La concha?

ragethjj23

We only stay at La Concha for our San Juan trips now. Love it. Nice beach. Nice bars. Nice restaurants. Great staff. We'll be there in a couple weeks, and again in March.

I'm not sure if there are options other than a cab to get to OSJ, but if you email them - info "at" laconcharesort "dot" com - they'll respond quickly.

Tom

Stayed there on 10/31 for a pre-cruise night. I'd done a lot of OSJ exploring on other trips (stayed 2 nights pre-cruise last year at the Sheraton).

Really liked La Concha. I would definitely stay there again.

Taxi from the hotel to the Carnival pier was $19 (including 4 bags for 2 people) plus tip.

There are other threads here about taking the public bus into OSJ.

With the late sailing (10 pm), we just checked in on the ship around noon, dropped our carry-on bags, and then went back out and explore San Cristobal, had a drink at Parrot Club, and did some last-minute shopping at CVS for carry-on wine.

We only stay at La Concha for our San Juan trips now. Love it. Nice beach. Nice bars. Nice restaurants. Great staff. We'll be there in a couple weeks, and again in March.

I'm not sure if there are options other than a cab to get to OSJ, but if you email them - info "at" laconcharesort "dot" com - they'll respond quickly.

Tom

I emailed them and they said bus b-21 goes right from outside the resort to osj. We will take it for a day trip out there and see if it's plausible to take our bags on the day of embarkation...

I emailed them and they said bus b-21 goes right from outside the resort to osj. We will take it for a day trip out there and see if it's plausible to take our bags on the day of embarkation...

I don't know what cruise line you're on, but when we checked in to La Concha last December, the people at the front desk asked us what cruise line we were taking. When we told them we were on Celebrity, they told us to bring our bags, labeled with cruise luggage tags, to the Bellhop's desk by 11:00 am the next morning, because a Celebrity truck would be coming to pick up luggage at the hotel! We did this and actually had an extremely pleasant walk, without luggage, to embark on the ship at the Pan American Pier.

I don't know what cruise line you're on, but when we checked in to La Concha last December, the people at the front desk asked us what cruise line we were taking. When we told them we were on Celebrity, they told us to bring our bags, labeled with cruise luggage tags, to the Bellhop's desk by 11:00 am the next morning, because a Celebrity truck would be coming to pick up luggage at the hotel! We did this and actually had an extremely pleasant walk, without luggage, to embark on the ship at the Pan American Pier.

We are on carnival.

When we checked in, no one asked us what cruise line we were on. Not sure why they would assume we were cruising at all. I'm sure we looked like tourists, but can they spot the cruisers from the other visitors? :confused:

I would definitely take a taxi to the pier for boarding. Not sure of the bus route, but I'm guessing you'd have to go to the bus station. That's not far from the pier at all, and wouldn't be a bad walk, but still. I've done the drag-the-bags-to-the-pier routine before.

It's not my favorite activity in OSJ! It's hot and the bags, even when rolling them, get heavy quickly.