Norwegian Epic Barcelona cruise

PaulaSB12

I am considering doing the 19th December 2015 Barcelona christmas/new year cruise has anyone done this solo? If so how did it go? What is the food like on NCL ships? I did a 7 night cruise with thompson and the food was ok in the main restaurants but pretty naff elsewhere.

You will find NCL is to Thomsons as Hilton is to Butlins.

The food is opposite on NCL......the main restaurants are good, but the speciality restaurants are excellent. Im assuming outside the MDR on Thomsons the food is burgers and nuggets........

Epic is good for solos, with solo cabins, solo lounge. I did a solo on NCL Spirit last year (Canaries), and our solo group (there were around 7 of us who did drinks/dinner every night) had a great time.

I am considering doing the 19th December 2015 Barcelona christmas/new year cruise has anyone done this solo? If so how did it go? What is the food like on NCL ships? I did a 7 night cruise with thompson and the food was ok in the main restaurants but pretty naff elsewhere.

Just do it! Go ahead and book! You'll have a ball of a time. I have read reports that travelling solo on the Epic is great.

We have spent total 44 nights on Epic and loved her. Plenty of dining options.

ENJOY!!

Hi PaulaSB12,

Having cruised solo on both Thomson Dream and Norwegian Epic - I thought I'd weigh in here.

My fist ever solo cruise was with Thomson - I had an amazing time! As you know the food is good - not amazing but I'm sure we've all definately had worse! ;) (and no Froggitt, there were no burgers or nuggets in sight in the MDR!!)

But nothing compares to the EPIC time I had on Epic solo this year - the ship name really does say it all!! The food is great (never ate in the speciality restaurants once!). The solo gathering was great - on my sailing there was a group of 20 of us who went to dinner and had drinks and danced the nights away!! :D It was awesome..... here is the link to my review if you want to check it out. http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2091651

I don't know what it would be like during Christmas/New Year but I would be very intrigued to find out...... It is also something I have been thinking about doing at some point. Have you asked on the solo forum? Some of the solo's on there might have a better idea of what it would be like. Check it out - http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=373

Hope that helps :)

I went on a cruise with my sister but with me waking up at about 4 in the morning I had the choice sit in the dark doing nothing or get dressed and potter about the ship, doing it solo I can stay and watch tv use my ipad or anything.