Ice on Imagination?

bahacca

I'm fine using tap water, so I'll bring a reuseable container for it, but do they have ice readily available? Do I just ask at a bar or do they have machines somewhere like on a Disney Cruise?

Carnival no longer provides ice in the stateroom by default. Instead, you need to specifically ask your stateroom steward to provide you with ice or call room service for a moderately larger bucket of ice.

Carnival no longer provides ice in the stateroom by default. Instead, you need to specifically ask your stateroom steward to provide you with ice or call room service for a moderately larger bucket of ice.

Wow, when did this take place? On the Breeze mid-October our ice bucket was filled daily if not 2 times a day.

Really, 2012? We have been on three cruises since then and always had plenty of ice in the stateroom. Never had to ask for it.:confused:

http://johnhealdsblog.com/2014/06/27/if-you-could-see-me-now-again/

Bryce Kautz asks:

I had heard that Carnival employees will pamper you but that was not the case on the Carnival Pride. We are just off the Pride and asked at dinner to our waiter, Sunny, for plates of fries with melted cheese and chili. He told us “NO” and walked away. This upset us so we complained and wrote a letter to the captain and it was not until three days before the end of the cruise that we got what we wanted. We also had to beg for ice in the cabins. PUT ICE BUCKETS IN THERE like basic motels do. This was not the service we expected.

John says:

Hello Bryce Kautz

I do hope that, apart from these two concerns, you had a wonderful time. Let me mention the ice first. We used to put ice in the cabins but so much went unused, that it became an immense waste of water. Now we just put ice in the cabins upon request and all you have to do is ask and the stateroom steward will comply without question. We also try and help with special food orders although they are not always possible. You can imagine if we took special orders from 2,000 guests, the galley simply could not cope. I am glad that we could help you eventually and I am sure you appreciated that they did. I do also hope you had fun and that we see you soon. Best wishes.

John

Edited by Modder

John seems to say a lot of things that, from what is posted on these boards, is either not true or gets completely ignored on board the ships. As I said earlier, we have always had plenty of ice and never had to ask for it. We actually had ice when we arrived at the cabin before leaving port.

I think the policy regarding ice is now No Ice unless you ask. However I think that for the vast majority of room stewards it is more efficient for them to just fill the bucket rather than remember which staterooms request ice. I too have almost always had ice in my cabin without asking. The exception was this past September on the Magic. We asked the steward for beach towels and ice service and the poor fellow looked overwhelmed.

We just got home from a 4 day on the Imagination. Inspiration's sister ship. Had ice waiting in our room when we boarded. We don't use it so asked steward not to refill. He said just ask or call anytime if we change our minds.

Sent from my QMV7A using Forums mobile app

I'm fine using tap water, so I'll bring a reuseable container for it, but do they have ice readily available? Do I just ask at a bar or do they have machines somewhere like on a Disney Cruise?

Besides getting ice from the room steward, there are ice machines on the Lido deck next to the drink dispensers.