Free Classic Beverage Package Question

llarsen

I have to agree with Giorgi-one. It's a fantastic deal if you are a drinker. We just booked a 7 day on the Reflection for Feb 2016. We booked a C3 and got the beverage package, prepaid gratuities, $300 OBC, and $200 from out TA. We compared with RCCL and Princess and there was no way we could beat the overall price.

We upgraded the drink package on our first Celebrity cruise and always will in the future. It's nice to know everything is covered and I don't have to nitpick about sizes and prices. We never were asked to pay any extra for anything we ordered so maybe that is something new.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

We also have the free drink package. It does have DH's favorite beer ( that's his drink of choice) and my brand of scotch. However, I do enjoy a glass of wine at dinner. Will I be able to get a glass of white wine without much trouble at dinner? Also, I love bloody Mary's by the pool...included?

I am not a big drinker of fancy drinks and don't think I need to upgrade.....Unless those experienced with the beverage thinks it's necessary

Happy cruising!

Most definitely NOT necessary to upgrade to the premium package. With what you have described, you will be very very happy with the free classic package. Enjoy.

Most definitely NOT necessary to upgrade to the premium package. With what you have described, you will be very very happy with the free classic package. Enjoy.

NOT necessary, but a lot of fun to try the Molecular Bar drinks and the Martini Bar's selections.

Being able to get those and the better beers are why we upgrade. One Martini or one Molecular drink and you've covered the day's upgrade cost.

Also being able to get the better vodkas, etc. is nice.

That is disappointing. But our aqua class cabin should be close to the buffet. We are on the highest deck. I didn't realize the buffet would have mimosas. As I said we are new to this.

Hi CRUISING00,

Note that I said the Oceanview Buffet Bar... It is a seperate area within the Venue... Or you can try the Backdeck off the Oceanview Buffet (longer walk if you are coming from midship) there is a Bar there too.

Nothing is free - the cost of those "free" beverage packages is built into the cost of your cruise. So yes, everyone is tipping 15%

if you want to tip more have at it but do not say people are not tipping - when it is built into the package

100% Agree

Anyone who watches prices over the long term can see how Celebrity slides up and down a precise amount when the Drink Promos are on vs off

Infact, if you actually want it, I have heard that Celebrity will Quote a price without these perks (ie 123Go - Pick Your Perk - All Inclusive)

Cheers!

Nothing is free - the cost of those "free" beverage packages is built into the cost of your cruise. So yes, everyone is tipping 15%

if you want to tip more have at it but do not say people are not tipping - when it is built into the package

Wholeheartedly agree! :D Gotta love it when the beverage packages are referred to as being "free". They are absolutely built into the price of the cruise. As the old saying goes - nothing in life, worth having, is free.

The prices on the cruises that will give you the "All Inclusive" benefits are out of sight!

We have never had the beverage package but will take advantage of it next year. Do they give you a separate card to use? If you order something that is considered top shelf do you pay the difference or have to pay full price?

We have never had the beverage package but will take advantage of it next year. Do they give you a separate card to use? If you order something that is considered top shelf do you pay the difference or have to pay full price?

It is loaded onto your seapass card. If you have the classic package and the drink cost exceeds the package, you will pay the entire cost of the drink. With the Premium package you'll only pay the difference. Most drinks are included in the premium package except for more expensive wines by the glass.

It is loaded onto your seapass card. If you have the classic package and the drink cost exceeds the package, you will pay the entire cost of the drink. With the Premium package you'll only pay the difference. Most drinks are included in the premium package except for more expensive wines by the glass.

Does Celebrity give out a list of the beverages (liquor) that is included in the classic package? My husband like a particular brand of scotch and not sure if it is included.

I was wondering about getting Mimosas for breakfast as part of the Classic package. Do I understand that you can not order them from room service with breakfast (we are Aqua Class)? If not what would be the easiest/quickest place to get one on the Summit if we still order breakfast through room service? I would like to enjoy it on our balcony in the morning We are new to Celebrity and the Summit.

When we had Aqua class, a bottle of sparkling wine was part of the AQ amenities. Glasses were supplied.,Hopefully still true. Ask your steward to keep it iced, order OJ, and that's 4 mimosas. Carry on 1-2 more bottles, and you're set.

