Allure Adjoining Room Noise Question

cactus73

Booked cabin 7602 on the Allure. Concerned that we are going to have a noise issue as it has an adjoining door with the adjacent cabin. We had a cabin like this on the Explorer a few years ago and it was miserable. We could literally hear a pin drop in the room next door. We put towels against the bottom door seam to try and block the noise, but this really didn't work.

Does anyone have any experience with this type of cabin on the Allure? Was noise a problem?

I have until this Saturday (Nov 15) to cancel. I can't switch to another balcony as none are available except guarantee rooms which could result in an even worse situation.

Thoughts?

We had both of two connecting rooms on our Allure cruise. We did close the door at times for privacy, and we definitely could hear noise from the other room, even though those in the other room were not talking loudly nor did they have the TV on very loud. If not for the fact that we occupied both rooms, I would not book a connecting room again because of the noise.

I've had a connecting room on the Allure twice but I haven't had a problem with noise from the next room through the door. I don't recall hearing my neighbors at all.

Same here. All the rooms I have ever been in that had connecting doors were just as quiet as the one's without connecting doors. They are built pretty solid.

Welcome to Cruise Critic:

That would be a hard decision for me too...I agree, I avoid connecting cabins (regardless of catagory) if at all possible. Really not usually worth it for me to take the gamble.

Any chance to choose another cruise date?

Or you might just cancel and hope that a non-connecting cabin may become available...you never know...luck may be on your side.

I was in a connecting cabin on Oasis and it was terrible. We could hear our neighbors talking very clearly and it seemed like the door amplified it. I will never book a connecting cabin again. I do think who you have has something to do with it, though. I think our neighbors were just naturally loud people. So you could get lucky and have quiet neighbors.

Booked cabin 7602 on the Allure. Concerned that we are going to have a noise issue as it has an adjoining door with the adjacent cabin. We had a cabin like this on the Explorer a few years ago and it was miserable. We could literally hear a pin drop in the room next door. We put towels against the bottom door seam to try and block the noise, but this really didn't work.

Does anyone have any experience with this type of cabin on the Allure? Was noise a problem?

I have until this Saturday (Nov 15) to cancel. I can't switch to another balcony as none are available except guarantee rooms which could result in an even worse situation.

Thoughts?

Welcome to CC. If final payment is due today, and you are still going, check the site tomorrow, you may find that cabins in your class open up as cruisers make that decision to sail or not to sail. TA's may have unsold inventory that is given back.

I was in cabin 7174 on the Allure 11/2/14 sailing and it was also a connecting cabin. I had upgraded three times starting from an inside to a CP view to a CP balcony and then winding up with what I really wanted an oceanview balcony. At first I didn't want a connecting cabin after reading about people being able to hear noises from the other cabin but I loved the location of the cabin (just 5 cabins down from the elevator) so I decided to go with it. I am so glad that I did as I never heard a peep from the other cabin and the location of my cabin was even better than I thought. So close to everything (except the Windjammer) and I had the fantstic balcony looking at the ocean.

Just got off the Allure yesterday. We did not have a connecting cabin because we heard about the noise problem. I can tell you that without a connecting door, we never heard a sound from another cabin. Change cabins to one that is not connecting.

• 2 weeks later...