My quick review of the Norwegian Gem 2 night cruise

pixiedustdawn

I decided to take the two night cruise on the Gem which has not been offered in quite sometime. I not only met up with some wonderful people onboard at the CC meet and greet but got to spend a lot of time with them over the weekend. this sailing offered everything like a week long cruise would.

Some of the people I had met on the roll call decided that a few of us should get together and have dinner at Le Bistro the first night. We were 4 woman and we had such a wonderful time at dinner, we thought they were going to have throw us out because we were talking and laughing so much and eating very slowly. We were really enjoying each other's company that we had lost track of the time and how long we were there. Dinner was delicious. Service was outstanding. We were very thankful they didn't kick us out. :)

I am hoping the Gem offers more of these two night cruises as some can't travel for an entire week. This was just a perfect weekend cruise.

Jenny was the Hotel Director onboard and as usual she was always around. We saw her everywhere with the guests. She seems to always recognize repeat guests and really makes it a point to meet all the first time guests. I don't know how she finds the energy and always seems to remember everyone. I don't think she sleeps and she must also have a secret tunnel to get from one end of the ship to the other or she has a twin. Jenny is definitely doing something right as it shows in her crew. They all seem to sparkle and shine.

Even though the weekend was full of entertainment, we found time to relax. We even went to the Blue Lagoon on the last night before they closed for good to bid the place farewell. We all wore our footie pajamas. We even got to take some professional photos in them too. Again, lots of laughs.

All in all it was a great weekend and my only complaint is there aren't more of these quick 2 night getaways.

My advice... Join your roll call for your particular sailing whether it is for a day or a week long sailing and make friends that you will have a great time with onboard and keep forever. There really are some wonderful people out there. :)

Thanks for a great weekend Norwegian Gem!

Very well said, Dawn. I loved our 2 nighter on the Jewel in 2013. I find them the perfect way to feed the cruise addiction until we can do a full length cruise. In fact, we are booked on the 2 night Breakaway in December 2015 and then a 7 night cruise on her again in April 2016. Hopefully we'll meet you again!

Very well said, Dawn. I loved our 2 nighter on the Jewel in 2013. I find them the perfect way to feed the cruise addiction until we can do a full length cruise. In fact, we are booked on the 2 night Breakaway in December 2015 and then a 7 night cruise on her again in April 2016. Hopefully we'll meet you again!

Hi i was just reading your post and i see that you are sailing the Breakaway for the 2 night cruise on December 2015.... I am on the same sailing....I did a one night cruise on the gem last May and had a real good time...this time though, after the 2 night cruise that i am doing on the Breakaway, i get off that ship, and board the Gem for the 10 night caribbean cruise.... so this is a vacation that i cannot wait to happen.... hope that we meet up...

Hi i was just reading your post and i see that you are sailing the Breakaway for the 2 night cruise on December 2015.... I am on the same sailing....I did a one night cruise on the gem last May and had a real good time...this time though, after the 2 night cruise that i am doing on the Breakaway, i get off that ship, and board the Gem for the 10 night caribbean cruise.... so this is a vacation that i cannot wait to happen.... hope that we meet up...

We should make a point of meeting. There is a roll call for that sailing.

Thanks! And JoAnn, I will see you on the BA two night cruise!

Very cool Dawn.

I decided to take the two night cruise on the Gem which has not been offered in quite sometime. I not only met up with some wonderful people onboard at the CC meet and greet but got to spend a lot of time with them over the weekend. this sailing offered everything like a week long cruise would.

Some of the people I had met on the roll call decided that a few of us should get together and have dinner at Le Bistro the first night. We were 4 woman and we had such a wonderful time at dinner, we thought they were going to have throw us out because we were talking and laughing so much and eating very slowly. We were really enjoying each other's company that we had lost track of the time and how long we were there. Dinner was delicious. Service was outstanding. We were very thankful they didn't kick us out. :)

I am hoping the Gem offers more of these two night cruises as some can't travel for an entire week. This was just a perfect weekend cruise.

Jenny was the Hotel Director onboard and as usual she was always around. We saw her everywhere with the guests. She seems to always recognize repeat guests and really makes it a point to meet all the first time guests. I don't know how she finds the energy and always seems to remember everyone. I don't think she sleeps and she must also have a secret tunnel to get from one end of the ship to the other or she has a twin. Jenny is definitely doing something right as it shows in her crew. They all seem to sparkle and shine.

Even though the weekend was full of entertainment, we found time to relax. We even went to the Blue Lagoon on the last night before they closed for good to bid the place farewell. We all wore our footie pajamas. We even got to take some professional photos in them too. Again, lots of laughs.

All in all it was a great weekend and my only complaint is there aren't more of these quick 2 night getaways.

My advice... Join your roll call for your particular sailing whether it is for a day or a week long sailing and make friends that you will have a great time with onboard and keep forever. There really are some wonderful people out there. :)

Thanks for a great weekend Norwegian Gem!

AMEN! I have met some incredible people at sea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk