Celebrity cruises 2014 offer ?

i love dorset

I have just heard that the Classic alcohol drinks package they are promoting at the moment (along with free grats and onboard credit) is not worth much as I believe they have reduced the choice of drinksyou can choose to about three beers and only a few cocktails. If you want a better quality one you pay the full price and not taken off your allowance. Last year there were at least six beers to choose from. has anyone got a recent drinks menu?

quote.gif

If you're going to take advantage of the current promotion that gives you up to 300 in OBC, you can take 23.00 per day and use it to upgrade the two of you to the Premium package and then your alcohol choice will be expanded to include about 80% of what they offer on board, including the Martini and Molecular Bars.

Here is a copy of the OFFICIAL Celebrity Bevvy Pkg Lists for Classic & Premium Alcohol...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2048745

It should alleviate some of your fears (personally I don't believe all the Trip Report comments I read here on CC... Some people are just "natural born complainers / exaggerators" :rolleyes: )

However, it is true that availability can depend on where in the world the ship is - Restocking / Consumption - and local preferences. But "just 3 Beers"... Ya that would be an exaggeration... More a case of just 3 Beers that that Particular poster might consider ordering

It is now, and has been since the beginning... The Classic List features more Domestic Product / Brandnames... And the Premium more selection on all fronts (Beer - Wine - Spirits)... If you seek PREMIUM Products, then yes... You need to Upgrade to the PREMIUM PKG

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

I have just heard that the Classic alcohol drinks package they are promoting at the moment (along with free grats and onboard credit) is not worth much as I believe they have reduced the choice of drinksyou can choose to about three beers and only a few cocktails. If you want a better quality one you pay the full price and not taken off your allowance. Last year there were at least six beers to choose from. has anyone got a recent drinks menu?

quote.gif

As you are from the UK, I know where you have been reading these reports! We cruised recently and the range of beers and cocktails was still as extensive as is shown on the Celebrity Cruises UK website. Each ship has slightly different cocktail menus and in addition each day there will be a cocktail of the day which will be well within the $8 allowance.

The free gratuities and OBC alone are enough to make this offer very attractive to UK guests