Best Ship for a 20 month old

packyourpixiedust

We are looking to do a cruise in February. I like lots of winter vacations to get out of COLD Michigan. We are already taking a Disney cruise MLK week in January. I'm thinking of a 5-7 night cruise late February. I need something with a splash pad and maybe wading area for my son who will be 20 months. Which ship please?

(He's been on 2 cruises, plus we have the one in January, so we are well versed in cruising with him.)

If your infant is still using swimmers, or is not fully potty trained, then unfortunately the answer is that there are no pools or splash areas for small children on Carnival. Unlike Disney and Royal where there are designated and separately filtered pools for small children, Carnival's pools are off limits to small children. Also, remember that there are no activities at the kids club during regular hours.

If your infant is potty trained and can go in the water without swimmers, then I recommend the Dream class and their Mini-Works area. So either the Dream, Magic or Breeze.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Tapi

We are looking to do a cruise in February. I like lots of winter vacations to get out of COLD Michigan. We are already taking a Disney cruise MLK week in January. I'm thinking of a 5-7 night cruise late February. I need something with a splash pad and maybe wading area for my son who will be 20 months. Which ship please?

(He's been on 2 cruises, plus we have the one in January, so we are well versed in cruising with him.)

The Good Ship Lollipop!

Actually there is a small wading/splash pool on the ships by camp carnival. Think of it as something like a small back yard inflatable build on top of the deck. That said, since it is the only pool that does allow swim diapers I'll let you decide on the quality of the water in it. As another poster said - swimmies are band in all other water parks/pools/spas on the ship.

In the future, once your child hits 2 years of age, they can join the camp carnival program.

We got off the Ecstasy on the 31st with our 18 month old. They had 1 day of under 2 Camp Carnival she was able to go to. No water play though, which worked out fine as I don't swim and my wife... Couldn't.

We really enjoyed the ship and had great fun with her as did a lot of the staff, including the captain who visited her on multiple occasions.

It was only a 4 night run though so it doesn't quite match some of you're criteria.

Actually there is a small wading/splash pool on the ships by camp carnival. Think of it as something like a small back yard inflatable build on top of the deck. That said, since it is the only pool that does allow swim diapers....

That small pool is off limits to kids in diapers too. And its not available on all ships either.

I think what everyone is saying is, There really isn't a ship that caters to passengers his age more than the others, so choose the one that is best for you all.