybe the announcement is that NCLH is buying CCL. Norwegian is up $1.09 today and up about 30% in the last month. Closing price per share above CCL.

No, that would drive the CCL up even higher. The cruise lines all dropped after the "ebola" incident and have climbed back in the last month. Now if CCL were buying NCLH that would cause what you see.

No, that would drive the CCL up even higher. The cruise lines all dropped after the "ebola" incident and have climbed back in the last month. Now if CCL were buying NCLH that would cause what you see.

It was a joke. I was pointing out that Winddawn's theory about CCL's stock price wasn't based on the announcement to be made on the 17th.

My sources are telling me this announcement is in response to the attempt to repeal the ban on dwarf tossing in Florida and possibly adding this as an entertainment option on ships embarking out of Florida.

Edited by YorN

I have a feeling this will be strictly CCL related. Why have John Heald come across the Atlantic to be at an event announcing something for Carnival Corp only. I have a feeling it will be about a new order of ships to come over the next 5-8 years, and as stated getting into the emerging Asian market. I also hope for a new spirit class ship to be home ported in Tampa year round.

Could the big announcement be....

"We are lowering the cheers program back down from $49.95 a day"

or

"We are raising it to $59.95"

Maybe a CHAIRS program. $10 bucks a day for a dedicated chair in a dedicated location. $20 for the pool perimeter. Free one deck closer to the sun.

That certainly was visually interesting at the closing bell for the week. A first ever to see that position.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

That certainly was visually interesting at the closing bell for the week. A first ever to see that position.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Funny you should mention it, I heard a rumor of just the opposite happening. (Really commenting on the post you were commenting on).

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by jimbo5544

I'm glad that things are good in your world too. :) I had a good time on my one NCL cruise (to Alaska). I won a slot machine progressive jackpot and took lots of great excursions. NCLs cabins are too small for my taste though.