Help, travelling in two days on B2B

Jollyholidays

TA only just sent MSC Poesia tickets for 1st part of cruise, said still trying to get MSC to send them rest for 2nd part. Emailed MSC who said tickets should have shown whole cruise and looking into it,(he doesn't work weekends). Rang MSC who said sent 2nd part if tickets to TA last week. I requested that MSC send them direct to me but no, have to get them from TA,he also implied would have to go through embarkation again in Santos for 2nd part. Trying to get hold of TA, who are not getting back to me. HELP less than 48 hours before we travel

Edited by Jollyholidays

We are doing a b2b next week and out TA forwarded 2 emails to us with the tickets.

My understanding is that we are "in transit" between the two halves and all those doing the b2b will leave the ship in a group when the rest of the passengers have gotten off and then immediately reboard.

We are doing a b2b next week and out TA forwarded 2 emails to us with the tickets.

My understanding is that we are "in transit" between the two halves and all those doing the b2b will leave the ship in a group when the rest of the passengers have gotten off and then immediately reboard.

I was told exactly the same thing. So far I have received the tickets for my second week, but not my first. My fault as I booked the second week earlier and then added the first week on a sale I couldn't pass up! I still have two weeks to go so I'm not worrying yet. Bob Edited by CTBob

Thanks Bob

At least it not just us, spoke to TA this morning who says MSC has not sent them through yet, MSC says they did last Wednesday. Been waiting for 3 hours for TA to get back to us. any suggestions anybody?

From what you've posted I'm assuming you're on the Grand Voyage and will disembark/re-embark on Dec 6. If so, this is more than likely the reason for not receiving your tickets as it's more than two weeks out. It seems b2b are treated like separate bookings and tickets issued accordingly.

I hope this will be sorted out for you tomorrow - it must be nail-biting time for you.

This concern, like many others, arises because of not 'thinking Italian'. You are booked. Everything will sort itself out in time. You don't have to do anything other than enjoy.

In the most extreme case when MSC's paperwork is behind the trend, just relax. It will catch up eventually.

Southern Meditterraneans really do not understand this "everything has to be correct in advance" mentality. They see it as an illness better treated by a doctor rather than something that can be cured by changing any of their procedures. MSC staff are trained to express sympathy and support during your difficulties. Nothing more.

So, relax.

Edited by Skipper Tim

Thanks Tim

TA has contacted MSC who say nothing can be done till tomorrow,I have contacted them by email as well. It's just so frustrating when it was booked 9 months ago, paid in full 4 months ago. It's not to much to ask for tickets to be ready is it??????

This concern, like many others, arises because of not 'thinking Italian'. You are booked. Everything will sort itself out in time.

In fairness, Tim, they don't have much time if they're travelling in 2 days and don't have their tickets for the latter part of their trip. If it was me I'd be having sleepless nights at this stage with the anxiety. :eek:

Hi Bea

Appreciate your concern, have also tried FB message. TA contacting MSC this morning. Will post outcome

Sharon

They'll have to have it sorted for you today, Sharon - you need to have your head clear tomorrow for the final packing/organising for such a long trip. Best of luck to you and, yes, please let us know how it goes. Fingers crossed, eh?

Hi All

Just received tickets through. 12 hours before we go, not good for stress levels, but at least they are here now.

Sharon

Whew! Just in the nick of time. Now go and have a great cruise and hopefully relax a little. Bob