What is the current Platinum gift?

gkrnjlr

I'm curious what others have been getting as their gift onboard. I've gotten several nice cups! Just wondering what the current gift(s) are.

Thanks!

Jennifer

The Conquest 10/12 & 10/19 had the toiletry bag. I gave one away to a lady at my MDR table who wasn't platinum yet.

I saw a very similar bag at LL Bean or Lands End for $20.

Edited by evandbob

I'm curious what others have been getting as their gift onboard. I've gotten several nice cups! Just wondering what the current gift(s) are.

Thanks!

Jennifer

I got the VIFP Tervis tumbler on Freedom in September. It was a nice addition to my blue and my red Carnival Tervis tumblers and my Red Frog and Blue Iguana Tervis tumblers. The VIFP one completed my set. :-) I've been on 2 Carnival cruises so far this year, and did not get the toiletry bag on either of them.

We sail on the Magic in two weeks and we are hoping for either the toiletry bag or the Tervis tumbler. We received the ceramic mugs in July and are not a fan of them. No dishwasher or microwave for the mugs.

We sail with our 7 yr old granddaughter who is Platinum and we really wish they had an appropriate gift for her. we know it's a gift but none of them are really useful or enjoyable to her.

We sail on the Magic in two weeks and we are hoping for either the toiletry bag or the Tervis tumbler. We received the ceramic mugs in July and are not a fan of them. No dishwasher or microwave for the mugs.

We sail with our 7 yr old granddaughter who is Platinum and we really wish they had an appropriate gift for her. we know it's a gift but none of them are really useful or enjoyable to her.

That's why I hope we don't get them on Conquest January 2015. Especially since we're doing B2B, we'd get 4 of them.

This year I might check the 2nd week if we can exchange a couple of the items for something else. Love our CCL Tervis Tumblers - all 4 of them. Plus I have 6 more that I bought way before we turned Platinum.

That's why I hope we don't get them on Conquest January 2015. Especially since we're doing B2B, we'd get 4 of them.

This year I might check the 2nd week if we can exchange a couple of the items for something else. Love our CCL Tervis Tumblers - all 4 of them. Plus I have 6 more that I bought way before we turned Platinum.

Who do you ask about an exchange? Guest Services?

Breeze in September: coffee mug

Splendor in November: toiletry bag

Wait! You got a toiletry bag? I got the little insulated tote bag!

I figured I'd get the toiletry bag because I JUST bought a new one, but was surprised I got the tote bag. Don't know that I'll ever use it, but, hey! I might!

The sling bag might be useful. What I don't want/need are more Tervis tumblers (I'm single, have one at home, one at work, and have given others away). If the mugs aren't dishwasher safe, I don't need them, either!

Wait! You got a toiletry bag? I got the little insulated tote bag!

I figured I'd get the toiletry bag because I JUST bought a new one, but was surprised I got the tote bag. Don't know that I'll ever use it, but, hey! I might!

The sling bag might be useful. What I don't want/need are more Tervis tumblers (I'm single, have one at home, one at work, and have given others away). If the mugs aren't dishwasher safe, I don't need them, either!

Yes we got the toiletry bag. That's weird that we didn't get the same gift when we were on the same ship. Did you get the insulated lunch tote?

In fact, we got 2 toiletry bags because my husband and I are both platinum. And I have absolutely no use for either of them. :/

We have only gotten two Tervis tumblers. That's one that I would be happy to get a few more of!

I was offered the coffee cup back in July with my parents on the imagination . I explained to them about the complaints about it and we decided to exchange it. I took it to guest services and I got the original Tervis cup in blue which was good because I already had the red one. Now we each have our own Tervis (mine is Platinum).

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpgI still cruise for Warm Chocolate Melting Cake (with 2 sugar-free vanilla ice-creams)

Edited by ccruisequeen

I got a toiletry bag on my last cruise, at the end of September into October. Not a bad thing, at least they are changing it up lately. I can surely use that when I am traveling and it seems that the consensus on this thread is that most ships are carrying the toiletry bags as platinum gifts now. I wonder what will be next. Any guesses? I already have the tumblers, the baseball caps, the beach bags and I am sure I am missing something.

Pretty odd that people on the same sailing got different gifts. I wondered last year on Conquest if they were just getting rid of a bunch of random left-overs before starting their winter sailings from Miami. Seems like that may have been the case on Splendor.

When we met the cabin steward (sometime on Sunday), he asked if we were both Platinum and I told him, no, just me. "Oh, so only one gift!" was his response. "Yes, can you tell me what it will be?" I was thinking if it was going to be another tumbler, I'd be heading to the service desk to see if I could exchange it. "No, it will be a surprise."

That's pretty much how the conversation went. I got the feeling he didn't have any idea what he'd be passing out. I wonder if we'd both been Platinum if we'd have each received the same thing.

For all I know, I'm the only one on that sailing who got the cooler/tote bag. After all, I'm so Special, you know! :p