november 29 2014 DIVINA whats not to miss?

anamarieus

Skyking pretty much summed it all up. Don't be afraid of prior reviews. My wife and I just got off the 10-day sailing (debarked 11/22). We LOVED this cruise. Nothing to worry about. The differences were more "subtle", and not major. Here are some things we did:

1) We did tip a bit extra (cabin steward, MDR, and bar service) - these folks work hard, and we found them to be very friendly and appreciative.

2) When we could, we engaged them in conversation and found them to be very friendly. Ask them where they are from.... We never experienced bad service.

3) The bartenders do make the drinks, so we learned to approach the waitstaff, even if the bartender did not look "busy" at the moment.

4) The Winemaker at Sea program (offered on sea days) is a lot of fun!

5) Don't miss "Ameritalian" (Greg and Sonia) at the La Luna Piano Bar. We got to know them during the cruise, and they are so friendly and personable, and will play/sing just about anything (Barry Manilow, Beatles, etc. etc.).

6) I will repeat.... DO NOT miss the shows, they are amazing!

7) Food is always subjective. We enjoyed the main dining room, but if you do not like something, our waiter was always happy to bring something else. The Galaxy was amazing...

Wishing we were back on again......

Skyking pretty much summed it all up. Don't be afraid of prior reviews. My wife and I just got off the 10-day sailing (debarked 11/22). We LOVED this cruise. Nothing to worry about. The differences were more "subtle", and not major. Here are some things we did:

1) We did tip a bit extra (cabin steward, MDR, and bar service) - these folks work hard, and we found them to be very friendly and appreciative.

2) When we could, we engaged them in conversation and found them to be very friendly. Ask them where they are from.... We never experienced bad service.

3) The bartenders do make the drinks, so we learned to approach the waitstaff, even if the bartender did not look "busy" at the moment.

4) The Winemaker at Sea program (offered on sea days) is a lot of fun!

5) Don't miss "Ameritalian" (Greg and Sonia) at the La Luna Piano Bar. We got to know them during the cruise, and they are so friendly and personable, and will play/sing just about anything (Barry Manilow, Beatles, etc. etc.).

6) I will repeat.... DO NOT miss the shows, they are amazing!

7) Food is always subjective. We enjoyed the main dining room, but if you do not like something, our waiter was always happy to bring something else. The Galaxy was amazing...

Wishing we were back on again......

Thanks Denie, great tips, I'll add them to my website.

Anne Marie - Maybe there is a deck plan in the Davina Traveller app that you can download once we are onboard. Don't forget (If you are onboard and have the time) that Bret (CruisseguyinOrl) has offered a quick ship tour at 2PM starting in the Black & White lounge on deck 7 aft. I've been told you can get there and avoid the crowds by walking on the starboard side promenade. Being lost on a cruise ship is part of the fun. Bob

One more tip.....if you have the Allegrisimo package, it states "take away ice cream in a cup" and hot coffee drinks are included. You should know that it DOES include the Gelato that you see in the Piazza del Dogge and Pool Deck. The Venchi Gelato is wonderful!!!! If 2 scoops isn't enough, just go back for more! Be sure to try all the flavors. The Caffe' Italia is a great place all day long for a special coffee drink. These are great ways to stretch the value of this package!

Enjoy your cruise! :D

Same as Skyking....I heard about "getting there early", so we tried it. We were there around 11:00 or so, and got aboard around 12:00. The boarding process is so fast compared to other cruises we have been on. We weren't at the counter with our passports more than 5 minutes or so. It is so much fun walking around the empty ship and getting that early exploration. My wife booked her spa package then, and then I believe we went up to the Galaxy to reserve our Brunch and Dinner. Do not miss either of these - the staff is fabulous!

As you can tell, we thoroughly enjoyed our cruise, and felt the Divina met all of our expectations! Sure, it's "slightly" different than other lines, but we like different! There were no major surprises.....

So maybe I shouldnt get there at 930am?? Was there a line?? I heard they have filets in the MDR on embarkation day.

We always arrive at the port around 9:30 as we LOVE to people watch. In 30+ cruises, I think the LATEST we've ever boarded is 11:45. We're always at the front of the line to board and enjoy the entire ship to ourselves, at least for the first 30 minutes! It's also such fun to be the first to the buffet...It's pristine, quiet, and so pretty before the masses decend! LOL

As far as the Divina, we've been on her twice (with #3, 4, and 5 coming up in the next few months) and we've boarded at 11:00 the first time and 11:30 the second time. So definitely arrive early!

And yes, filet on embarkation day! :)

This is wonderful to know. Thank you, Kathiean!! We will arrive early then!!

Omg we are so excited. Im sleeping today for the most part, though. Im broke til tmrw and have no family here in miami so its always quiet on thanksgiving.

tmrw I have to do laundry and go shopping. I hope the weather is nice in the caribbean for our sailing. I cant wait to try the filet!!

Edited by anamarieus

This is wonderful to know. Thank you, Kathiean!! We will arrive early then!!

Omg we are so excited. Im sleeping today for the most part, though. Im broke til tmrw and have no family here in miami so its always quiet on thanksgiving.

tmrw I have to do laundry and go shopping. I hope the weather is nice in the caribbean for our sailing. I cant wait to try the filet!!

Buona Giornata AnaMarie

6 hours 59 minutes!!!! Had to get hair conditioner and double check all cruise docs and IDs. Im getting so excited, yall!!

Villa rossa is the first place we are going for the filet tmrw after embarkation. Maybe we book the spa first!!:D

is everybody else ready???