Thanks you! I was hoping to have that confirmed! I don't drink Martinis or other more complex type drinks. (Actually, as I get older I seem to drink less)

Appreciate you taking the time to respond.

Wholeheartedly agree! :D Gotta love it when the beverage packages are referred to as being "free". They are absolutely built into the price of the cruise. As the old saying goes - nothing in life, worth having, is free.

The prices on the cruises that will give you the "All Inclusive" benefits are out of sight!

Agreed. I prefer the term painless, not free.

I was wondering about getting Mimosas for breakfast as part of the Classic package. Do I understand that you can not order them from room service with breakfast (we are Aqua Class)? If not what would be the easiest/quickest place to get one on the Summit if we still order breakfast through room service? I would like to enjoy it on our balcony in the morning We are new to Celebrity and the Summit.

You're in Aqua Class......go to Blu for breakfast and enjoy all the Mimosas you want.

Would you consider 1424 pp plus port charges for a 10 day cruise on the Equinox in a C2 off the hump in an oversized balcony out of sight? With tips and premium alcohol package included with a little extra OBC to boot.

Agreed. I prefer the term painless, not free.

Again I disagree. You need to look at the facts. You will pay the same price or highter for the identical cruise if you book when the Beverage Package promotion is not offered. That means you are not paying any extra for it when you are smart enought to wait until the promotion is offered.

Again I disagree. You need to look at the facts. You will pay the same price or highter for the identical cruise if you book when the Beverage Package promotion is not offered. That means you are not paying any extra for it when you are smart enought to wait until the promotion is offered.

better refigure this one Giorgi-one:cool:

Blu does not offer complimentary mimosas. The Elite breakfast does.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

But Cruising00 has the classic pkg, therefore they can get the drinks on their plan.

To Cruising00, Yes, by all means, go to Blu for breakfast, then order your mimosa and bring them back to your balcony! Or perhaps just go to Blu, order your mimosas - no breakfast - then back to your balcony for happy sipping.;);)

Wrong in my case. When the promotion ceased, price dropped. AND this was a cruise that sold out. It wasn't dollar for dollar, but still dropped.

The fact is you get nothing for free. I could have booked other cruises for less but the drink package made it more painless :rolleyes:.

Wrong in my case. When the promotion ceased, price dropped. AND this was a cruise that sold out. It wasn't dollar for dollar, but still dropped.

The fact is you get nothing for free. I could have booked other cruises for less but the drink package made it more painless :rolleyes:.[/quote\

Veranda price is up about $800 per person for our cruise. I have watched the price go up as the beverage package promotion comes and goes. So some people have paid higher price than I did without the beverage package. I have been cruising for 20 years and I sold cruises for a few years. There is no way price is higher by $50 per day with the beverage package. Hell, I had a price of $649 pp for an ocean view to Bermuda (7 day) with the beverage package and prepaid gratuities. If they were adding the beverage package to the price, the price without the beverage package should be $300 pp. Let me know when you see that price!

The fact is you get nothing for free. I could have booked other cruises for less but the drink package made it more painless :rolleyes:.[/quote\

Veranda price is up about $800 per person for our cruise. I have watched the price go up as the beverage package promotion comes and goes. So some people have paid higher price than I did without the beverage package. I have been cruising for 20 years and I sold cruises for a few years. There is no way price is higher by $50 per day with the beverage package. Hell, I had a price of $649 pp for an ocean view to Bermuda (7 day) with the beverage package and prepaid gratuities. If they were adding the beverage package to the price, the price without the beverage package should be $300 pp. Let me know when you see that price!

Yes, there are exceptions.:rolleyes

We are doing an Alaskan cruise and selected the "free" Classic Bev Pkg. On our last Celebrity cruise we chose the premium package and really enjoyed it.

Can anyone confirm the following:

1. You can upgrade from Classic to Premium, even if the Classic was a "freebie".

2. Specialty coffee drinks are not included with Classic but they are with Premium.

Thanks

We are doing an Alaskan cruise and selected the "free" Classic Bev Pkg. On our last Celebrity cruise we chose the premium package and really enjoyed it.

Can anyone confirm the following:

1. You can upgrade from Classic to Premium, even if the Classic was a "freebie".

2. Specialty coffee drinks are not included with Classic but they are with Premium.

Thanks

1. Yes--any day before the last two.

2. Most are included.